18th FIBA Oceania Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel23
    You don't know about their skills, moves etc. NZ players are in Australian leagues or NBL teams benches. They're more smaller players in NZ like Pero Cameron positioned @ center is 6'4. Onlly Sean Marks is the tallest player in NZ NT. They are underated or role players in NBL Australia. Otherwise, other players played like Mick Pennisi. Philippines can beat NZ and NZ can beat Philippines.
    WTF! Pero Cameron doesn't play at Center he's a @#$%ing Forward... Sean Marks is not even Center.. he's a Power-Forward... and they're not under-rated since New Zealand like Singapore have their own team in the Australain NBL... its the New Zealand Breakers... and yes Philippines can beat NZ in 3 out of 10 but NZ can beat the Philippines in 7 out of 10... whether we like it or not... in terms of professional basketball we got the upper hand but in terms of international basketball they got the upper hand...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
      WTF! Pero Cameron doesn't play at Center he's a @#$%ing Forward... Sean Marks is not even Center.. he's a Power-Forward... and they're not under-rated since New Zealand like Singapore have their own team in the Australain NBL... its the New Zealand Breakers... and yes Philippines can beat NZ in 3 out of 10 but NZ can beat the Philippines in 7 out of 10... whether we like it or not... in terms of professional basketball we got the upper hand but in terms of international basketball they got the upper hand...
      you're getting me wrong! Cameron is Powerforward-Center position.. Oh look NZ Breakers are worst record like Singapore Slingers. NZ led by US imports and a Australian. Singapore led by American and Australian but Singaporean players were bench warmers. Your prediction chances that team can beat is indefinite.

Comment

You're getting me wrong! Cameron is Powerforward-Center position.. Oh look NZ Breakers are worst record like Singapore Slingers. NZ led by US imports and a Australian. Singapore led by American and Australian but Singaporean players were bench warmers. Your prediction chances that team can beat is indefinite.

Comment

You're getting me wrong! Cameron is Powerforward-Center position.. Oh look NZ Breakers are worst record like Singapore Slingers. NZ led by US imports and a Australian. Singapore led by American and Australian but Singaporean players were bench warmers. Your prediction of chances the teams that can beat is indefinite. No doubt, the Aussies still dominating in Oceania.

Comment

Originally posted by joel23
            You're getting me wrong! Cameron is Powerforward-Center position.. Oh look NZ Breakers are worst record like Singapore Slingers. NZ led by US imports and a Australian. Singapore led by American and Australian but Singaporean players were bench warmers. Your prediction of chances the teams that can beat is indefinite. No doubt, the Aussies still dominating in Oceania.
            Bullshit! Pero Cameron is just a @#$%ing Power Forward not Center... Sean Mark, who is @#$%ing taller than him is playing @#$%ing forward in the NBA... and yeah of course the NZ Breakers sucks... I live in NZ and I watch their games I know that!... but the Tall Blacks is way @#$%ing different compare to the Breakers...

Of course Australia dominate in Oceania (duh!!!!)... I watch their @#$%ing games every @#$%ing year... NZ made a fluke in 2001 but that would never happen again!...

About the Singapore Slingers, I only mention them because NZ also have a @#$%ing franchise in the Australian NBL not because their good...

Besides, the way RP and NZ perform internationally recently, I believe NZ will win whether you like it or not... they made it to the last two World Championships and the last two Olympics (probably more than that) while RP never qualified since 1985-86 (more than twenty @#$%ing years... blame Graham Lim btw)...

sigpic

Comment

Bullshit! Pero Cameron is just a @#$%ing Power Forward not Center... Sean Mark, who is @#$%ing taller than him is playing @#$%ing forward in the NBA... and yeah of course the NZ Breakers sucks... I live in NZ and I watch their games I know that!... but the Tall Blacks is way @#$%ing different compare to the Breakers...

Of course Australia dominate in Oceania (duh!!!!)... I watch their @#$%ing games every @#$%ing year... NZ made a fluke in 2001 but that would never happen again!...

About the Singapore Slingers, I only mention them because NZ also have a @#$%ing franchise in the Australian NBL not because their good...

Besides, the way RP and NZ perform internationally recently, I believe NZ will win whether you like it or not... they made it to the last two World Championships and the last two Olympics (probably more than that) while RP never qualified since 1985-86 (more than twenty @#$%ing years... blame Graham Lim btw)...
              Pero Cameron sometimes playing center and powerforward. For playing basketball, a player played pf as no.4 position sometimes he positioning at no. 5 it depends the way of strategy play like SG/SF 2/3 position its a same position but PG no.1 position at the top. NZ NT in the over 50 years its a same level of Thailand, Indonesia but now its same level of Asian top caliber. NZ can beat the Philippines. NZ basketball level even with NBA player like Sean Marks like Lebanon, Iran etc. Yeah we need to told President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo ORDER TO DEPORT GRAHAM LIM!!!

Comment

dont underestimate the NZ national team.. theyve been together a long time and have great chemistry with each other. Kirk Penney has already played for 3 NBA clubs and will be one of the better swingmen in the NBL next season. Bradshaw the other night scored 28pts against Yao Ming (while playing for the Brisbane Bullets) in a win. Theyre not nearly as strong as the Aussies personnel wise, but i doubt any Asian team (including China) could feel confident in beating them. They have been massive overacheivers (unlike the Aussies who rarely make the most of the talent).

Im Australian, by the way. Lot of respect for the NZ side, although i think their new coach makes some questionable decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by redred
                  dont underestimate the NZ national team.. theyve been together a long time and have great chemistry with each other. Kirk Penney has already played for 3 NBA clubs and will be one of the better swingmen in the NBL next season. Bradshaw the other night scored 28pts against Yao Ming (while playing for the Brisbane Bullets) in a win. Theyre not nearly as strong as the Aussies personnel wise, but i doubt any Asian team (including China) could feel confident in beating them. They have been massive overacheivers (unlike the Aussies who rarely make the most of the talent).

Im Australian, by the way. Lot of respect for the NZ side, although i think their new coach makes some questionable decisions.
                  I agree with you... NZ may not be as strong as Australia but I doubt any Asian teams (even the Philippines) have the balls to beat them....

Talking about Kirk Penney... I hope he'll enjoy the Australian NBL... he's a great player and deserve more basketball honors... I hope he could help the Breakers though...

sigpic

Comment

NZ ball

i thought the main problem with the NZ team throughout the oceania series was the coaching... i thought a lot of the time they had the wrong people on the floor at the wrong time.
                    i know its easy to blame the coach but why was penney sitting for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by kajacko
                      i thought the main problem with the NZ team throughout the oceania series was the coaching... i thought a lot of the time they had the wrong people on the floor at the wrong time.
                      i know its easy to blame the coach but why was penney sitting for so long?
                      Same... I was wondering why Kirk Penney spend too much time in the bench... although the coach was on his first year as head coach of NZ but yeah... he got a coaching problem

sigpic

Comment

Penney is injured at the moment so maybe that played a part in the benching.

Comment

Originally posted by trichard79
                          Penney is injured at the moment so maybe that played a part in the benching.
                          He was injured after the Oceania Championship... he got injured in one of Australian NBL tune-up games

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information