July 14, China 59-46 Mali
    Eight-Final Round
    July 16, China 57-106 France
    July 17, China 66-85 Lithuania
    July 18, China 77-89 Brazil
    9-12 Place
    July 20, China 90-94 Canada
    July 21, China 75-91 South Korea
    Last edited by Kings; 07-22-2007, 12:37 AM.

Originally posted by Kings
    Coaching Staff
    Head Coach: Li Chunjiang(Guangdong)
    Assistant Coach: Ma Lianbao(Bayi)
    Assistant Coach: Yang Wenhai(Shandong)
    Team Physician: Zhou Mibin(Sichuan)

Player
    Zhang Jiadi(Liaoning)
    Liu Yahui(Jiangsu)
    Su Wei(Guangdong)
    Wang Zheng(Guangdong)
    Ba Zhichao(Guangdong)
    Li Jingyu(Shandong) 198 cm 1991
    Wu Ke(Shandong)
    Tian Yuchen(Shanghai)
    Ao Ke(Shanghai)
    Xu Yong(Shanghai)
    Zheng Zhun(Shanxi) 214 cm 1989, 1992
    Zhang Zhuojun(Zhejiang)
    Chen Yongming(Fujian)
    Yang Qin(Bayi)
    Xu Xu(Bayi)
    He Zhongmian(GongGuan)
    Hu Yang(DongGuan)

Preliminary Round
    Jul 12, China vs. Serbia
    Jul 13, China vs. USA
    Jul 14, China vs. Mali
    I have a slightly different list of players on the Under-18 team, provided by Robert Wang, an agent in China. Here is that list, along with the heights and birth dates of the players for whom I have these statistics. I have added statistics for the players on your list who do not appear on my list.

I also have listed the team that won the Asian U-18 championship last year. Only Su Wei and Yang Qin are on both teams. Most of the players on that team are on the National A team or B team and Xie Libin is heading up the team going to the World University games. I do not know if any of these players will be added for the competition at Novi Sad. But China would not be sending its best team if it sent the players either of us list. Of course, maybe the excluded players are actually over 19. That is indeed one possibility.

Zheng Zhun did not make the team on my list, though he was considered the most promising player at the USBA camp this year. But, while athletic and a great shooter, he only weighs 85 kg on a 7-1 frame and was most likely born in 1989, not 1992. Li Jingyu is considered an outstanding perimeter player, born in 1991. I have never before heard of Ao Ke though I have heard of a 210 cm player born in 1988 named Li Ao but he is from Henan, not Shanghai.

Players:

Zhang Jiadi Liaoning 218 cm 1988 attended USBA academy this season
    Liu Ya Hui Jiangsu 204 cm 1990 attended USBA academy this season
    Su Wei* Guangdong 212 cm 1989 Made Guangdong senior roster mid-season
    Ba Zichao Guangdong 200 cm 1989 attended USBA academy this season
    Wang Zheng Guangdong 214 cm 1990 attended Asian Nike camp last summer
    Wu Ke Shandong 208 cm 1989,1990 attended USBA academy last season
    Tian Yuchen Shanghai 206 cm 1992 attended USBA academy last season
    Xu Yong Shanghai 206 cm 1989 Made Shanghai senior team mid-season
    Zheng Huai Shanxi
    Zhang Zhuojun Zhejiang
    Chen Yongming Fujian
    Yang Fujian
    Yang Qin* Bayi 196 cm 1988,1989 attended USBA academy this season
    Xu Xu Bayi 194 cm 1989,1990 attended USBA academy this season
    He Zhongmian Guangdong New Century 198 cm 1991 attended USBA academy this season
    Hu Yang Guangdong New Century 191 cm 1990 attended Asian Adidas Camp last summer

* On Asian U-18 Roster

Below is the roster of the team that won the Asian Under-18 championship last September:

4.Ma Yansong,1.80cm,78kg,1988,Guard,Jilin
    5.Chen Jianghua,1.88cm,70kg,1988,Guard,Guangdong
    6.Xie Libin,1.90cm,85kg,1988,Guard,Beijing
    7.Yang Qin,1.96cm,90kg,1988,Guard,Bayi
    8.Han Shuo,1.98cm,74kg,1989,Guard,Jiangsu
    9.Zhang Bo,1.96cm,85kg,1989,Forward,Bayi
    10.Di Xiaowei,2.04cm,106kg,1988,Forward,Bayi
    11.Zhou Peng,2.03cm,100kg,1989,Forward,Guangdong
    12.Delehei,2.06cm,90kg,1989,Center,Bayi
    13.Li Xiaoxu,2.04cm,94kg,1990,Center,Liaoning
    14.Yang Genglin,2.07cm,103kg,1988,Center,Bayi
    15.Su Wei,2.12cm,110kg,Center,1989,Guangdong

Comment

My list from the Chinese Basketball Association official website.

