Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebanon National Team - 2017

Oh yes Bawji I forgot it. He was our main player with Ali Haidar two years ago.
    Rustom his level decrease since his injury two years ago.
    Elie Estephan is the meaning of bad defense .
    Nadim Souaid no ballhandling, no skills.
    I would pick Elie Chamoun. He's our sniper and a very good defensive player. I would go with him. The only problem it's his height and we already have Amir. Both of them are not tall for their position and against NZ Australia China etc it can cost us a lot.

i think you need role players in 10, 11 and 12th guys, players would play a role but can be reliable upon called..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Butautas arrived yesterday to Lebanon.
    He made his first practice but some of the players are still injured (Fadi, Elie Estephan, Jean will be out for more than 1 month so his participation is still unknown, Ahmad Ibrahim) and others are still not in Lebanon (Charles Tabet, Khazzouh).
    Butautas said that Lebanon have very good players and a lot of talented players. He said also that Lebanon is like Lithuania, fans are crazy about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebasketball View Post
    He made his first practice but some of the players are still injured (Fadi, Elie Estephan, Jean will be out for more than 1 month so his participation is still unknown, Ahmad Ibrahim) and others are still not in Lebanon (Charles Tabet, Khazzouh).
    Butautas said that Lebanon have very good players and a lot of talented players. He said also that Lebanon is like Lithuania, fans are crazy about basketball.
    With all the absences, how many players did he meet? 4?

Hehe actually they were a lot of "B" players.

Quote Originally Posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
    Ramunas Butautas is better than Jonas Kazlauskas.I don't know why Guangdong team manager Zhu invite Kazlauskas to be head coach.
    If you're a girl and love bald-headed men, then might be true, Butautas is way ahead here In term of basketball Kazlauskas is infront, it's not even close

That's true. I guess we both and Philippines are only countries where basketball is no1, atleast as far as I know. That's why it's always nice to support you guys

Unfortunately Ahmad Ibrahim is out of the NT.
    The coach don't even invite him in the list of 20 because he didn't play any game this season.
    I don't know but it's weird because Khazzouh was injured all season and he invited him so this excuse is not available for me.
    It's a big bomb in the social media right now. Some says it was a federation decision some says it's Fadi.
    We have to stay away from issue like this !!!
    In my opinion the coach had to invite Ahmad and if he's not in shape he can take this decision later but to take the decision without seeing him training...Butautas is crazy hehe he has been in Lebanon for 2 days and there is already 95% of the Lebanese fans who want a new coach !

But could Butautas make such decision without anyone's support, I mean opinion from the side (federation, Fadi or someone else)? Cause he is really new there and will need time to get to know all the details. It would be crazy not to call such important player atleast to see how he looks on court. In Lithuania usualy things go like this - coach talks to the player personally, to know how he feels, is he ready to play and then makes a decision. If players says he is atleast ready to try, we always give him a chance, no matter how much time he was out injured. As you could notice I'm not really a fan of Butautas, but I really don't think he could come and make such drastical decision on his own

Unfortunately Ahmad Ibrahim is out of the NT.
    The coach don't even invite him in the list of 20 because he didn't play any game this season.
    I don't know but it's weird because Khazzouh was injured all season and he invited him so this excuse is not available for me.
    It's a big bomb in the social media right now. Some says it was a federation decision some says it's Fadi.
    We have to stay away from issue like this !!!
    In my opinion the coach had to invite Ahmad and if he's not in shape he can take this decision later but to take the decision without seeing him training...Butautas is crazy hehe he has been in Lebanon for 2 days and there is already 95% of the Lebanese fans who want a new coach !
    Ahmad is already a "star" in Lebanon, lol in a basketball country like lebanon, surely a guy who didnt appear this season should be out unless youre a 7 footer like Philippines..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Ahmad is already a "star" in Lebanon, lol in a basketball country like lebanon, surely a guy who didnt appear this season should be out unless youre a 7 footer like Philippines..
    I don't know the caliber of Ahmad as a star, but I remember him bein' really important in 2015 Asiabasket until he got injured. You may not add him to final roster, if he is out of shape, but it's silly not to give atleast a try in preparations and see how ready he is

Butautas said it was his decision and only his decision but i don't believe him. Lebanon is a crazy country, everybody wanna talks about everything and everyone thinks he's a coach !
    I never was a fan of Ahmad Ibrahim because he's a selfish player and he acts like he's already a legend so basically the person is not my cup of tea but he's surely without a doubt our best back up and talented player since Fadi so it's a loss but it's still ok for me.
    We have to stay behind our coach and behind our NT.
    But it's hard to believe it's always the same problem when it comes to the NT. We never had the chance to be all united behind our NT. There is always people inside Lebanon who don't care about the NT.
    By the way players and staff were impress by Batautas because he knews everything about every Lebanese players.
    He watched games from the Lebanese league and games from the NT.
    Last edited by Lebasketball; 07-02-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Some updates :
    -The Lebanese NT is in camp in Beirut.
    -Two training sessions per day.
    -Still a lot of injuries but Fadi Wael and Elie Estephan will be back this week.
    -As for the naturalized player, still no names but they will pick two players and they will chose the right one (not a bad idea).
    -The federation had a list of some players who might be naturalized but the coach didn't want none of them so the coach gives some name to the federation. They are still working on it.
    - A training camp to Serbia (from 9th of july till 22)
    - Mini tournament in Lebanon (4 teams : most probably Australia, Qatar and maybe Jordan or Iraq or Syria)

Are Khazzouh, Elijah Obade and Charles Tabet in camp?

Khazzouh will not play with us because of his injury.
    Obade will not play this summer too because of his paper.
    Tabet is still injured.
    As you can see it we are in trouble at the moment in the position 5.

Yesterday Lebanon won against Syria 78-57 (no tv coverage, still no stats).

Norvel Pelle is officially our naturalized player. He will join the NT in Serbia.
    Pelle played this season with Varese in the Serie A and last year he was playing with Homenetmen club (Lebanese club).

Its a very bad choice, We seen him in lebanese league.Pelle does nothing but block shots, rebound and fly.Thats about it.Guy got no technique, shooting and its like playing 4 vs 5 in offence with him on court.

This modern era its all about spacing and PELLE doesnt fit modern basketball

I would not say it's a very bad choice because he's a pure center, good in the defense and very quick. Ok he's not a scorer but a guy like him will give headache to every player who want to penetrate under the basket. Plus he's 23 years old and can improve and he has played this season in the Serie A and in the champions league. It's still a better competition than our league and Asian league.
    On the technical side, I heard that Batautas wants to play uptempo, fastbreak, etc so for this role he's our best choice.
    After all, we don't need a scorer. We have fadi wael haidar so if he can make 15ppg i think it will be ok.
    Be positive.
    Btw which players did you want instead of him ?

Yesterday Lebanon won against Syria 78-57 (no tv coverage, still no stats).
    Is Michelle Madanly still a member of their national team?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Is Michelle Madanly still a member of their national team?
    Yes Micho is still a member of their NT and the syrian federation naturalized a center (if im not mistaken, it's the first time that Syria naturalized a player).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast