Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: China 2017

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Country: China

    Default China 2017

    Friendly Games

    13/06 China Red 60 Iran 63
    16/06 China Red 72 Iran 67
    18/06 China Red 65 Iran 55
    18/06 China Blue 97 India 57
    19/06 China Blue 90 South Africa 61
    20/06 China Blue 53 Russia 58
    05/07 China Blue 68 Australia 66
    07/07 China Blue 89 Australia 75
    09/07 China Blue 75 Australia 89
    16/07 China Blue 94 Melbourne United 104
    18/07 China Blue 83 Brisbane Bullets 89
    29/07 China Blue 77 New Zealand 53
    30/07 China Blue 65 Angola 73
    31/07 China Blue 80 Lithuania 54
    02/08 China Red 70 Angola 78
    03/08 China Red 89 New Zealand 62
    04/08 China Red 70 Lithuania 53

    4th East Asia Championship

    Preliminary Round

    03/06 China 96 Chinese Taipei 63
    04/06 China 90 Hong Kong China 60

    1/2 Final

    06/06 China 104 South Korea 106

    3rd Place

    07/06 China 58 Japan 76

    13th Stankovic Continental Champions Cup

    Preliminary Round

    19/07 China Red 71 Croatia 81
    20/07 China Red 71 Egypt 70
    21/07 China Red 73 Germany 76

    3rd Place

    23/07 China Red 90 Egypt 64

    1st FIBA Asia Cup

    Preliminary Round

    09/08 China Blue 87 Philippines 96
    11/08 China Blue 92 Qatar 67
    13/08 China Blue 61 Iraq 60

    Playoffs

    15/08 China Blue 81 Syria 79

    1/4 Final

    17/08 China Blue 71 Australia 97

    5th to 8th Place

    19/08 China Blue 86 Jordan 55

    5th Place

    20/08 China Blue 79 Lebanon 78

    5th FIBA Asia U16 Championship

    Preliminary Round

    2nd FIBA World Cup Qualifiers

    Preliminary Round

    23/11 China Red vs. Hong Kong China
    26/11 China Red vs. South Korea
    Last edited by Kings; 08-20-2017 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Currently, Gong Luming is inactive with the national team and is focusing in administration and development of youth programs for the future. When asked by media, Gong Luming stated that his future with the NT is subject for discussion and he has not contacted the CBA about it either.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  3. #3
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Very good showing for Guangsha's Li Jinglong and Hu Jinqiu. They will be NT Team A next year if they keep this up.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  4. #4
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Gong Luming will endorse his role as NT coach to a successor that will be named by the CBA. Shanghai's Brian Goorjian is said to be the favorite for the job while other candidates include Ruben Magnano and Neven Spahija.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    143
    Country: Egypt

    Default

    13th Stankovic Continental Champions Cup

    Any news about Participating nations ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Yao Ming is now the CBA chairman after being elected.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  7. #7
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    CBA announced that they will form two exclusive national teams this year that will operate up until late 2019. The two national teams will have two different head coach -- reportedly a foreign coach and a Chinese coach.

    For the two national teams, a classification of CHN Team A and CHN Team B will be designated according to reports. CHN Team A will most likely have the likes of Guo Ailuin, Zhou Qi etc while CHN Team B will most likely feature upcoming stars of the CBA and also youth team prospects. This is similar to the concept of China's Team A and the formation of the China Olympic B team that operated from 2012 to 2016 which gave rise to the likes of Guo and Zhou among others. However, this time, the two NTs that will be formed will not feature players being promoted to Team A -- which is an interesting proposition.

    Most likely, CHN Team A will train for the 2019 World Cup by playing against elite teams in Europe during the off-season while CHN Team B will train for the 2018 Asian Games and the FIBA qualifier windows.

    Having a B Team operate and available for FIBA's new competition calendar that will have home and away games, solves the problem facing several CBA elite and playoff teams where if you pull out players like Guo Ailun or Ding Yanyuhang, it will have an immense effect on team momentum. Unlike where if you pull out players like Yang Shuai (who is not a bonafide star yet) the impact is minimal to the CBA team as the foreign players can somehow mitigate the pullout.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  8. #8
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    CBA announced that they will form two exclusive national teams this year that will operate up until late 2019. The two national teams will have two different head coach -- reportedly a foreign coach and a Chinese coach.

