Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1200

Thread: Uaap season 80

  1. #1181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Go should consider working on his jump shots and outside shots. It's fun watching a guy with his height hitting threes. That will also be his ticket to the pros should he pursue that path
    Coach Tab has encouraged all his players to work on their outside shooting, mid range and the 3 point shot. The ADMU big men in Go, Ikeh, Tolentino and Porter have been taking 3 point shots in the games if they are open. In the game against Adamson, Ikeh made 1 3-point shot attempt and he made it. Go on the other hand made 3 attempts from behind the 3 point line and converted 2 shots. The opposition center are forced to respect the outside shots of the ADMU big men and this in turn has allowed Thirdy Ravena more room to slash and attack the basket without Sarr guarding the painted area.

  2. #1182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    Coach Tab has encouraged all his players to work on their outside shooting, mid range and the 3 point shot. The ADMU big men in Go, Ikeh, Tolentino and Porter have been taking 3 point shots in the games if they are open. In the game against Adamson, Ikeh made 1 3-point shot attempt and he made it. Go on the other hand made 3 attempts from behind the 3 point line and converted 2 shots. The opposition center are forced to respect the outside shots of the ADMU big men and this in turn has allowed Thirdy Ravena more room to slash and attack the basket without Sarr guarding the painted area.
    As much as his 3 point shooting average is probably higher than the average pinoy big man, I think he needs to polish it more, so that he can fire it even when not exactly open.

  3. #1183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Not a good idea Pasaol. If you were above 6'5", it would be ok to go extra rice mode, but not at 6'2", since you will have to contend against faster and more athletic guards that have the same height more or less.

  4. #1184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,409
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Not a good idea Pasaol. If you were above 6'5", it would be ok to go extra rice mode, but not at 6'2", since you will have to contend against faster and more athletic guards that have the same height more or less.
    Agree, with that weight he'll be the next Ryan Buenafe. Nuyles is in better shape than the two yet he only gets spot minutes for TnT
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  5. #1185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Not a good idea Pasaol. If you were above 6'5", it would be ok to go extra rice mode, but not at 6'2", since you will have to contend against faster and more athletic guards that have the same height more or less.
    Sabi ni paul lee ok naman daw basta yun of the glass runner is potent lol..

    He is the evolution of two former baby stags Buenafat and Polee hehe
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  6. #1186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Exactly , i really don't consider Ateneo talented, i've asked Atenean" insiders if coaching has ever been this good, they say " Oo namam 5 peat as proof, I'm no expert but didn't they have unmatchable talent then- Greg Slaughters vs no dominating imports?
    The 2010 championship team proved that Ateneo could win even without a dominating center. Al-Hussaini and Baclao's final year was 2009 and Slaughter was still serving residency. Our frontline then was Chua, Escueta, and Erram (whose only good game that season came in Game 1 of the finals against FEU and only because Escueta was suspended). We did have good wing talents in Salva, Buenafe, Salamat, and Long, but the PG rotation was shallow as Kiefer was still in HS.
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

    Imperial Manila. Captain Obvious. Beast Mode. Dark Side. Spam. Forum-shopping. Give Chance To Others. Big School Championship Conspiracy. Panic Mode. Nothing to add.

  7. #1187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    174
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Sabi ni paul lee ok naman daw basta yun of the glass runner is potent lol..

    He is the evolution of two former baby stags Buenafat and Polee hehe
    Buenafe is the cautionary tale for Alvin Pasaol's career, I dont know if like Buenafe he balloons in the offseason but I hope no one forces a contractual diet on him like Alaska did with Buenafe. The studies have shown that weight requirement contracts can be detrimental to ones career especially if done incorrectly.
    Last edited by Sikatrix; 10-18-2017 at 11:01 AM.

  8. #1188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Today's game results. Pumaren wins, Franz beats manong Derrick and ends UE 2 game win streak. NU has sole possession of third place behind ADMU and DLSU.

    ADMU escapes with an 85-72 come from behind win in the second half against NU behind a stifling and gritty defense. NU was held to a low of 7 points in the fourth quarter and 24 total points in the second half. ADMU now at 9-0 and needs just one more victory to secure a final 4 slot. Jarin thrown out of the game in the late stages of the fourth quarter due to his second technical foul.

  9. #1189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    231
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    Today's game results. Pumaren wins, Franz beats manong Derrick and ends UE 2 game win streak. NU has sole possession of third place behind ADMU and DLSU.

    ADMU escapes with an 85-72 come from behind win in the second half against NU behind a stifling and gritty defense. NU was held to a low of 7 points in the fourth quarter and 24 total points in the second half. ADMU now at 9-0 and needs just one more victory to secure a final 4 slot. Jarin thrown out of the game in the late stages of the fourth quarter due to his second technical foul.
    tbh, i'm not satisfied with adamson's performance today. aside from our guards, it seems that no other players can hit from the perimeter. heck, i saw camacho, manganti, and hill shooting forms and their forms are awful. sakit sa mata just by being seeing it, you can tell that i won't hit or worse kapos or bitin yung tira. it seems that our players lack focus and they committed too many turnovers. harap harapan naaagawan. i can say we were lucky since ue also committed too many to's, their shots did not fall and they resorted to one-on-one plays with pasaol leading.

    if there is a criticism on franz pumaren's coaching, it is his failure to develop forwards and centers into a more flexible players. in franz's system, if you're forward you have to attack the lane. if you a center, stick inside and wait for post up shot or grab some rebound. masyadong position-oriented yung offensive strategy ni franz that it lacks flexibility.

