Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Lithuanian NT 2017

Not playing (or possibly) good in NBA doesn't mean anything. Our best guards Saras and Macijauskas couldn't do it. Or Spanoulis. But some Vujacic who was i believe a worse player could. Maybe instead of better i should have said "more unique" because of being bigs with great shot and offensive versality.

How Gudaitis performed againts lietkabelis and 37 years old veterans was not funny at all. I dont want see in nt team, he is not ready.You cant be outplayed with players that basically cant run normally anymore for long periods of times.No brain, no heart just big body that tries outpush smaller players inside.Any a bit smarter euroleague level big would outsmart and outplay him easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    How Gudaitis performed againts lietkabelis and 37 years old veterans was not funny at all. I dont want see in nt team, he is not ready.You cant be outplayed with players that basically cant run normally anymore for long periods of times.No brain, no heart just big body that tries outpush smaller players inside.Any a bit smarter euroleague level big would outsmart and outplay him easily.
    Have to agree with that. He had to dominate. Very inconsistent, at some stretches he's great, but overall very questionable player.

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Have to agree with that. He had to dominate. Very inconsistent, at some stretches he's great, but overall very questionable player.
    judging player by one series?

by that Logic jv should never play for NT again.

Gudaitis have similiarities with Valanciunas game, both have bad iq, cant shoot, and try to outmucle people, both are bad defenders.But Valanciunas is still 5 times better player overall and way more tallented and if he struggles sometimes with limited arsenal in fiba game,so i dont wanna imagine how gudaitis would strugle without any experiences in such championships.As i said Gudaitis cant give us nothing new that our main pf-c cant give us already.We badly missing bigs that can shoot ale young brothers.Better take Orelikas or Ulavonas mobility as 12th player we have enough of those raw bigs.

Valanciunas,Sabonis,Jankunas, Kavaliauskas ( if motiejunas again says no)

When you play that bad in most important serries of all season , playing againts old and slow veterans i have questions about his attititude, heart and winning mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Gudaitis have similiarities with Valanciunas game, both have bad iq, cant shoot, and try to outmucle people, both are bad defenders.But Valanciunas is still 5 times better player overall and way more tallented and if he struggles sometimes with limited arsenal in fiba game,so i dont wanna imagine how gudaitis would strugle without any experiences in such championships.As i said Gudaitis cant give us nothing new that our main pf-c cant give us already.We badly missing bigs that can shoot ale young brothers.Better take Orelikas or Ulavonas mobility as 12th player we have enough of those raw bigs.

Valanciunas,Sabonis,Jankunas, Kavaliauskas ( if motiejunas again says no)

When you play that bad in most important serries of all season , playing againts old and slow veterans i have questions about his attititude, heart and winning mentality.
    I have no doubt he would have beasted against rytas had he played for lietkabelis. Dude is fine. Playing With streetballers like Fisher and the other guy is not helping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    judging player by one series?
    No. I know him since his last NKL season when he played for Zalgiris 2. The problem is that he is a bit inconsistent at PRO level not only because he lacks skills and depends on PGs too much, but also because his motor is inconsistent, sometimes he's dominating, sometimes satisfies with what situation brings. His stamina is always a question to me. He plays hard, yes, but always sucking the oxygen even when the game is not that intense. The main problem I see, he kinda swinging from being a power player to finess player. In other words, he doesn't provide toughness on the regular basis. He is not finished product, he's not matured yet as a PRO. But he had to dominate Liekabielis with any PG, to push all these average or washed out bigs out of the paint, to pick offensive rebounds, draw fouls, to mess a round like young beast. If he had done this, I would know his ambitions are high. Now we are forced to looks for some excuses...Saying this, I wouldn't be surprised he would look well in the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    No. I know him since his last NKL season when he played for Zalgiris 2. The problem is that he is a bit inconsistent at PRO level not only because he lacks skills and depends on PGs too much, but also because his motor is inconsistent, sometimes he's dominating, sometimes satisfies with what situation brings. His stamina is always a question to me. He plays hard, yes, but always sucking the oxygen even when the game is not that intense. The main problem I see, he kinda swinging from being a power player to finess player. In other words, he doesn't provide toughness on the regular basis. He is not finished product, he's not matured yet as a PRO. But he had to dominate Liekabielis with any PG, to push all these average or washed out bigs out of the paint, to pick offensive rebounds, draw fouls, to mess a round like young beast. If he had done this, I would know his ambitions are high. Now we are forced to looks for some excuses...Saying this, I wouldn't be surprised he would look well in the camp.
    The true is that old, but experienced and offensively skilled Brothers are better players than Gudaitis, at least mentally. He's strong, but too limited and has bad stamina, as you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    I have no doubt he would have beasted against rytas had he played for lietkabelis. Dude is fine. Playing With streetballers like Fisher and the other guy is not helping him.
    Actually , it is a very good point .
    We always moan of how Valanciunas is being underused and so on because Derosan and Lowry are that selfish and care more about themselves more than a team in overall .
    So yeah , Gudaitis depends on a good pass or opportunity . Plus , lets not forget , he was injured a lot in the last 2 seasons .
    And we are comparing him to brothers , who are no strangers of being streetballers themselves in their on accord . On a good day on court ,all brothers needed was a ball in their hands an then they would shoot and score . Gudaitis is not that type of the player .
    Creating opportunity is not is game or strength . His game is finishing .
    All in all , i do not think we have that kind of players in our team anymore,who can provide , hence his game would suffer and not really suited nowadays for our style .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Question

Now I know that Renaldas Seibutis is one of those players who always steps up his game for Team Lietuva every summer, but his numbers this past season with Žalgiris were at very best forgettable. Should he still be a lock for the team this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Now I know that Renaldas Seibutis is one of those players who always steps up his game for Team Lietuva every summer, but his numbers this past season with Žalgiris were at very best forgettable. Should he still be a lock for the team this summer?
    He should. FOA, his defence hasn't regressed an inch. Second, he is not a focal point of Zalgiris offence and that's normal he doesn't score much. Third, he is experienced and gets the job done. I liked how he stepped up against Rytas in Siemens arena, he showed good offensive effort here and there. Not that he had a good season, he struggled offensively, but at the same time he had defensive role in Zalgiris this season.

And last but not least, we don't have much of better SGs what so ever

Seibutis declined alot,but he is 32 years old and for guards its already veteran.He always was one of my favorites nt players of this generation, because how hard be played and was leaving everything he had .I agree he still can help for 12-15minutes coming of the bench.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415