No announcement yet.

China 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt will also participate in Stankovic Continental Cup for the first time .

Comment

China Red

Game 1: China (Red) 60-63 Iran
      CHN: Chang Lin 13p 4r, Abdusalam 13p 6r
      IRI: Sajjad Mashayekhi 17p 6r 4a, Behnam Yakhchali 15p 7r

Game 2: China (Red) 72-67 Iran
      CHN: Zhai Xiaochuan 15p 8r, Zou Yuchen 12p 3b, Zhao Rui 11p 4r, Zhao Jiwei 10p 5a
      IRI: Mohammad Jamshidi 24p 3a, Behnam Yakhchali 10p 5r 6a, Rouzbeh Arghavan 10p 7r

Iran is missing Haddadi and Sahakian (guys like Nikkhah Bahrami and Kamrani appear to have retired from NT) but still has their main core including Arsalan Kazemi who has 28 rebounds (!!) in 2 games. This Chinese Red team has only 3 players with "A" NT experience, Zhao Jiwei, Zhai Xiaochuan and Zou Yuchen (who missed the first game), and not surprisingly these 3 are the best players in at least Game 2.

For China, the results appear acceptable or even better than expected (though stupid home refs also helped), but watching the replays just depresses me. Both offense and defense suck, but I can live with the offense, since China NT's offense always relied on big man, and the only quality big Zou Yuchen played only 8 minutes in Game 2 (he was very productive in those minutes before getting injured). But I'm very unhappy about the defense. Even though the Chinese players appear to be faster than the Iranians and could on occasion defend well, the pick-n-roll defense and transitional defense are so terrible that Iran had too many unexplained easy baskets. Full-court press was completely ineffectual, and on occasion, even disastrous. It all comes down to basketball IQ and fundamentals, and my only consolation is that most of these players will never ever make the "A" team.

These are the 14 players playing in these 2 games:
      Zhao Jiwei PG 1.85m/1995 Liaoning --> has "A" NT experience
      Wang Zirui PG 1.90m/1993 Xinjiang
      Fang Shuo SG 1.90m/1990 Beijing
      Meng Duo SG 1.93m/1990 Shenzhen
      Zhao Rui SG 1.95m/1996 Guangdong
      Liu Zhixuan SF 1.97m/1991 Liaoning
      Abdusalam SF 2.02m/1996 Xinjiang --> ethnic Uyghur
      Zhai Xiaochuan SF 2.04m/1993 Beijing --> has "A" NT experience
      Chang Lin PF 2.05m/1988 Jiangsu Dragons
      Yu Changdong PF 2.07m/1991 Xinjiang
      Fu Hao PF 2.08m/1997 Bayi
      Zou Yuchen C 2.07m/1996 Bayi --> has "A" NT experience, only played in Game 2
      Fan Ziming C 2.10m/1998 Guangzhou
      Zhu Rongzhen C 2.11m/1999 --> No CBA experience, only played in Game 1

This Uyghur-Chinese kid Abdusalam (SF 2.02m/1996) is an interesting player. A little slow-footed for the 3, but plays with a lot of confidence and can absolutely shoot, even the 3 ball. Appears to have good basketball IQ too. Certainly an "A" team candidate. Another "rookie" I'm impressed with is Chang Lin (PF 2.05m/1988), undersized for the 4, but he is actually a good player. Only problem is he's a little too old for an NT rookie, as he wasted too many years in the American NCAA passing Gatorade.

Abdusalam
      Last edited by sinobball; 06-17-2017, 05:07 AM.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Team Blue

This team played in the inaugural BRICS Games: http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...31#post1132631

China
        Yu Dehao PG 1.90m/1995 Shenzhen
        Liu Xiaoyu PG 1.91m/1989 Shanghai --> has "A" NT experience
        Wu Qian PG 1.91m/1994 Zhejiang Golden Bulls
        Zeng Lingxu PG 1.94m/1987 Shanxi
        Cui Jinming SG 1.93m/1992 Jilin
        Zhao Yanhao SG 1.95m/1997 Zhejiang Lions --> recently played in EABA
        Li Jingyu SF 2.00m/1991 Shandong
        Gao Shang SF 2.00m/1994 Guangdong
        Ren Junfei PF 2.03m/1990 Guangdong
        Tao Hanlin PF 2.08m/1991 Shandong
        Hu Jinqiu PF 2.10m/1997 Zhejiang Lions --> recently played in EABA
        Han Dejun C 2.15m/1987 Liaoning

China 97-57 India
        CHN: Tao Hanlin 18p 11r, Liu Xiaoyu 14p 5a 3s, Wu Qian 10p 4r, Hu Jinqiu 10p 5r, Han Dejun 10p
        IND: Amjyot Singh 26p 6r 4a, Rikin Pethani 12p

China 90-61 South Africa
        CHN: Ren Junfei 21p 3r 3a, Han Dejun 17p 6r, Hu Jinqiu 16p 11r, Wu Qian 12p 3r
        RSA: Fumani Marhanele 15p 4r 4s, Pieter Prinsloo 12p 9r, Jonathan Van der Bijl 11p

China 53-58 Russia
        CHN: Han Dejun 18p 9r, Hu Jinqiu 8p 10r
        RUS: Vladimir Ivlev 12p 9r 4s, Vladislav Trushkin 7p 9r

All eyes were on 30-year-old "Kung Fu Panda" Han Dejun in his NT debut. His highlights from the Russian game: https://gss3.baidu.com/6LZ0ej3k1Qd3o...622ab7dda95b75

The point guard Yu Dehao got a lot of flak for turning the ball over 7 times against Russia, including a number in the 4th quarter, but I like this kid. Very good potential, knows what he should do, just lacks experience, confidence, strength, and perhaps passing skills, but with time I believe he can become a serviceable backup for the NT. I'm not a fan of the other young point guard Wu Qian, I don't see any potential.
        Last edited by sinobball; 06-22-2017, 05:58 AM.
        aim low, score high

Comment

China Blue 68-66 Australian NBL Selection
          CHN: Wu Qian 25p
          AUS: Daniel Kickert 18p 5r, Jerome Randle 13p

So the player that I called "no potential", Wu Qian, surprisingly scored 25p connecting 7/8 from downtown. Great game for him, especially with a win, but to me it doesn't change my view that he has no potential. For a guard, he doesn't dribble the ball well, is skinny, and wastes too much time with the ball (either in his hands, or pointless dribbling). Then he's also too short as a shooter. I watched the first half, it was pretty close, but I just couldn't continue. This Blue team now has 2 ex-NT players, Zhou Peng and Li Gen, as opposed to 1 (Liu Xiaoyu, not sure what happened to him) in the BRICS Games. But most of the other players have no NT potential and so aren't interesting to me. I'm talking about guys like Tao Hanlin, who has been with the "B" team for almost a decade (this is an exaggeration but the point is that everyone is so tired of him). I was initially open to the idea of Blue-Red teams, but I find the games so boring now. I wish there's a rule that says guys over 25 who haven't shown a desire or ability to improve shouldn't waste national team resources.

The game was a good experience for Hu Jinqiu, who banged hard against bruising Aussie bigs. He struggled, but he has potential.
          aim low, score high

Comment

I didn't see the game and congratulations on winning because I didn't want to sound too negative to this achievement. Assuming this Chinese team competes in the FIBA Asia Cup, it would need to improve a lot as this 'All-Australian' team literally had two practices before playing. In addition, the common theme of home town refereeing was everywhere in the Australian basketball media, a common theme for visiting overseas teams from anywhere. See this article.

The NBL All-Australian team has started off slowly in their three-game Sino-Australian Men's International Basketball Challenge series against the Chinese National Men's Team, going down 66-68 in Beijing. Down the stretch, the All-Australian team's lack of cohesiveness stood out as the team couldn't connect on multiple possessions trying to eliminate the deficit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roofman View Post
              I didn't see the game and congratulations on winning because I didn't want to sound too negative to this achievement. Assuming this Chinese team competes in the FIBA Asia Cup, it would need to improve a lot as this 'All-Australian' team literally had two practices before playing. In addition, the common theme of home town refereeing was everywhere in the Australian basketball media, a common theme for visiting overseas teams from anywhere. See this article.

https://pickandroll.com.au/chinese-r...stralian-tour/
              I'm not really sure what is there to see in that article, I see a racist tweet and a bunch of accusations, but no video of the questionable calls. Chinese refs of course have a largely negative reputation against visiting teams, and I admit refereeing is a big problem, but also realize China is the biggest hub of international basketball in recent years: over 100 professional/national basketball teams travel to China each summer playing all sorts of games, men and women, in large cities and small rural counties and like anywhere else, nobody notices good officiating but everybody remembers bad refs. Without seeing the controversial calls, I think it may be a difference in playing style since to the Chinese, the Aussies play basketball like rugby and such styles are rare in China.

