No announcement yet.

Philippines Introduction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association is a community-based amateur commercial league in Southern Philippines. League operations formally began with the opening of the ML Kwarta Padala First Conference on February 25, 2006 at the MSU-IIT Gym in Iligan City. M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu City won the historic first MVBA championship. M. Lhuillier further asserted its dominance by winning the 2006 Second Conference.

The league is now on its second season of bringing top quality basketball to its fans.
    Official MVBA Discussion Board
    (registration required)

Official MVBA Friendster Account

Comment

hi there,

my name is may and i am a contributor to asia-basket.com philippine page. im going to interview pbl commissioner chino trinidad soon. if you have questions and suggestions, email them to me before next week. thanks.

may

Comment

Sickcurtain_16 here. Rogie is my name.

ive been with this forum for a long time, but most of the time just reading the posts here.

I've been playing basketball since elementary days. I've been in so many sports before (tennis, pingpong, volleyball, athletics, etc) but basketball is my first love.

I can play PG upto C depending on my teammates. im just 5'10 so when i play small guys, im under the basket, but when im with the bigger guys, ill be on the outside. I still prefer to play from the outside and somteimes attacking the basket or dishing out to my teammates around.
        Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

hey people! i'v found this site through www.mannypacquiao.ph and i find this way peaceful and more serious...

am from Cebu Philippines and work as a CPA.. i'm not really good at basketball but i watch it a lot.. however, i never encountered pips who can give me some challenge in playing NBA Live'07.... i always beat them via 20 pt margin! hehehe

P.S.

am no handsome but girls just love me, i don't know why...
          Last edited by apiSigbinz; 06-16-2007, 06:05 AM.
          Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

rp's believe it or not?

Wag Na Mag English!! Scouts Invades Interbasket!!
            IT'S NOT END OF THE WORLD, IN FACT IT JUST STARTED! THE RISE OF PHILIPPINE BASKETBAL!!!

Comment

Name: Seven (taken from seinfield)
              Birthplace: Jose Panganiban Camarines Norte (Philippines)

i used to be a former highscholl varsity volleyball player in the phils..
              when we move house...and no one to play vball...i switch to bball...

i live in sydney australia now...but before then i used to live in perth western australia...
              there i played with some of the roughest player in town...
              like phantom i live by the rule of no blood no foul...WHY??
              coz you wont improve your game if every time D touch you you call it foul...

as a result...im literally a walking wounded...
              had too many ankle problem i can crack it now like i crack my knuckles...(it makes an ugly noise too)
              suffered a broken jaw twice...(coz i tried so hard to block the league leading scorer...i succeeded but with a price)

dislocated my right shoulder once...(no big deal)
              hyper extended my elbow...(hurts so bad)

all in all my appetite for the game is what kills me too...as an obvious result...
              anyway im an SG...slashing is the name of the game...i love to dismantle defense and i have a decent jump too...(well at least i used to)
              if im not slashing im throwing 3s..its weird that im good at 3s but mid range sucks!!!

i stop playing coz i move to sydney..(which is meant to be the centre of australian basketball) just got too busy chasing girls and working...

and now...i recently got back into the game after some guy at perth (i usually fly home to play in perth) said that i dont have it anymore and that i never had it...
              so...it became personal goal to get back into shape..and kill this biatches...so far im on track...i even develop a mid range to be proud of...

one good result is i get double team when i get the ball inside the 3 lines...
              (maybe coz they know they can steal it off me easily??) hehehe
              Last edited by VII; 06-11-2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Balldawg here

Chris Juliano: Die hard Philippine basketball fanatic. enough said. BASKETBALL ALL THE WAY!

Comment

Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
                  Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
                  And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca
                    Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
                    Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
                    And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.
                    what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

hi to my kababayan!!!

Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against our motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!
                      Last edited by aquinomartin; 06-19-2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aquinomartin
                        Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against my motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!
                        ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...
                        Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Hi,

Demonyito here.. demonyo for short

Plays streetball, race cars(plastic toys ) and kayaking

likes physcal education, music and arts as the easiest subject in primary school

Originally posted by apiSigbinz
                          its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...
                          spot on buddy not only for filipinos, vice versa.. for all the nationalities of the world.

PEACE
                          Last edited by demonyito; 06-16-2007, 06:00 AM.
                          Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

Name: Tigas
                            Hobbies: Basketball, Aikido, Mountain Climbing, Golf
                            Birthday: September 10
                            About me: An avid fan of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I play basketball during my free time. I also study aikido for six months now, only white belt(nothing to brag about), Im not good enough though. Hehe. My idols are in the National Team, especially JayJay Helterbrand.

Peace up A town

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                              what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla
                              Bulacao Pardo one ride to downtown area.

Comment

Originally posted by apiSigbinz
                                ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...

yes, there is an exclusive Filipino forum for basketball. Check out: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums and look for the In The Zone community

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information