Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 2017 17th WABA Championship [Amman, Jordan, Jan 29-Feb 2]

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,134
    Country: China

    Default 2017 17th WABA Championship [Amman, Jordan, Jan 29-Feb 2]

    Last edited by Kings; 02-03-2017 at 08:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,715
    Country: United States

    Default

    A much improved performance for Galloway in the second game but Iraq still lost. His game against Lebanon was horrible.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,982

    Default

    Jamshidi learned to shoot threes?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,624
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Jamshidi learned to shoot threes?
    You're surprised becoz you remember how he struggled playing for Meralco as an Asian import last year?

    Jamshidi has a respectable 3-point shot since breaking into the Iranian senior national team about 4 years ago. Though he is more of slasher than a shooter, his outside shooting isn't bad.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that 'virtue was not convenient at the time'. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,624
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Iran (w/o Hamed Hadadi) lost to Lebanon 62-65. See how vulnerable Iran is w/o Hadadi. This, to think that Lebanon isn't really that prepared for this tournament.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that 'virtue was not convenient at the time'. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  6. #6
    Senior Member khaledlebanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    833

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Iran (w/o Hamed Hadadi) lost to Lebanon 62-65. See how vulnerable Iran is w/o Hadadi. This, to think that Lebanon isn't really that prepared for this tournament.
    Lebanon barely had one week of training and one single friendly against Syria! The team was missing Jean, Hayk and Ahmad Ibrahim... There's a good chance that Julian Khazzouh might play in the Asian Championship too! Lebanon lead the game against Iran from the start and even made a 13 pts gap just 4 to 5 mins before the end of the game! But somehow Iran came back after a technical foul & several fouls against the Lebanese NT! The referees were really bad, Fadi who scored 21 points (added 3ass 5rebs & 4stls) in 27 mins was WRONGLY fouled out!

    The West Asian Champions are back to win it all this summer

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    You're surprised becoz you remember how he struggled playing for Meralco as an Asian import last year?

    Jamshidi has a respectable 3-point shot since breaking into the Iranian senior national team about 4 years ago. Though he is more of slasher than a shooter, his outside shooting isn't bad.
    yeah i know that he can shoot but his pba stats dont lie..He passes well slash well but still maybe a bit chucker at times, and its not a knack on his shooting skills, but giving knack on his mentality just like the guy named Ray..
    Last edited by reamily; 02-02-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khaledlebanon View Post
    Lebanon barely had one week of training and one single friendly against Syria! The team was missing Jean, Hayk and Ahmad Ibrahim... There's a good chance that Julian Khazzouh might play in the Asian Championship too! Lebanon lead the game against Iran from the start and even made a 13 pts gap just 4 to 5 mins before the end of the game! But somehow Iran came back after a technical foul & several fouls against the Lebanese NT! The referees were really bad, Fadi who scored 21 points (added 3ass 5rebs & 4stls) in 27 mins was WRONGLY fouled out!

    The West Asian Champions are back to win it all this summer
    I am hoping that Australia and NZ wont send a kj selection, kill joy that they dont send their best players..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Iran (w/o Hamed Hadadi) lost to Lebanon 62-65. See how vulnerable Iran is w/o Hadadi. This, to think that Lebanon isn't really that prepared for this tournament.
    and you think Iran was PREPARED ? they gathered these players only couple of days before the tournament and went to Jordan without practicing that much together and they even had hard time to find a temporary coach for the team thanks to Bauermann and also his assistant Shahintab for not accepting to lead the team.
    of course they should win this tournament even under this circumstances, no excuse for losing like that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Jamshidi learned to shoot threes?
    and you will dislike him much more if you read his comments about the Philippines league. lol

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    539
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    and you think Iran was PREPARED ? they gathered these players only couple of days before the tournament and went to Jordan without practicing that much together and they even had hard time to find a temporary coach for the team thanks to Bauermann and also his assistant Shahintab for not accepting to lead the team.
    of course they should win this tournament even under this circumstances, no excuse for losing like that.
    I like your passion for your team, but you always talk as if the iranian NT is above all. No they didint lose against a bad team to say no excuse! They lost against one of the best teams in asia. Iran overall still has the edge over lebanon, but at the end of the day they lost againt lebanon + fady el khatib + import( even though he was bad)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,624
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    and you think Iran was PREPARED ? they gathered these players only couple of days before the tournament and went to Jordan without practicing that much together and they even had hard time to find a temporary coach for the team thanks to Bauermann and also his assistant Shahintab for not accepting to lead the team.
    of course they should win this tournament even under this circumstances, no excuse for losing like that.
    Oh sorry, I didn't know that Iran also didn't have enough preparation for this tournament. But I think cohesion-wise, Iran is better than the Lebanese team in this tournament. If you look at Iran's roster for this tournament, you got around 8 players who have been playing in the national team in the last 3 years or so, and those players make up Iran's nucleus. Lebanon on the other hand, though the likes of El Khatib, Stephan & Rustom had been national team mainstays, they have not played in the national team for around 4 years or so. So these players had hardly established cohesion & bonding with the likes of Wael Arakji, Ali Haidar, Bassel Bawji, Amer Saoud who had been playing international basketball in the last 3 years or so. Plus naturalized player Ater Majok is new to the team.

    As I said, cohesion-wise, Iran has some edge over Lebanon.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that 'virtue was not convenient at the time'. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    and you will dislike him much more if you read his comments about the Philippines league. lol
    Interezting
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  14. #14
    Senior Member splitzapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    781
    Country: PNG

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    and you will dislike him much more if you read his comments about the Philippines league. lol
    whatever his comments are, the fact of the matter is that he stunk and did not survive. lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •