No announcement yet.

Lithuanian NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell me which players are in competition for EB? I did not follow the composition of Lithuania in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      The solution is obvious. Ask President Dalia Grybauskaitė or any Lithuanian woman. The men need to spend less time drinking and watching basketball and more time screwing the women.

My man . It took me less than a minute altogether total to make them all 3 of my beautiful children .
      I will drink beer and such and watch basketball. And i hope my kids will have a happy life away from my nightmares i had . We get exam results in a day or two for A levels for my daughter , I am certain she will be first Lithuanian to get the place there .
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• after today Gailius cut.Left only 14 players. I believe last 2 will be from Kairys,Bendzius,Juskevicius and Grigonis. Juskevicius will make team only if Grigonis cant normally play.In riga it was obviuos he cant,he was thinking more not how to score,but how not to hurt his leg and was running very slowly,wasnt even trying to jump.He cant be effective playing like that,Adomaitis said they will put as much pressure as possible on him and see how Marius leg is reacting.How it looks now i would say Kairys is ahead of Bendzius in Adomaitis book.

I would also consider cutting Milaknis too ,but the truth after using him that much in friendlys Adomaitis obviuosly sees him in final roster.But my eyes hurts when i see how he guards opponenents SG...He looks like 45years old basketball veteran guarding 25 years old professional players...With Grigonis playing only with 1,5 healthy leg and i dont know who slowest from those 3 sg we have...It would be close race

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          after today Gailius cut.Left only 14 players. I believe last 2 will be from Kairys,Bendzius,Juskevicius and Grigonis. Juskevicius will make team only if Grigonis cant normally play.In riga it was obviuos he cant,he was thinking more not how to score,but how not to hurt his leg and was running very slowly,wasnt even trying to jump.He cant be effective playing like that,Adomaitis said they will put as much pressure as possible on him and see how Marius leg is reacting.How it looks now i would say Kairys is ahead of Bendzius in Adomaitis book.

I would also consider cutting Milaknis too ,but the truth after using him that much in friendlys Adomaitis obviuosly sees him in final roster.But my eyes hurts when i see how he guards opponenents SG...He looks like 45years old basketball veteran guarding 25 years old professional players...With Grigonis playing only with 1,5 healthy leg and i dont know who slowest from those 3 sg we have...It would be close race
          Basically I agree with what u said in the first sentences. Those 4 players are in question. But even crippled Grigonis played better defence than both Milaknis and Gecevicius. Also he moves the ball well in offences, even better than Gecevicius, because Gecevicius can't really push and compete physically with athletic guards. Grigonis gives length and flexibility at both end of the flour. I would take even crippled Grigonis instead of Juskevicius who is again lost in the camp.

I don't see a point taking both Bendzius and Kairys. One of them seems inevitable now, but we don't need both. Don't have any strong senses who is more useful, more like I think both are useless once real things started.

Milaknis is a lock. He had absolutely brutal defensive performance against Latvia, but the thing is he's better defender than Gecevicius and more cold blooded shooter. Gecevicius might surprise though, he is now 7 years more experienced than 2010, but Milaknis already proved in 2015 he can hit some big shots in the knock out stage.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

How it looks now i would say Kairys is ahead of Bendzius in Adomaitis book.
            I agree. Evaldas Kairys has played very decently in the few minutes he's had of court time. Moreover Kairys as a third center who might possibly put in some minutes at power forward makes more sense than Eimantas Bendžius as a fourth small forward who might possibly put in some minutes at power forward.

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
            I would also consider cutting Milaknis too ,but the truth after using him that much in friendlys Adomaitis obviuosly sees him in final roster.But my eyes hurts when i see how he guards opponenents SG...He looks like 45years old basketball veteran guarding 25 years old professional players....
            Sad but all very true.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            I would take even crippled Grigonis instead of Juskevicius who is again lost in the camp.
            While I'm not privy to what's been happening in training camp (none of us are), the player who's been most completely lost out on the floor has been Milaknis.

He had absolutely brutal defensive performance against Latvia, but the thing is he's better defender than Gecevicius....
            That's something you keep saying. That in itself does not make it true though, especially since others have just as frequently said the opposite.

...and more cold blooded shooter. Gecevicius might surprise though, he is now 7 years more experienced than 2010....
            Be nice if Milaknis were as accurate as he has been cold-blooded. (In fact I could as cold-bloodedly miss shots as anybody on the roster.) To this point of the summer though, both Martynas Gecevičius and Adas Juškevičius have been more accurate. Gecevičius has quite simply far outplayed Milaknis.

Milaknis is a lock.
            You've been saying that from the start without particular good reason but that's not the way it looks to anyone who's been watching him play. I see no reason why a player with a very limited history on the national team can show so little on the court and still make the final roster.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-21-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Heh, Hepcat and Milaknis drama continues, this summer it was even hotter than madmax and Valanciunas

Comment

• I just don't understand why some posters right from day one wanted to roll a red carpet out for Milaknis as if he were a multi-year veteran on the team or something. I thought that Milaknis needed to earn a position on the roster with his play.

Comment

I just don't understand why some posters right from day one wanted to roll a red carpet out for Milaknis as if he were a multi-year veteran on the team or something. I thought that Milaknis needed to earn a position on the roster with his play.

by now you should know very well how things roll in lithuanian basketball and on these boards - as long as you are a member of a certain basketball school playing for a certain basketball club and you are capable of hitting some wide open shots once in a blue moon, you are welcome into the NT with an open arms no matter your past so called "misbehavings" or your all around shitty game so to speak...

Comment

• I bet macijauskas seeing our SG lineup on tv thinks: even after 7 years after my retirement even today i would have chances outrun and obviuosly outshoot those 'sg snipers' we had this year in nt ) Seriuosly this is weakest Sg lineup in our nt team history i can recall.Lets bring 40years old Kaukenas and 37 years old Macijauskas to the court today i have seriuos doubts that those todays professionals Milaknis and Gecevicius would outplay those two former players even today in 2 versus 2 game ) Situation is that bad with SG.
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-21-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I bet macijauskas seeing our SG lineup on tv thinks: even after 7 years after my retirement even today i would have chances outrun and obviuosly outshoot those 'sg snipers' we had this year in nt ) Seriuosly this is weakest Sg lineup in our nt team history i can recall.Lets bring 40years old Kaukenas and 37 years old Macijauskas to the court today i have seriuos doubts that those todays professionals Milaknis and Gecevicius would outplay those two former players even today in 2 versus 2 game ) Situation is that bad with SG.
                      It's not that bad. We used to have horrid backourts in the past. Like 2009 - Mazutis, Lukauskis (both badly sucked), Delininkaitis (had only 1,5 decent games), Kalnietis (played only 3 games) or 2005 (Serapinas, Lukauskis, Gustas, Ginevicius). Knowing the fact that we will be able to use our 2 currently best (point) guards together the situation is not that horrid. Milaknis when time will come won't look the way he's looking now. He didn't have that bad of a season, 7,3pts in 20 minutes without much of involvement is a decent stuff. Gecevicius looks pretty good at the offensive glass. We will mess Seibutis a lot, but not that much if Grigonis will put things together eventually. I actually like that D-Mo and Grigonis might be absolutely different players when then the knock out stage will start. D-Mo slowly but gradually improving and Grigonis is the guy who doesn't need much time to get into the shape generally.

Iceland? Really? What a waste...
                      Last edited by Straight forward; 08-21-2017, 10:09 PM.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I just don't understand why some posters right from day one wanted to roll a red carpet out for Milaknis as if he were a multi-year veteran on the team or something. I thought that Milaknis needed to earn a position on the roster with his play.

He doesn'. Adomaitis reads IBN and picks the players by our opinions... I mean, are you even for real? We are discussing here and having our opinions by picking final12. None of players will come to audition near our houses to earn smth. Atleast few people explained to you why they picked Milaknis, I did it atleast few times. There are his strengts and weakenesses, some see his strenght to be enough to make it, some, including you don't, but only you are making some drama out of it everytime you see his name. C'mon man

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        by now you should know very well how things roll in lithuanian basketball and on these boards - as long as you are a member of a certain basketball school playing for a certain basketball club and you are capable of hitting some wide open shots once in a blue moon, you are welcome into the NT with an open arms no matter your past so called "misbehavings" or your all around shitty game so to speak...
                        LOL. Do you know that guy who wrote this and started it all is Neptunas fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          There are his strengts and weakenesses, some see his strenght to be enough to make it, some, including you don't....
                          Actually, which other posters thought that Milaknis came into camp as one of the bubble players fighting for the tenth to twelfth positions on the roster?

I thought Milaknis should have been coming into camp in a group with Gecevičius, Juškevičius, Girdžiūnas and Giedraitis with only two of the five likely to survive the final cut. And on the basis of their performance to this point, it's Gecevičius who has clearly played his way onto the team while Milaknis has done the most to play his way off the roster.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          ...but only you are making some drama out of it everytime you see his name.
                          Not every time. Only when I see words such as "lock" attached to his name. Then my reaction has been "What? Why?" The answer to my own question at this very moment may be that Marius Grigonis can't play due to his ankle injury and therefore all five of the other remaining guards in camp make the team.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          LOL. Do you know that guy who wrote this and started it all is Neptunas fan?
                          So then are the opinions of Neptūnas' fans automatically wrong?

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-22-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Its not posters its Adomaitis. He puts him in starting lineup everyday, so he sees him in final roster. Just get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                              Bullshit. I dont know any posters here who would push rytas or zalgiris players to the final roster. Everyone here have their own opinions , but overall they are NT fans first.

Comment

• Juškevičius out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information