Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lebanon National Team - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Lebasketball View Post
    Yes Micho is still a member of their NT and the syrian federation naturalized a center (if im not mistaken, it's the first time that Syria naturalized a player).
    so syrian has naturalized an american? (Yup suck that Fiba rule as araujo was tagged as naturalized)And where are their training now?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I would not say it's a very bad choice because he's a pure center, good in the defense and very quick. Ok he's not a scorer but a guy like him will give headache to every player who want to penetrate under the basket. Plus he's 23 years old and can improve and he has played this season in the Serie A and in the champions league. It's still a better competition than our league and Asian league.
    On the technical side, I heard that Batautas wants to play uptempo, fastbreak, etc so for this role he's our best choice.
    After all, we don't need a scorer. We have fadi wael haidar so if he can make 15ppg i think it will be ok.
    Be positive.
    Btw which players did you want instead of him ?
    Somebody like Blatche. Pelle average 5 ppg in Italian league, its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    so syrian has naturalized an american? (Yup suck that Fiba rule as araujo was tagged as naturalized)And where are their training now?
    Not an American but an eastern european.
    I have no idea. They played against Lebanon twice so maybe they are in Lebanon.

Quote Originally Posted by eshmawi View Post
    Somebody like Blatche. Pelle average 5 ppg in Italian league, its ridiculous.
    Someone like Blatche needs 1 000 000 $ so it's impossible for us.
    He averaged 7.8 ppg but in 17 minutes i think so it's not that bad. Plus his pourcentage are impressive so I think he's ok. It's our best choice since vroman.

Not an American but an eastern european.
    I have no idea. They played against Lebanon twice so maybe they are in Lebanon.
    So the naturalized player of Syria & Madanly played vs. Lebanon in a tune up game?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that 'virtue was not convenient at the time'. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    So the naturalized player of Syria & Madanly played vs. Lebanon in a tune up game?
    I don't have any information about the game. All I know was the score at the end.

I think because in one other way philippines and Lebanon will meet in wildcard quarters tahts why they choose a guy who alter shots..

Goodluck to us..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

The list of the 12 for the NT :
    Wael Arakji, Ali Mezher, Joseph Chartouny
    Amir Saoud, Nadim Souaid, Elie Rustom
    Fadi El Khatib, Jean Abdelnour
    Ali Haidar, Bassel Bawji
    Pelle, Tabet

So Hayk and Elie Chamoun didn't make it.
    I don't know if it's for his paper or the coach decision but i was hoping for Hayk instead of Nadim Souaid.

Go Cedars !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123