13th FIBA-Americas Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebron23
    Kobe was the perfect addition to the team. People will start to realize that Kobe can be a sick playmaker when he has good players to pass to. Kobe is playing like he used to when the Lakers were winning their championships. This tournament will be a good way to build up the chemistry between these guys, so next year in the Olympics, they will be a tight squad. USA will be taking the gold in '08.
    USA never lost games because they would lack an "individual quality" advantage over the rest of the teams, they were always supreme regarding that by a biiig margin compared to anything any international team could put on court. So I can't exactly see how adding one more great one-on-one player as Kobe can change their game that drasticaly, that they would suddenly win gold, while there was tons of very obvious exclusively bad parts of the game, which noone in the US press wants to hear about and even worse, I doubt that a vast majority of those "ESPN writers" are actually aware of what is going on on court.
    Same old story, same old problems that can't be solved solely by adding Kobe and preferably as many superstars as possible.
    US is still the no.1 candidate to take gold in 08', but sadly that's only because of their individual supremacy compared to the rest, but they certanly are no sure thing.

Venezuela isn't exactly a team that would base their game on fundamentals of bball (as majority of int. teams tend to nowadays) and I don't think playing them is anything comparable to top european teams or Brasil/Argentina, afterall they've lost by 20 vs. a mixture between slovenian B and C squad about 2 weeks earlier.
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 08-23-2007, 02:50 PM.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by penzias
      Thank you!! I was wondering what was going on...
      "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

I like Brazil alot. Its only team able to beat USA in Americas championship. They have best front court in this tournament together with USA. Guards need some discipline but it just first game. They let Canada to come back. Dalambert was great for Canada.
        UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

HI guys.

I hear that Argentina will have to do without Scola, Delfino and other big profiles. I see they are on the rooster, but this is what I hear.

Is this true or not?

Comment

Originally posted by asdzas
            Marcelinho Machado is a selfish player, nobody likes him here in Brazil, he has talent but he doesn't know how to use it for him and for the team.
            strange, because he impressed many Liths then he played in Zalgiris last season. The injury at the start of the season affect all his season, but he was quite good in defence, and in offence, if he didn't scored, he saw the court very fine and assisted very well.
            he came in Lithuania with the 'scorer' alias, but he didn't managed it clearly.
            but we loved him because of his character and nice play.
            when we signed marcus brown, M.M. must leave team. we can not afford to keep these similar tipe (sg) players.

Comment

Originally posted by Princelight
              HI guys.

I hear that Argentina will have to do without Scola, Delfino and other big profiles. I see they are on the rooster, but this is what I hear.

Is this true or not?

there is ARG rooster:
              5 Prigioni, Pablo
              4 Scola, Luis
              6 Gonzalez, Roman
              14 Sandes, Carlos Matias
              9 Porta, Antonio
              7 LO Grippo, Diego
              10 Delfino, Carlos
              13 Quinteros, Paolo
              11 Leiva, Martin Dario
              12 Gutierrez, Leonardo
              15 Kammerichs, Guillermo Federic
              8 Gutierrez, Juan

both, scola and delfino is playing against Uruguay now.

prigioni scola delfino and kammerichs is just 4 players which is known in Europe, least for me.

Comment

FIBA: USA vs. Venezuela Highlights

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

" Beautiful passing and getting all the players involve that is the concept of team Basketball"

FIBA Americas Top 10: Wednesday, Aug. 22
                Last edited by Lebron23; 08-23-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

USA leading Virgin Islands 42-13 after the first quarter.

8/10 on three-pointers
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by AiwiTo
                    prigioni scola delfino and kammerichs is just 4 players which is known in Europe, least for me.
                    Prigioni, Kammerichs and Juan Gutiérrez play ACB. Porta played Lega and is now in Russia (signed in St. Petersburg). Quinteros, Lo Grippo, Sandes and Leiva play LEB. Román González and Leo Gutiérrez play in Argentina.

Nice game today against Uruguay, looking particularly solid in defense. The offense was fine, mainly because Prigioni and the others filled in for Delfino's bad shooting day.

Comment

Puerto Rico beat Panama by 41 point today, 108 to 67
                      Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                      16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                      Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                      8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                        Puerto Rico beat Panama by 41 point today, 108 to 67
                        I was going to watch that game later tonight...but ESPNs stupid 'Bottom Line' displayed the score...oh well looks like I missed a blowout.

Comment

USA wins 123-59.

It might have been better if we started off by playing the better teams...they might be overconfident after the these two easy games and have trouble with Canada and Brazil as a result.
                          Originally posted by Fedfan
                          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                          Originally posted by GuTO
                          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

USA is playing really nice. I think that this same team in the Olympics could get bronze or silver. In WC maybe bronze. Stoudemire and Howard are good for inside presence but no outside game, on offense or defense. This is how Europe has beaten the american super natural athleticism ( and will continue to do so).

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                              USA wins 123-59.

It might have been better if we started off by playing the better teams...they might be overconfident after the these two easy games and have trouble with Canada and Brazil as a result.
                              Canada will be a blowout in my humble opinion.

Comment

Does anyone know if the other Argentine stars who are not playing are quiting the team, or if they just opted out of this tournament?

I assume Ginobilli, Noccioni, Herrmann, etc. will want to play in the Olympics...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information