No announcement yet.

Yi Jian Lian will end up where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun yue is going to be a scrub, and i seriously think it was just a move by LA to sell more stuff to china and the asian population in the west.

with a lineup of

Mo
    Redd
    Simmons/Charlie V.
    Yi
    Bogut

yi i tihnk should go to sf and CV go to pf.
    yi better be playing. the gm/pres? wants him to playa nd get minutes supposedly whether yi likes it or not. so he better take advantage of it
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I think Yi doesnt match Milwaukee...
      NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

hey dsong2006, u based in china or what. im assuming u are an abc or cbc. cuz your site here in china is blocked. fukcin commies

im trying for the longest time to log on to the yi jianlian blogspot and keeps telling me wont do it....damn it
        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by dsong2006
          Lakers have Mo Evans, Farmar, Vujacic, and maybe Smush Parker also with Jarvas Crittenton. Somehow i doubt Phil Jackson will play Sun Yue as a point guard but rather a point forward like Luke Walton or how he plays the Lamar Odom "empty set." from time to time and makes him be the playmaker
          Sun Yue need to improve his shooting badly especially when asked to play SG/SF

Comment

lol i'm actually in the USA so i dunno why its blocked
            YI JIANLIAN BLOG

Comment

some sites are blocked/censored by china gov if you didnt know...deemed too harmful for the chinese citizens

and i really wanted to read this yi jianlian blog of yours on his updates. damn ill have to wait 2+ yrs before i can see it

Comment

What's wrong with YI and his Representatives? Are you kidding me?...
                This is supposed to be the NBA DRAFT.. .Teams drafting players who they think will fit for their team.. Not the other way around... Just be thankful that you got drafted...There are millions out there who doesnt have this kind of opportunity... this is america... not a communist country... so stop attempting to land your player wherever you guys want him to play.... If they cant get what they want then so be it... There are more better players out there who wants to play for an NBA team....
                Last edited by Dinamita; 06-29-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
                  What's wrong with YI and his Representatives? Are you kidding me?...
                  This is supposed to be the NBA DRAFT.. .Teams drafting players who they think will fit for there team.. Not the other way around... Just be thankful that you got drafted...There are millions out there who doesnt have this kind of opportunity... this is america... not a communist country... so stop attempting to land your player wherever you guys want him to play.... If they cant get what they want then so be it... There are more better players out there who wants to play for an NBA team....
                  Amen to that.

Comment

this is america... not a communist country... so stop attempting to land your player wherever you guys want him to play
                    I often find such comments rather amusing. Who are you trying to speak to? The abstract but omnipotent "Chinese government"? It's easy to blame everything on "Chinese government". If a public school teacher punishes a student, it's "persecution of its people." Simple? Except it only shows total ignorance on the complexity of relationships inherent in all million-dollar decisions.

The first player behind Yi, who I think you were trying to refer to, is the Chinese Basketball Management Center, sometimes referred to as "CBA officials". This is a governmental appointed office, and it's not much different than a combination of NBA headquarter and USA Basketball. The only thing the CBMC has over Yi is the permission, in the form of clearance letters, to play abroad (as written in FIBA regulations). This Yi has already gotten. The CBMC receive nothing monetary from Yi. The only power they can exert on Yi now is to "kick him out of the National Team" if he refuses to play; which is pretty pointless anyway.

In fact, yesterday, CBMC vice president Hu Jiashi said he thinks Milwaukee is a good fit and wishes Yi get more minutes to help the national team in the Olympics.

The real people behind Yi are actually "Guangdong Southern Tigers Basketball Club". This is a very interesting relationship, since to play in the NBA Yi has to come out of his contract with his former team before he can sign a new one. While basketball-wise he has probably done so, financially he has not. Guangdong club is loosely associated with the local government (Guangdong Provincial Sports Management Center) but is one of the most privatized teams in China (a key reason to their success), owned by Guangdong Winnerway Group Corporation (GWGC). GMGC is one of the biggest real estate corporations in China, based in Dongguan, Guangdong. They own hotels, foreign language schools, medicine, sports teams and all sorts of businesses.

CMBA has no people with Yi right now in the US (although some are with the China NT in Dallas which Yi is supposed to join shortly). But a lot of people from Guangdong club are in the US accompanying Yi, including GM/President Chen Haitao (who also owns another trade company in Dongguan), Vice President Liu Hongjiang, and others whose names I can't keep track of. These are all capitalists, not communists, FYI. I am not an insider but my guess is these are the people insisting on a big market with a lot of Asians. My suspicion is Yi will help GWGC get more of their products and businesses to America.

Very interestingly, the people behind Sun Yue is also his club team Beijing Olympian, who recently made all kinds of unruly requests that Jonas Kazlauskas apologize after his "Sun Yue is not ready for NBA" comment.

A lot of people in the West resent the fact that Chinese "government / state" is controlling the athletes. However, I find it that the new trend is the private teams are controlling the athletes, quite often more so than the government would do. Athletes are still the victims in the battle of government (who only cares about "national glory") and privatized teams (who only cares about $$$)
                    Last edited by sinobball; 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

Communists or not.. It is still wrong...They are being insensitive...
                      Just think about the players who really want to play for an NBA team and didnt get pick... They are doing everything just to get pick... while YI and his Representatives are doing everything so he wont be playing with MILWAUKEE... They didnt even let the MILWAUKEE watch him during his workouts...

Comment

This Frenchman is sold!

Comment

you can try signing up for google blogger and see if it works than. I have a lot of articles and some of my own analysis on Yi, Sun Yue, Chen Jianghua and the Chinese national team so good luck hopefully you'll get to see it.

haha btw i have that same video on my blog
                          YI JIANLIAN BLOG

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                            I often find such comments rather amusing. Who are you trying to speak to? The abstract but omnipotent "Chinese government"? It's easy to blame everything on "Chinese government". If a public school teacher punishes a student, it's "persecution of its people." Simple? Except it only shows total ignorance on the complexity of relationships inherent in all million-dollar decisions.

The first player behind Yi, who I think you were trying to refer to, is the Chinese Basketball Management Center, sometimes referred to as "CBA officials". This is a governmental appointed office, and it's not much different than a combination of NBA headquarter and USA Basketball. The only thing the CBMC has over Yi is the permission, in the form of clearance letters, to play abroad (as written in FIBA regulations). This Yi has already gotten. The CBMC receive nothing monetary from Yi. The only power they can exert on Yi now is to "kick him out of the National Team" if he refuses to play; which is pretty pointless anyway.

In fact, yesterday, CBMC vice president Hu Jiashi said he thinks Milwaukee is a good fit and wishes Yi get more minutes to help the national team in the Olympics.

The real people behind Yi are actually "Guangdong Southern Tigers Basketball Club". This is a very interesting relationship, since to play in the NBA Yi has to come out of his contract with his former team before he can sign a new one. While basketball-wise he has probably done so, financially he has not. Guangdong club is loosely associated with the local government (Guangdong Provincial Sports Management Center) but is one of the most privatized teams in China (a key reason to their success), owned by Guangdong Winnerway Group Corporation (GWGC). GMGC is one of the biggest real estate corporations in China, based in Dongguan, Guangdong. They own hotels, foreign language schools, medicine, sports teams and all sorts of businesses.

CMBA has no people with Yi right now in the US (although some are with the China NT in Dallas which Yi is supposed to join shortly). But a lot of people from Guangdong club are in the US accompanying Yi, including GM/President Chen Haitao (who also owns another trade company in Dongguan), Vice President Liu Hongjiang, and others whose names I can't keep track of. These are all capitalists, not communists, FYI. I am not an insider but my guess is these are the people insisting on a big market with a lot of Asians. My suspicion is Yi will help GWGC get more of their products and businesses to America.

Very interestingly, the people behind Sun Yue is also his club team Beijing Olympian, who recently made all kinds of unruly requests that Jonas Kazlauskas apologize after his "Sun Yue is not ready for NBA" comment.

A lot of people in the West resent the fact that Chinese "government / state" is controlling the athletes. However, I find it that the new trend is the private teams are controlling the athletes, quite often more so than the government would do. Athletes are still the victims in the battle of government (who only cares about "national glory") and privatized teams (who only cares about $$$)

Sinobball, you are right. However, people are bias against China. It is always a simple way to blame the Communist. They just don't understand after the Open economic plan, China is getting more Capitalist than most countries in the world

Comment

Originally posted by taipan
                              If he were Filipino, what will be your guess????
                              actually when i say big, i'm talking of Yao Ming status... i don't think Yi can surpass that wether he's Chinese, Japanese or Pinoy!
                              Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Communists or not.. It is still wrong...They are being insensitive...
                                Just think about the players who really want to play for an NBA team and didnt get pick... They are doing everything just to get pick... while YI and his Representatives are doing everything so he wont be playing with MILWAUKEE... They didnt even let the MILWAUKEE watch him during his workouts...
                                I didn't see anything wrong with that. Damn, we are talking about 10-million dollar and 1-million dollar difference here. Landing Yi on a big market like SF and Chicago means much bigger business endorsement figures, which is what his agent, his former team and NBA want to see. Plus, Bucks is a guard-oriented team. With the ball-hogs like Redd and Mo Williams, even the 1st pick Bogut complained about his role in the team. Should Bucks change their game plan for Yi? I don't think so. So why can't Yi's agent try to find a team that Yi could fit well?

So Bucks had all the right to pick Yi, Yi and his agent have all the right to ask a trade as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information