Zhou Peng and Li Gen, the only 2 players who represented China before, played a combined 26 minutes this game. If China really wants to win this game why not play them more? Why not play Guo Ailun, who sat on the bench? I can tell you the real China NT always played in real arenas with capacity over 10000, and this game was held in a "academy" gym with 1500 seats (and that is in Beijing).

The star of the game Wu Qian as well as another point guard Zeng Lingxu were not in the 44-person roster announced in May (see my posts above), they are late additions because too many players are missing. The starting point guard of this game Yu Dehao averaged 2 points 1 assist in the CBA. So there's no achievement since barely anyone knows who they are.
              Last edited by sinobball; 07-06-2017, 10:12 PM.
              aim low, score high

Comment

2017 eight men's basketball tournament will be held July 18 to 23 in Suzhou, yesterday, the team officially confirmed that the schedule came out.
                Team:
                Group A - China (national team), Iran (national team), Ukraine (national team), Belarus (national team).
                Group B - United States (Tours), Lithuania (Tours), Qatar (National Team), Australia (Clubs).
                Previously, the eight men's basketball tournament has been held in Suzhou twice, the Chinese Olympic team, the Iranian team has won. The competition will be held in Suzhou Sports Center and Dushu Lake Sports Center two venues, the first three match days for the group stage, the evening of July 22 semi-finals, 23 evening final. With immediate effect, the official ticket sale, the minimum fare of 50 yuan.

Comment

Heavy!Chinese team red team was forced to give up to participate in NBA summer league

Beijing time on July 4, according to the relevant domestic media broke the news, the Chinese men's basketball team was originally scheduled for July in Las Vegas, and five NBA teams launched the NBA Summer League warm-up match will be canceled, the reason is Basketball team can not get a US visa in time.

In the Chinese Basketball Association announced the men's basketball team in 2017, the Chinese men's basketball team originally scheduled for June 27 officially arrived in the United States, and in July with five NBA teams to open the closed warm-up match, and opponents Respectively, the Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Raptors, and there is an undefined team, no doubt still have considerable exercise value.

But the men's basketball team because of the visa problem, so far can not rush to the United States on time, but also had to give up such a trip to the US summer league. Chinese basketball team coach Li Nan has said before that the team has been preparing for the summer league, and now they can only turn to prepare for July 19 will be kicked off the Stankovic Cup game.

As for the men's basketball team has not yet returned to some players, the famous basketball reporter Jia Lei yesterday in the microblogging broke the news, "Zhou Qi will represent the Rockets after the summer league to participate in the team to communicate with the team to determine the next itinerary And then rejoin. Ding Yan Yu will also be on behalf of the Mavericks after the summer league to determine the rejoin time.Yu Changdong before the injury, has been in rehabilitation; Li Jinglong transferred to support the Olympic team game; Zou Yuchen in the warm-up before the injury, Has been recovering. "

It is worth mentioning that, Jia Lei yesterday also mentioned the men's basketball team waiting for a visa issue, but now for some reason can not take place. A volunteer who traveled to the United States as the summer league warm - up, also wrote in microblogging. "My visa as a volunteer has also been hampered by the need to make up the material and it 's really not before.

Comment

Red- Blue Schedule

Chinese men 's basketball tournament arrangements :

Chinese Basketball Team (coach Li Nan):

June 13 - 18 China International Basketball Tournament Location: Dalian, Changchun, Ningbo

June 29 - July 14 Overseas Rascal Location: United States (Cancelled due to visa issues)

July 19-23 Stankovic Cup Location: (Germany - Croatia - Egypt)

July 30 Yao Fund Charity Place: Hong Kong

August 3 - August 5 International Men's Basketball Invitational Tournament Second Place: To be determined

November 23, 26, 2019 Men's Basketball World Cup window Location: China, South Korea

Chinese men's basketball team (coach Du Feng)

June 17-21 BRICK State Games Basketball Place: Guangzhou (South Africa- Russia - India )

July 5-9 Chinese and Australian International Basketball Tournament Location: 3 matches against NBL All-Star Team

July 13 - 25 Overseas Rascal Location: New Zealand, Australia

July 29 - 31 International Men's Basketball Invitational Tournament Location: Kunshan

August 8 - 20 2017 Men's FIBA Asia Cup Place :Lebanon Beirut

Comment

Which team will participate in Suzhou International tournament ?

Is it Red Team or U21 Team .

And What are the participating teams from Lithunia (? WUG team) ,United States and Australia?

Comment

Indian basketball player Amritpal Singh invited to join Sydney Kings in China

Indian basketball player Amritpal Singh has been formally invited to join the Sydney Kings for a tournament in China, known as the Atlas Challenge 2017. The Atlas Challenge consists of 8 teams from various countries, and will be played from 16th to 25th July in the city of Suzhou, which is 100 km from Shanghai. In a statement, the Kings said that they were approaching the tournament as an opportunity to evaluate prospective players, who may make their roster at a later stage.

Comment

Sydney Kings invited to Atlas Challenge in China, will trial several free agents

The Sydney Kings will become the latest NBL side to compete internationally after accepting an offer to play in the Atlas Challenge in China next month.

The Kings, coached by Andrew Gaze, will play against national teams from China, Iran, Ukraine and Belarus plus invitational sides from Lithuania and the United States.

In the Kings invitational side will be Victorian forward Dane Pineau, who has signed with the club for next season, plus former NBL rookie of the year Anatoly Bose and Indian national team big man Amritpal Singh.

The Kings will be assessing players for roster spots and if they were to sign Singh he would become the first Indian to play in the NBL.

Gaze will complete his assistant coaching duties with the Indiana Pacers' summer league side before joining the Kings in Suzhou for the tournament which runs from July 17-23.

The Kings will be the third NBL side to play against one of China's two national squads with Melbourne United and Brisbane Bullets also playing against China, in Australia, in July.

Kings managing director Jeff van Groningen said the tournament was a special opportunity for the club.

"We are part of the international fraternity and that's important to us so we were humbled to receive the invitation," van Groningen said.

"China is a big part of our international agenda and we mirror the NBL in that respect and building those bridges. This is a fantastic way to do that in this high-level tournament."

The Kings have four rosters spots available for next season so welcomed the games to test out potential signings.

The inclusion of Bose and Singh will catch the attention of NBL fans with Bose winning the NBL rookie of the year in 2011-2012.

Bose has passports for Australia and Kazakhstan and has been playing for BC Astana.

"Last time he was here he won rookie of the year. But since then he has kicked around in some pretty decent level competitions like the VTB [Russian league]," van Groningen said.

"We just don't have a contemporary understanding of where he is at, so we are grateful he accepted our invitation."

Singh was one of the stars at the NBA Combine in Melbourne earlier this year and he also played well at the Kings' rookie camp.

"The NBL is very keen to build bridges in India and he played very well in our rookie camp," van Groningen said.

"He was on the level with all our development players and he was maybe better than that. We just need to see more of him."

Ballarat Miners guard Peter Hooley, Nicholls State centre Liam Thomas and Hobart Chargers guard Mathiang Muo are being considered as potential Kings signings.

Emerging Australian star Will McDowell-White played with the Kings last season but is still believed to be keen on playing US college basketball later this year.

The Kings have named 10 players for the trip but may add another before the tournament begins.

Sydney Kings invitational side:

Anatoly Bose, Sam Daly, Peter Hooley, Obi Kyei, Mathiang Muo, Dane Pineau, Derek Raivio, Amritpal Singh, Liam Thomas, Adam Thoseby.

The Sydney Kings will become the latest NBL side to compete internationally after accepting an offer to play in the Atlas Challenge in China next month.
                          Last edited by lemo; 07-10-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roofman View Post

https://pickandroll.com.au/chinese-r...stralian-tour/
                            I want to know what the Australian media are writing after the game today where the Melbourne United team defeated China Blue at home 104-94, with the home team shooting 56 free throws, and the refs fouling out 8 (of 12 available) Chinese players?

But of course, it's because Chinese have no sportsmanship.

By the way, this Melbourne United team (with ex-NBA player David Andersen) defeated Quincy Davis-led Chinese Taipei NT 2 weeks ago 111-74, so China Blue's performance is respectable in comparison. Guo Ailun and Zhou Peng did not travel to Australia, so Li Gen is currently the only ex-NT player on this team.
                            Last edited by sinobball; 07-16-2017, 07:57 AM.
                            aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information