Philippines Introduction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crush Pawikan View Post
    Hello! Long-time lurker and first-time poster here. "See" you around.
    Welcome! Now we have a Crush on IBN.

Hope you're not a fair-weather fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
      Welcome! Now we have a Crush on IBN.

Hope you're not a fair-weather fan.

Thank you, Sir.
      LOL at fair-weather fan.
      I consider myself an all-weather fan, if there is one.

Kung para sa bagong kakampi nga eh nakikipagsuntukan ako. Dito pa kaya? - Pingris
      Trans: Gilas all the way!

Comment

• Hi, new sign up here, been an avid basketball fan and a sports fan in general since 80's, always have the a weekly issue of SPORTS MAGAZINE, SPORTS FLASH and other contemporaries until their demise in the digital era, i've been a lurker here for 5 years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
          Hi, new sign up here, been an avid basketball fan and a sports fan in general since 80's, always have the a weekly issue of SPORTS MAGAZINE, SPORTS FLASH and other contemporaries until their demise in the digital era, i've been a lurker here for 5 years now.
          Welcome.. welcome.. welcome..

Now that you mentioned SPORTS MAGAZINE, it brings back a lot of fond memories.
          While most kids are reading Combatron in Funny Comics, I was busy reading new and old issues of the SPORTS MAGAZINE cover to cove.
          Then i would engage my gramps/ dad/ uncle in hour long discussions who is the better slasher? Skywalker vs Mr Excitement vs the young Aerial Voyager? why did Ferdinand Ravena won the ROY over Vergel? was there a better shooter than Allan? who would be the MVP among the A's Abarrientos, Agustin or Asaytono? if El presidente was younger by 10 years will he be good enough for the NBA? what if Ricardo Brown played longer? why do we limit the height of imports, one is 6'3" and the other 6'5" I think?
          cool PBA monickers? from the Fortune Cookie to the Tapal King, El Presidente, Hector the Director, the Captain, Tower of Power, Skywalker, Triggerman, the Destroyer, Flying A,... to Captain Marbel, etc. etc.
          "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

Hi, new sign up here, been an avid basketball fan and a sports fan in general since 80's, always have the a weekly issue of SPORTS MAGAZINE, SPORTS FLASH and other contemporaries until their demise in the digital era, i've been a lurker here for 5 years now.
            hello welcome aboard. hope you stay active and share a lot of basketball convos
            Idol ko na po ulit si Marcio Lassiter

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
              Welcome.. welcome.. welcome..

Now that you mentioned SPORTS MAGAZINE, it brings back a lot of fond memories.
              While most kids are reading Combatron in Funny Comics, I was busy reading new and old issues of the SPORTS MAGAZINE cover to cove.
              Then i would engage my gramps/ dad/ uncle in hour long discussions who is the better slasher? Skywalker vs Mr Excitement vs the young Aerial Voyager? why did Ferdinand Ravena won the ROY over Vergel? was there a better shooter than Allan? who would be the MVP among the A's Abarrientos, Agustin or Asaytono? if El presidente was younger by 10 years will he be good enough for the NBA? what if Ricardo Brown played longer? why do we limit the height of imports, one is 6'3" and the other 6'5" I think?
              cool PBA monickers? from the Fortune Cookie to the Tapal King, El Presidente, Hector the Director, the Captain, Tower of Power, Skywalker, Triggerman, the Destroyer, Flying A,... to Captain Marbel, etc. etc.
              thanks for the welcome, i was so addicted to the PBA then that everytime there was a photo of a player of my favorite team accompanying the game news i would cut it and paste in my high school notebook ha ha, sportscasters of those generation are really good at giving monickers, like cantada,pengson,picson,henson. all you mentioned i am very well aware of as long as my memory doesnt fail me he he. i hope my magazine collections of those years are still in tact in my relative's house. gotta get those when i have time

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerial Voyager View Post
                hello welcome aboard. hope you stay active and share a lot of basketball convos
                thanks!

Comment

thanks for the welcome, i was so addicted to the PBA then that everytime there was a photo of a player of my favorite team accompanying the game news i would cut it and paste in my high school notebook ha ha, sportscasters of those generation are really good at giving monickers, like cantada,pengson,picson,henson. all you mentioned i am very well aware of as long as my memory doesnt fail me he he. i hope my magazine collections of those years are still in tact in my relative's house. gotta get those when i have time
                  The best ones if I remember correctly are..
                  Bicol Express
                  Chairman of the Boards
                  The Silencer
                  "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
                    The best ones if I remember correctly are..
                    Bicol Express
                    Chairman of the Boards
                    The Silencer
                    Vic "Rambo" Sanchez
                    Dondon "Magic Man" Ampalayo
                    Alvin "Robocop" Teng
                    Phillip "The Scholar" Cezar

Comment

• H-Hello! I am n-new here

sigpic

Comment

• can someone post the link about former pba players and where are they now? i would like to ask something on that thread. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by OweenPH View Post
                          can someone post the link about former pba players and where are they now? i would like to ask something on that thread. thanks.
                          The Philippines are slowly regaining the spotlight that once belonged to them: kings of Asian basketball. With the dynamic PBA and scouting and improvement programs, the National Team is reviving past success. Talk RP Basketball in our Philippines/PBA forum!

Welcome to IBN @OweenPH
                          Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

• Hello everyone from the Philippines. I'm Gustavo Woltmann and I'm staying here in Panama for vacation. I really love basketball in the Philippines when I was younger. My favorite team is Ginebra and I know until now they are still active and kicking the new teams out there. I read all this information on some magazine publishers. See yah all around and hope to have more friends here.

Comment

• I used to have an account here but I forgot my login details. Been following this forum for quite a while. Hope we can collaborate on basketball-related projects.
                              Help and support my video game mods:

Comment

• Are you the same guy who did the Gilas Pilipinas LP of FIBA 2K14 on YT?
                                Originally posted by gideon
                                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information