  10. #1190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,143
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Buenafe is the cautionary tale for Alvin Pasaol's career, I dont know if like Buenafe he balloons in the offseason but I hope no one forces a contractual diet on him like Alaska did with Buenafe. The studies have shown that weight requirement contracts can be detrimental to ones career especially if done incorrectly.
    In fairness to him the team lacks bigs. They dont even have an import. He is forced to play PF because of this. I hope UE adds bigs so Pasaol can slide to SF.

  11. #1191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    Today's game results. Pumaren wins, Franz beats manong Derrick and ends UE 2 game win streak. NU has sole possession of third place behind ADMU and DLSU.

    ADMU escapes with an 85-72 come from behind win in the second half against NU behind a stifling and gritty defense. NU was held to a low of 7 points in the fourth quarter and 24 total points in the second half. ADMU now at 9-0 and needs just one more victory to secure a final 4 slot. Jarin thrown out of the game in the late stages of the fourth quarter due to his second technical foul.
    Almost all of the former Blue Eaglets are starting to contribute significantly. This is probably one of the best batches of Blue Eaglets in years, as most of them are able to adjust to the college game at this point.

  12. #1192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Almost all of the former Blue Eaglets are starting to contribute significantly. This is probably one of the best batches of Blue Eaglets in years, as most of them are able to adjust to the college game at this point.
    And we wonder why AHS only won 1 UAAP juniors championship since Jamike Jarin stepped down as coach. Coach Joe Silva was simply out coached by Mike Oliver and Jeff Napa. . To Silva's credit, he did not have a "gurang" player in his line-up. All the home grown players were once member of the Batang Gilas U-13, U-16 and U-18 program.

  13. #1193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    And we wonder why AHS only won 1 UAAP juniors championship since Jamike Jarin stepped down as coach. Coach Joe Silva was simply out coached by Mike Oliver and Jeff Napa. . To Silva's credit, he did not have a "gurang" player in his line-up. All the home grown players were once member of the Batang Gilas U-13, U-16 and U-18 program.
    ^Isn't the fact that the Blue Eaglets lacked a legit center (Big-at-the-time Mike was their center) also a contributing factor to just 1 championship?

  14. #1194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
    Posts
    725

    Default

    AHS had some serviceable big men like Hassan who is now playing for a CESAFI school in Cebu, the son of Bobby Jose who is with UST team B, Berjay and Zach Salazar. They are all 6' 5" or over. Hassan started but Big Mike finished the games as the center. A little trivia, the presence of so many wing players coming out of AGS at the same time made it easy for the GDL family to leave one end of Katipunan for the guaranteed playing time and scholarships at Diliman for all 4 brothers.

  15. #1195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    AHS had some serviceable big men like Hassan who is now playing for a CESAFI school in Cebu, the son of Bobby Jose who is with UST team B, Berjay and Zach Salazar. They are all 6' 5" or over. Hassan started but Big Mike finished the games as the center. A little trivia, the presence of so many wing players coming out of AGS at the same time made it easy for the GDL family to leave one end of Katipunan for the guaranteed playing time and scholarships at Diliman for all 4 brothers.
    And that's fine. UP at least now has some good talent, though I'm worried if the coaching staff will be able to develop them properly.

  16. #1196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    174
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Watching this high money 3 point contest. Please anyone explain how the UAAP is an amateur league?

  17. #1197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,409
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    If Tab can turn this team of average and above-average players into a UAAP title contender, imagine what he can do with Gilas on a long term basis.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  18. #1198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    To be fair, while Ateneo's talent is not as good as the other current F4 contenders (except maybe UP), the lineup still has players that possess the skills Tab needs to make his system work. For example, the team has a oddly large number of players who have a decent three-point shot, as well as players who have high basketball IQ.

  19. #1199
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    To be fair, while Ateneo's talent is not as good as the other current F4 contenders (except maybe UP), the lineup still has players that possess the skills Tab needs to make his system work. For example, the team has a oddly large number of players who have a decent three-point shot, as well as players who have high basketball IQ.
    Of course for UAAP standards given Ateneo is one of the most desired schools to go to Ateneo has "decent' talent, but i really don't view them as originally "elite level raw material talent. Yes most of them are highly ranked high school players, but that's really more a reflection of players who beneifited from a well runned high school programmes than exceptional talent.

    The overall good 3 point shooting again is more a reflection of the programmes the players are involved in including their current one in maximizing shooting skills, i don't consider these players as inate natural shooters. Their high basketball IQ again is a reflection that they've been thaught to play the right way than inate natural instincts.

    How far these players will go professionally will show how true this statment is, Ikeh won't land a contract like Mbala will after college and to me it's only Thridy that is envisioned to be a starter in the PBA, all the others will be nice smart role players
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  20. #1200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,409
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    A good game from the GDL brothers was not enough to stop Pasaol and the Red Warriors. Ouattara, Manzo, and Desiderio all had bad games.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •