Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: EuroBasket prediction 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoAQ View Post
    Alright... who's up for the challenge... here's my game by game for group play predictions
    Stars = Games of the Day
    Attachment 10021
    Regarding your predictions for the game outcome with greek participation, I think you are way to optimistic regarding greek success. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Regarding your predictions for the game outcome with greek participation, I think you are way to optimistic regarding greek success. Unfortunately.
    Yes, agreed! Those game-by-game pics were done a bit before Giannis was certain he wasn't going to participate. I still stand by my game by game picks for Greece though.

to many teams on eurobasket. first day maybe one game will be interesting - lithuania-georgia, rest is walk in a park.

Quote Originally Posted by miloje View Post
    to many teams on eurobasket. first day maybe one game will be interesting - lithuania-georgia, rest is walk in a park.
    Tell that to France

Too many useless teams and useless games.
    Noone would miss anything if Iceland, Romania, Hungary, Belgium etc. wasn't paricipating.
    16 teams in the tournament is more than enough.
    4 groups with 4 teams, then 2 groups with 6 teams to qualify for the QFs is the best format for this tournament...
    FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
    Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
    Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
    Melli - Kalinic - Barış
    Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Quote Originally Posted by Drexler View Post
    IMO It should never been an obligation for any player to donate his liver for the club or the nt team or stay forever or play for the NT without any will. It's very annoying that some players are being accused for betrayal even they give their 100 percent on the field. Moreover, Especially in Turkey, you may play like a rockstar for 10 years straight and hear people cursing you and asking you to leave if you perform bad for only a short period. As a country, Most people are missing the true nature of the sports. This is an entertainment. Not a life or death matter and there is also defeat as much as there is victory. Honestly, i think most people don't even like any sports, they just like to win. As everyone knows, Fenerbahce didn't have a great start last year, and i have been continuously seeing people cursing our players using profanity. The same people and the same mindset was in the first line to applaud and cheer when Fener has lifted the trophy...
    It happens everywhere, if I have to give an example, people burned Lebron's jersey when he left Cleveland in 2010. True, it's an entertainment, and it's an entertainment for the people. Without the people watching them, they wouldn't earn money. So I think it's only natural to take responds like these from the same people. There could be always emotional connection between the supporters and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Quoting the troll Ataman on this matter is like quoting Irving on flat earth bs. You can always find quotes on the web.
    I don't think Kyrie is a geologist, so you don't need to listen him on that subject. Ergin Ataman however, as far as I know is a basketball coach, so people may listen him on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by miloje View Post
    Not quite.

IMO, Spain and France (despite slow start) clearly stand-out in this EB. Bunch of other teams are close, but behind those teams.

The flick from the future...

Spain looks scary good right now, like US levels of dominant in their first two games. Especially scary since they're usually a slow starting team.
    SVG Detroit Pistons: WE'RE FORMING AN F'N WALL!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Spain looks scary good right now, like US levels of dominant in their first two games. Especially scary since they're usually a slow starting team.
    Main change is the bench. Hernangomez brothers, Sergio Rodriguez, Oriola ... Second unit is playing really well.

In any case, Montenegro and Czech Rep are not rivals to check our real level.

PS: Pau Gasol is so dominant under Fiba rules, even at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    In any case, Montenegro and Czech Rep are not rivals to check our real level.
    No one is, that's the point. No team can match your roster in this tournament. Spain came in full force while all the other contenders were plagued with players not being able to play. Croatia is also heavily weakened, Serbia, France, Greece. Lithuania is perhaps the only team that relatively went unscathed but so far have not shown the quality that is expected of them. Meanwhile, Spain is sweeping everyone with little effort. I'd put heavy money on Spain this year if I weren't so anti-gambling oh, and broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Burek View Post
    No one is, that's the point. No team can match your roster in this tournament. Spain came in full force while all the other contenders were plagued with players not being able to play. Croatia is also heavily weakened, Serbia, France, Greece. Lithuania is perhaps the only team that relatively went unscathed but so far have not shown the quality that is expected of them. Meanwhile, Spain is sweeping everyone with little effort. I'd put heavy money on Spain this year if I weren't so anti-gambling oh, and broke.
    Well, in theory full force would mean playing with Reyes, Rudy, Mirotic/Ibaka, Claver and Llull.

Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    Well, in theory full force would mean playing with Reyes, Rudy, Mirotic/Ibaka, Claver and Llull.
    Suppose, but their absence is hardly as impactful as the players missing for the teams I mentioned earlier. Spain just has a long list of capable players, you can spare a few that are unable to play as opposed to the other teams.

I don't watch teams so carefully in this tournoment but Serbia has a good odds (8.00), They have potential to win cup. Spain is so strong but I will bet for Serbia 100 euro. Today I will watch Spain games.
    long_term options
    *I like the possibility of EFES to reach f4
    *I hate Pao
    *don't want Greek loby in IBN
    *crazygreen is sympathetic interbasket citizen altough he is from greek loby.accepted Greek loby members:crazygreen,Fedfan,Mysh ArkadiosV2
    *turkish friends:wyopeq,ataman5, Levenspiel
    * protest İslamic goverment in Turkey because they force Efes PİLSEN to change its name, I drink more Efes beer after that against goverment.
    short term options
    *After Barac, Omic is silly player too .

Jesus, what a game, what a team, what heart!

I am simply in shock. Not even in my wilds dream did I think we would blow Spain out of the game. And not even with Dragic and Doncic, but with Nikolic and Dimec. I mean come on.

After so fucking many painful losses, that awful lose in the semis 2009 vs. Serbia, all those losses in the 1/4 finals, especially the one in 2007 vs. Greece. That lost golden generation of Nachbar, Smodis, Nesterovic, Becirovic, Udrih, Lakovic, Milič, Brezec and Lorbek. With that awful, despicable excrement of a coach Ales Pipan... All those times we fans knew we had a special team hurt so much, now we can start to heal Now Slovenia finally is, where it deserved to be.

And I actually went and checked. The last time someone blew Spain out of the game by +15 was in 2008, when the Redeem Team blew them out by 37. Since then i don't think anyone has done it by more then 10. Simply amazing.

Also for me MVP is ofcourse Dragic, but MVP in the shadow, has to go to Prepelic who is shooting 55,6% for 2, 42,5 for 3 and 94,1% for FT, with 13 PPG. Too bad FIBA doesn't track fouls drawn, i think he is amazing in that aspect as well. He is finally playing to his full potential this tournament.

Congrats to the guys again.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324