Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Lithuanian NT 2017

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If they do that here the way this field is shaping up I think we're talking silver or gold. I an not that familiar with the coach though I must say so I don't know what factor that will play.
    Not even Spain can be that confident , and they are total favourites .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Not even Spain can be that confident , and they are total favourites .
    Yes they can and they are. I mean they won 3 of 4 recent Eurobaskets. And that one they couldn't grab was a last seconds thing with the champs in the semis. They are there for gold, nothing less

As for Lithuania, our chances increases notably. Other than Spain, it's France, Lithuania, Croatia as the main contenders now.

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yes they can and they are. I mean they won 3 of 4 recent Eurobaskets. And that one they couldn't grab was a last seconds thing with the champs in the semis. They are there for gold, nothing less

As for Lithuania, our chances increase notably. Other than Spain, it's France, Lithuania, Croatia as the main contenders now.
    They did , indeed . And yet , they are Spaniards . I have met enough of them in my everyday life , so one thing i can tell you is that they unpredictable . But if they rub enough ,abroad , suddenly they are unbeatable . And by that i mean they get this different mentality .
    As for other teams , we still lag way behind Serbia ,Greece and Latvia ,apparently ,as for the contenders .Georgia , as well .

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    Also with our expectations being so big these days because when looking in comparison to what we have achieved and teams we had before for some its hard to accept that we are in crisis and everything is straight away blown outta proportion with bad results this is why we are afraid of risking and trying out younger players and inviting them to NT camps exploring and looking at the bigger picture because we cant look weak..We just cant even for a little while sacrifice for them. And having such mediocre coaches like Adomaitis right now certainly does
    not help improving on that.
    Crisis!!!!!! What crisis? Team Lietuva fails to make the semifinals of a tournament for the first time in four years and then loses a few meaningless friendlies and you use words like crisis? In case you haven't noticed, Spain's standard practice is losing in the friendlies.

And having such mediocre coaches like Adomaitis right now certainly does not help improving on that.
    What?!!! How the bloody hell do you know that the coach is mediocre when the tournament hasn't even started yet? You sound like those Serbian posters last summer who were frothing at the mouth to fire their coach because he was playing so-and-so and refused to wait for so-and-so and then this same coach had his team very ready for the games that really counted. Don't you think you might give Adomaitis a chance to take the test before assigning him a grade?

Last edited by Hepcat; Yesterday at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I would not play Kuzminskas or Valanciunas in any other friendlies and not give those evil Nba franchises any excuse to but in.
    I agree on both counts. We know what those two can do. Now we need to see what some of the fellows on the bubble can do on the court. And those evil doers running the NBA can under no circumstances be allowed an opening or they'll try to monopolize basketball worldwide.

One thing for sure that you did not do a good job at is doing them QUOTE marks .
    The rest - i agree .
    We do not know how good he is at this level as a coach . But as a player , he was way above - lets see - Kazlauskas was good , yet limited with no international experience . Kemzura was decent at LKL and Butautas only got by being Butautas . In his case ,absolute shite player .
    Well , Kurtis and Jaska have been better players indeed , but not available for the job at the time . Or not wanted .
    So i hope that this decision was made after some deliberation where some smart men take time to discuss things and make them right .

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    One thing for sure that you did not do a good job at is doing them QUOTE marks .
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Crisis!!!!!! What crisis? Team Lietuva fails to make the semifinals of a tournament for the first time in four years and then loses a few meaningless friendlies and you use words like crisis? In case you haven't noticed, Spain's standard practice is losing in the friendlies.

What?!!! How the bloody hell do you know that the coach is mediocre when the tournament hasn't even started yet? You sound like those Serbian posters last summer who were frothing at the mouth to fire their coach because he was playing so-and-so and refused to wait for so-and-so and then this same coach had his team very ready for the games that really counted. Don't you think you might give Adomaitis a chance to take the test before assigning him a grade?

-What i meant was crisis as in terms of producing real talent on paper we are without a doubt behind other first and some second tier teams, like usagre just said lately we are overachievers. Our main weapon right now is passion for the game fighting spirit and team play, everyone on that Lithuanian squad knows how important these tournaments are for this country this's what really seperates us from most teams in the competition where basketball is not even second sport in that country except ex yougoslavian teams.

-Once again this's all new for Adomaitis just look at his coaching Career history Adomaitis hes never been at this level so why am i wrong to call him mediocre for now.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Emigration definitely had an impact i mean just look at the numbers from 1990s 3,7 mln. to now 2,8 mln and dropping.
    The solution is obvious. Ask President Dalia Grybauskaitė or any Lithuanian woman. The men need to spend less time drinking and watching basketball and more time screwing the women.

-

-Once again this's all new for Adomaitis just look at his coaching Career history Adomaitis hes never been at this level so why am i wrong to call him mediocre for now.
    Fair enough , mate .
    But i think i have an explanation . There is no level per se to be at . It is either you have a job or not . Adomaitis got the job . He is no Phil Jackson or Obradovic , but he got the job . At that is his level .

The solution is obvious. Ask President Dalia Grybauskaitė or any Lithuanian woman. The men need to spend less time drinking and watching basketball and more time screwing the women.

They all emigrated to nothing is left there as far as i know... especially the nice ones left the country in search for a rich man
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Can you tell me which players are in competition for EB? I did not follow the composition of Lithuania in general.

My man . It took me less than a minute altogether total to make them all 3 of my beautiful children .
    I will drink beer and such and watch basketball. And i hope my kids will have a happy life away from my nightmares i had . We get exam results in a day or two for A levels for my daughter , I am certain she will be first Lithuanian to get the place there .

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031