looking forward with the new season.
    gilas cadets suiting up to different pba teams
    james yap will don different jersey after 13 years
    paul lee in Star jersey
    new era for ROS franchise
    yeng guiao coaching NLEX
    New coach for TNT in Nash Racela

new commish? we'll see
    Its laughable that next season will start exactly a month from today lol.

No solid break for our players. Sawa effect in full swing.

Comment

I'm interested in Pheonix with Vanguardia at helm.

I don't like to watch Star honestly (though I'm a fan ever since) because of too many talents at guard spot and I don't like the coach.

Excited to see Wright play in our local league. A competition to Lassiter, I'm hoping.

Comment

OT: Nice to see Arinze Onuaku make the Magic roster.

Comment

So Blatche couldn't get into an NBA roster?
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            So Blatche couldn't get into an NBA roster?
            still has existing contract with xinjiang flying tigers. after the cba season he can play in the nba again..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              still has existing contract with xinjiang flying tigers. after the cba season he can play in the nba again..
              Question is whether he wants to. Talent was never a question, it was about work ethic..specifically, he couldn't cope with the grueling grind of a full 82-game NBA season.

Comment

The PBA should revert to the old way of calling fouls: No blood, no foul. Lol

Seriously, in an effort to fasten up the pace, the PBA lost its bruisers' league character even the imports were once wary of. They should just keep calling the hand check fouls (to familiarize Gilas' would be players, and eliminate the habit at once) and everything else call it like they used to.
                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Mahindra dumping Canaleta and Ramos only shows how cash-strapped they really are.

I find it weird because shouldn't their owner be super rich? He's your typical Businessman/Politician aka TRAPO.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                    Mahindra dumping Canaleta and Ramos only shows how cash-strapped they really are.

I find it weird because shouldn't their owner be super rich? He's your typical Businessman/Politician aka TRAPO.
                    More than anything, it also shows their inexperience in the PBA world. Their inability to sign Canaleta with the max salary doesn't mean automatically giving him up. He could have been peddled to other teams for a potential trade move. Considering that at least two teams were interested in his services (Global and Alaska), they would have gotten a couple of veteran players with lower salaries or future draft picks. As it stands, they weren't compensated at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                      More than anything, it also shows their inexperience in the PBA world. Their inability to sign Canaleta with the max salary doesn't mean automatically giving him up. He could have been peddled to other teams for a potential trade move. Considering that at least two teams were interested in his services (Global and Alaska), they would have gotten a couple of veteran players with lower salaries or future draft picks. As it stands, they weren't compensated at all...
                      They were up until their contract expired, the other teams knew it thats why they never give anything to mahindra..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        They were up until their contract expired, the other teams knew it thats why they never give anything to mahindra..
                        I'm sure you're right. But it doesn't take anything away from the amateurish approach they took. Canaleta was already receiving the max back then (partly subsidized of course by his previous team) and Mahindra knew he would ask for the same price in his renewal, so it wasn't like they didn't know. They could have at least explored this prior to the end of the conference. Even if it would mean the trade value won't be equivalent (say 2 second round picks), at least, they got compensated for the loss.

Comment

An underrated team this coming season is global port.

They loaded up well this off-season:

Quinahan, Pessumal, Guevarra,Cortez and Canaleta.

They have upgraded their frontcourt and added solid role players. Cortez will be a good mix for both Pringle and Romeo, while Quinahan now gives them an efficient frontline player. While canaleta gives them legth plus shooting.

The biggest question mark I can see is how Franz will juggle both Global Port and Adamson, especially if Adamson goes deep in the final 4.

Comment

Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                            An underrated team this coming season is global port.

They loaded up well this off-season:

Quinahan, Pessumal, Guevarra,Cortez and Canaleta.

They have upgraded their frontcourt and added solid role players. Cortez will be a good mix for both Pringle and Romeo, while Quinahan now gives them an efficient frontline player. While canaleta gives them legth plus shooting.

The biggest question mark I can see is how Franz will juggle both Global Port and Adamson, especially if Adamson goes deep in the final 4.
                            It would only take a few weeks at the most if ever. The PBA starts on November 20, and by then, the Final Four would have started already. Franz should be fully ready by first week of December, or when Global Port has already played around 3-4 games.

Comment

With a short conference, 2 weeks is a lot. Preparation is also key, as this offseason most likely the struggle is there to get practice time.

Do realize, his top assistant(Cholo Villanueva) is also busy with the lady archers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information