The Kobe Paras Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    OT: Anyone remember Christian David and how some pinoys wanted him to choose Creighton? I'm glad he chose BUTLER over Creighton as the wings will be too loaded next year...

Brian Tugs, in the meantime, is still undecided....but probably this week, we will find out. I hope he doesn't choose Creighton...

All of this is for Kobe's chance to see minutes on the court...
    Whether or not he chooses Creighton, more playing time for Kobe is still bleak. As of now, only Zierden's spot is up for grabs next year, which means five players (Paras, Scurry, Alexander, Ballock, and Joseph) will have to compete for it. It's not a pretty scene.
    Last edited by interxavierxxx; 02-02-2017, 07:43 AM.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
      OT: Anyone remember Christian David and how some pinoys wanted him to choose Creighton? I'm glad he chose BUTLER over Creighton as the wings will be too loaded next year...

Brian Tugs, in the meantime, is still undecided....but probably this week, we will find out. I hope he doesn't choose Creighton...

All of this is for Kobe's chance to see minutes on the court...
      Regardless on who's coming or staying next year, if Kobe is good then he should be getting some burn. Those guys like Foster or Thomas aren't exactly NBA bound so if he can't beat those guys, what does Kobe make. Some people here are taking shots on the coach but the reality is it's Kobe who need to prove himself. The Creighton program has been doing well under that coach. I believe Kobe has that talent to be at very least a good college player but he should continue to work hard, never lose that confidence and be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        eiji_ sawakiata, Favor I'm looking for a high school big man (at least 6' 3") to fill my last spot for the March 13-16 NBTC nationals. Could you refer me to someone in your area Queensland ( must be Filipino decent, in high school or recent graduate (2016) , any help will be appreciated
        will do some scouting analysations for you mate

joking aside, I've only watched ethan once in person, and aside from him, all the filipino/fil-aussie kids I knew are sub par, short (like below 5'10" feet short, btw I am exactly 5'11" myself so I kinda know if the kids are above 6 footer), or if they do have the height they're simply not into basketball (thanks to rugby league ).
        "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
          The coach was dead serious about his players sharing nothing on social media about what they do inside the gym. Whatever is going on, I hope it's all positive development on Kobe's game and familiarization of the McDermott's system.

I know I've been see-sawing on my position regarding what Kobe should do after this season but it seems that staying in Creighton remains the best option.

I don't expect a lot of changes next year as Khyri Thomas and Marcus Foster are likely to come back.
          Worst case scenario for Kobe is Foster coming back and Creighton getting Thugs Bowen on top of Ballock and Alexander.
          Imagine Thomas, Foster, Ballock, Alexander, Paras, and possibly Bowen, contending for wing/SG/SF minutes.

I'm not giving up on Kobe earning his minutes, but why do I feel worried for him.
          A top 20 recruit like Bowen will for sure get his 10-20 minutes per game. Ballock and Alexander if they are not red shirted will probably hover between DNPs and garbage minutes to max 10 minutes.
          Foster will again get the lion share of the SG minutes, while Thomas will probably peep Bowen (if he indeed ended up with the Blue Jays) for the starting minutes at SF.
          If they do get Bowen, depending on how legit his top 20 ranking is, he will probably get more minutes at the PF slot in small ball lineups taking the lion share of the minutes away from Krampelj, Harrell and Hegner.
          Take away Zierden, then that leaves Kobe to assert himself over the new recruits to be the main reliever of Foster and Thomas.
          "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
            will do some scouting analysations for you mate

joking aside, I've only watched ethan once in person, and aside from him, all the filipino/fil-aussie kids I knew are sub par, short (like below 5'10" feet short, btw I am exactly 5'11" myself so I kinda know if the kids are above 6 footer), or if they do have the height they're simply not into basketball (thanks to rugby league ).
            Yes if you find anyone let me know, thanks!
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
              Regardless on who's coming or staying next year, if Kobe is good then he should be getting some burn. Those guys like Foster or Thomas aren't exactly NBA bound so if he can't beat those guys, what does Kobe make. Some people here are taking shots on the coach but the reality is it's Kobe who need to prove himself. The Creighton program has been doing well under that coach. I believe Kobe has that talent to be at very least a good college player but he should continue to work hard, never lose that confidence and be patient.
              Looking good on paper isn't enough, per se. A lot of players on the bench, such as Harrell Jr, are talented but they are still struggling for more minutes. If Kobe can't beat those players by sheer talent, then he can make up by his familiarity with Coach McDermott's system.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• @interxavierxxx, I agree that people in the Bluejay forum are a**h***s. They have just made fun of your thread there. WTF!

Comment

• Originally posted by quasar74 View Post
                  @interxavierxxx, I agree that people in the Bluejay forum are a**h***s. They have just made fun of your thread there. WTF!
                  I honestly have no idea what I did to warrant that kind of response. I simply wanted to start a discussion. If they don't want to talk about it, then just say so.

Apparently, they do this to any newbie in that forum. They think--just because they've been following team much longer--they have the right to behave like assholes to people who are new to the team.

That was the last time I decided to visit that forum.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Bluejays.
                  GILAS WISHLIST:
                  6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by quasar74 View Post
                    @interxavierxxx, I agree that people in the Bluejay forum are a**h***s. They have just made fun of your thread there. WTF!
                    Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                    I honestly have no idea what I did to warrant that kind of response. I simply wanted to start a discussion. If they don't want to talk about it, then just say so.

Apparently, they do this to any newbie in that forum. They think--just because they've been following team much longer--they have the right to behave like assholes to people who are new to the team.

That was the last time I decided to visit that forum.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Bluejays.
                    what did you try to discuss with them?
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      what did you try to discuss with them?
                      I wanted to discuss about possible replacements for players who are graduating and the players who may transfer. Yeah, I get that it's too early to talk about it. That's on me. However, it doesn't give them the right to be assholes. If they think my thread is ridiculous, then don't post a reply. Plain and simple. If you have a problem with my thread, PM the mods and ask them to close it. I don't care.

I'm done with Bluejay basketball. As soon as Kobe transfers or graduates, I won't bother.

Speaking of whom, I predict another DNP tonight.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

I wanted to discuss about possible replacements for players who are graduating and the players who may transfer. Yeah, I get that it's too early to talk about it. That's on me. However, it doesn't give them the right to be assholes. If they think my thread is ridiculous, then don't post a reply. Plain and simple. If you have a problem with my thread, PM the mods and ask them to close it. I don't care.

I'm done with Bluejay basketball. As soon as Kobe transfers or graduates, I won't bother.

Speaking of whom, I predict another DNP tonight.
                        ayy naku.. we discuss that topic here and it's okay for us but for them? how stupid those people can be.
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          ayy naku.. we discuss that topic here and it's okay for us but for them? how stupid those people can be.
                          Snobs.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

• It could've been worse. Old-timers in IBN will remember this guy named "pachador", who was a Pinoy living in California. When Japeth Aguilar transferred to WKU, pachador joined the HilltopperHaven forum and promptly made a fool of himself. And since Bowling Green isn't exactly the most cosmoplitan city in the US, HilltopperHaven regulars had a field day making fun of his English. Creighton and Omaha are miles ahead of WKU in terms of diversity, so you guys were lucky. Once considered joining the WKU forums too, but backed off after seeing what they did to a fellow Pinoy. Which is also why I'm not joining a US college sports forum unless my kid's actually playing there too.
                            Last edited by kerouac82; 02-04-2017, 11:43 AM.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                              It could've been worse. Old-timers in IBN will remember this guy named "pachador", who was a Pinoy living in California. When Japeth Aguilar transferred to WKU, pachador joined the HilltopperHaven forum and promptly made a fool out of himself. And since Bowling Green isn't exactly the most cosmoplitan city in the US, HilltopperHaven regulars had a field day making fun of his English. Creighton and Omaha are miles ahead of WKU in terms of diversity, so you guys were lucky. Once considered joining the WKU forums too, but backed off after seeing what they did to a fellow Pinoy. Which is also why I'm not joining a US college sports forum unless my kid's actually playing there too.
                              I believe it's the same for all places outside of the major metropolitan areas in America.

Wow. I didn't know that. I've been here since 2007 and glanced over that fact. I post in many different forums but I never had any problems. This was my first time joining a US collegiate forum and I did not expect the regulars to be so abrasive.

I hope it does not reflect the kind of environment Kobe has to put up with.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

I believe it's the same for all places outside of the major metropolitan areas in America.

Wow. I didn't know that. I've been here since 2007 and glanced over that fact. I post in many different forums but I never had any problems. This was my first time joining a US collegiate forum and I did not expect the regulars to be so abrasive.

I hope it does not reflect the kind of environment Kobe has to put up with.
                                Happy 10th year, pare

I guess nothing much has changed in terms of how American fans view our players over the past decade. But as long as our youth programs keep sending players their way, their perception should change, somewhat. Fingers crossed!
                                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information