Comment

My list from the Chinese Basketball Association official website.
        Would it be possible to give me the link to this page. While I cannot read Chinese I can sometimes figure things out based on things I've had translated previously. Thanks very much.

Comment

Click Here

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

lol this is so freaky where are all these 7 footers popping out from? I mean historically chinese aren't the tallest people in the world but I guess numbers do make a difference...

Comment

Originally posted by ballerwannabe
                lol this is so freaky where are all these 7 footers popping out from? I mean historically chinese aren't the tallest people in the world but I guess numbers do make a difference...
                There are 1.3 billion Chinese. Northern Chinese tend to be taller than southern Chinese. All traits are allocated according to distribution curves, so there are always deviations from the norm. With 1.3 billion people there will be many deviations. That is why I predicted over 20 years ago that China would one day produce the best basketball players in the world. Chinese have advantages over Eurasians, and are more comparable to those of Sub-Saharan heritage like African-Americans, in quickness, jumping ability and body control. China's population size enables it to overcome its disadvantage in height.

Comment

Caceres Tournament

Standings
                  1 - France U19 Team
                  2 - Spain U19 Team
                  3 - Australia U19 Team
                  4 - China U19 Team

July 6
                  China 61 - France 86
                  Australia 79 - Spain 70

July 7
                  China 73 - Australia 70
                  France 85 - Spain 70

July 8
                  China 46 - Spain 81
                  France 79 - Australia 71

Comment

Warm-up match: 3 wins - 4 loss

Comment

Originally posted by avolbert
                      There are 1.3 billion Chinese. Northern Chinese tend to be taller than southern Chinese. All traits are allocated according to distribution curves, so there are always deviations from the norm. With 1.3 billion people there will be many deviations. That is why I predicted over 20 years ago that China would one day produce the best basketball players in the world. Chinese have advantages over Eurasians, and are more comparable to those of Sub-Saharan heritage like African-Americans, in quickness, jumping ability and body control. China's population size enables it to overcome its disadvantage in height.

Holy Crap! That's a lot of people, I mean 1.3 billion! how did they get so many? Were they always that numerous? When did they actually became so many? Does anybody know? just curious
                      "You think I enjoy babysitting you?"

Comment

Originally posted by avolbert
                        I always belived by being white I was inferior to Chinese and
                        african-americans, thanks for comfirming this . Ever
                        since I saw Wang Zhi Zhi and Menke Bateer in the NBA I said
                        those guys have un-rivaled athleticism . I'm just
                        kidding but I don't read into stereotypes or claims, there are
                        athletic players of all races, colours, sizes and shapes. By
                        the way if you belive its true that Chinese are superior
                        athletes than name a player other than Yi Jian Lian and
                        Chen Jianhua that has NBA athleticism? I'm not discounting
                        the Chinese or their athletic ability but i tend to belive
                        that a country with a population the size of China
                        is gunna produce very good athletes but i fail to see their
                        superiority over other races. Also isn't Chinese an ethnicity?
                        Does this mean the Chinese are superior to other asians?

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxballer

beware, taipan and daxiong(bigpandasomething) will probably claim all it's truthfulness while holding a mao tsedong book.
                          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxballer
                            advantage =\= superior
                            and don't generalize quickness, jumping ability and body control to athleticism.

Stop your racist shit and move on to bball.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                              beware, taipan and daxiong(bigpandasomething) will probably claim all it's truthfulness while holding a mao tsedong book.
                              I believe its also true that the Chinese people became 100 x more
                              athletic the moment China became communist , I believe sir Isac
                              Newton was famous for claiming this theory before being killed
                              by the U.S government .

Btw i just want everyone to know i'm just having fun with this,
                              no disrespect is ment to anybody .

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information