Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    i watch nbl games at least once a week in cable tv
    To tell you the truth, they're quite boring but I still watch the games when I got a chance. It's always the same... simple but effective basketball.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by donmar View Post
      To tell you the truth, they're quite boring but I still watch the games when I got a chance. It's always the same... simple but effective basketball.
      well, i do miss the days when the likes of gaze, heal and bradkte where playing. d finals of the previous season was shown in local tv here in the philippines.

i like d physicality of d players. i prefer watching nbl games than euroleague games that do not feature real madrid.

Comment

• The first NBL game I ever saw was on a cable channel, and I remember ex-NBA player Mark Aguirre in that game. I think it was the Townsville Crocodiles.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
          well, i do miss the days when the likes of gaze, heal and bradkte where playing. d finals of the previous season was shown in local tv here in the philippines.

i like d physicality of d players. i prefer watching nbl games than euroleague games that do not feature real madrid.
          I started watching just when Gaze was on the verge of retirement... I think that was the time when the Sydney Kings dominated the NBL for several years before they suddenly left the league...

sigpic

Comment

• Back to the topic: I think some of the players in the third unit will not play against Indonesia.

sigpic

Comment

• The best NBL team has to be the Perth Wildcats. Led by Andrew Vlahov, naturalised players Scott Fisher, James Crawford and Ricky Grace. Andrew Gaze and Mark Bradtke could never beat that team in the 90s.

Comment

• Sorry for the OT but on the NBL, yes it's true similar to maybe the PBA the glory days were in the 90's, these days a lot of the franchises are in financial difficulty. Andrew Gaze was interviewed recently about what he thinks of the new FIBA home and away format. and his response was advantage : Tall Blacks . Reason being in the NBL NZ club team the Breakers is essentially made up of the core of the Tall Blacks led by head coach Henare. It seems the NBL will allow players to be realised for the week window for each home and away window. So the Breakers / Tall Blacks will essentially be prepared.
                The merge of FIBA Oceania with Asia actually has a significant impact on "player opportunities in the region. Much like the Euro leagues have a special classification for European FIBA zone imports that are separate and different from open imports (Mostly Americans), the leagues in the Asia Pacific region are following suit , envisioned are rules were each NBL team or even CBA team will be allowed like 4 Asia Pacific region imports , plus 2 open imports and 6 local nationals (e.g Chinese) , you can imagine how strong and competitive those teams will be as well as the opportunities made available to Philippine local players. Note if Matt Wright didn't make the PBA via the Gilas special draft, he could very well have conceivably ended up playing for an NBL team this coming season as an " Asian import.
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Since gilas rotation is basically a 12-man all star type, with hardly any players cracking 20+ mins, is there any player from the other teams in the running for seaba mvp?

Or the mvp has got to come from the champion team?

If so, i think japeth is in the running for mvp, especially if he does well tonight. Abueva, stat-wise, may also be in the running.
                  Dead Lizard.

Comment

• thank god U16 games from sports5 are no longer geolocked.
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
                      Since gilas rotation is basically a 12-man all star type, with hardly any players cracking 20+ mins, is there any player from the other teams in the running for seaba mvp?

Or the mvp has got to come from the champion team?

If so, i think japeth is in the running for mvp, especially if he does well tonight. Abueva, stat-wise, may also be in the running.
                      wuysang and chuchay due to merit..the rest gilas..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• that thai mixed bloods are good. wadman and boating. im pretty sure there will be a lot of thai mixed bloods are up and coming.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          thank god U16 games from sports5 are no longer geolocked.
                          Oh, didn't know that, can you send a link? how about the senior game tonight is it still geoblocked, Speaking of Thailand and our fans behavor to them, not many know but I actually grew up in Thailand not the Philippines. So the Thai culture is actually something I relate with and not something to be disrespected
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                            thank god U16 games from sports5 are no longer geolocked.
                            Actually u can just watch any geoblocked videos by changing ip address to a philippine one.

Comment

• Whose better our cadet team (with Belo, Escoto, Keifer) or this SEABA Indonesia team?

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                Whose better our cadet team (with Belo, Escoto, Keifer) or this SEABA Indonesia team?
                                If that sea games cadet played with indonesia right
                                Now.it will be a close match up or probably and
                                Upset.but if your talking about that cadets, the same line up
                                Who are now rokies in the pba ill say cadets still winning.
                                Those cadets now are different players now.they really improve a lot since playing in the pba.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information