    For the two national teams, a classification of CHN Team A and CHN Team B will be designated according to reports. CHN Team A will most likely have the likes of Guo Ailuin, Zhou Qi etc while CHN Team B will most likely feature upcoming stars of the CBA and also youth team prospects. This is similar to the concept of China's Team A and the formation of the China Olympic B team that operated from 2012 to 2016 which gave rise to the likes of Guo and Zhou among others. However, this time, the two NTs that will be formed will not feature players being promoted to Team A -- which is an interesting proposition.

    Most likely, CHN Team A will train for the 2019 World Cup by playing against elite teams in Europe during the off-season while CHN Team B will train for the 2018 Asian Games and the FIBA qualifier windows.

    Having a B Team operate and available for FIBA's new competition calendar that will have home and away games, solves the problem facing several CBA elite and playoff teams where if you pull out players like Guo Ailun or Ding Yanyuhang, it will have an immense effect on team momentum. Unlike where if you pull out players like Yang Shuai (who is not a bonafide star yet) the impact is minimal to the CBA team as the foreign players can somehow mitigate the pullout.
    Details are sketchy but from what I have read I don't think the concept is to continue the A-B format from 2012 to 2016. The current scheme is to form 2 NTs with the same level - "Team Yellow" and "Team Red" for example, with Zhou Qi in one team and Yi Jianlian in the other, each with an independent coaching staff and roster, to alternately represent China in international competition through 2018. The 2 teams will combine in 2019 for the Worlds at home. I'm inclined to support the proposal.
    aim low, score high

  9. #9
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    Details are sketchy but from what I have read I don't think the concept is to continue the A-B format from 2012 to 2016. The current scheme is to form 2 NTs with the same level - "Team Yellow" and "Team Red" for example, with Zhou Qi in one team and Yi Jianlian in the other, each with an independent coaching staff and roster, to alternately represent China in international competition through 2018. The 2 teams will combine in 2019 for the Worlds at home. I'm inclined to support the proposal.
    Sounds good to me. Two alternating China Team A helps curb fatigue from club to national team activities, whereas guarantees competitiveness.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,728

    Default

    Now they are ceasing the A_B system and leaning into the pool setup..its like sending/preparing a 24 man team...

    Its somehow a bit sketchy proposition like done by the Philippines because its obvious you don't spill the tactics in public..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  11. #11
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Li Nan and Du Feng were elected head coaches of the two national teams.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  12. #12
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Team Red
    Coach: Li Nan
    Assistants: Brian Goorjian, Xu Changsuo, Hu Xuefeng

    Roster (21 players)
    Zhao Jiwei PG 1.85m/1995 Liaoning
    Wang Zhengbo PG 1.88m/1996 Xinjiang
    Wang Zirui PG 1.90m/1993 Xinjiang
    Sui Ran PG 1.93m/1992 Shandong
    Fang Shuo SG 1.90m/1990 Beijing
    Meng Duo SG 1.93m/1990 Shenzhen
    Zhao Rui SG 1.95m/1996 Guangdong
    Yuan Shuai SF 1.95m/1994 Shanxi
    Lei Meng SF 1.95m/1995 Bayi
    Li Jinglong SF 1.95m/1995 Zhejiang Lions
    Liu Zhixuan SF 1.97m/1991 Liaoning
    Ding Yanyuhang SF 2.00m/1993 Shandong
    Abdulsalam Abdulrashid SF 2.02m/1996 Xinjiang --> ethnic Uyghur
    Zhai Xiaochuan SF 2.04m/1993 Beijing
    Chang Lin PF 2.05m/1988 Jiangsu Dragons
    Yu Changdong PF 2.07m/1991 Xinjiang
    Fu Hao PF 2.08m/1997 Bayi
    Zhou Qi PF 2.17m/1996 Xinjiang
    Zou Yuchen C 2.07m/1996 Bayi
    Zhu Rongzhen C 2.11m/1999 --> No CBA experience
    Wang Zhelin C 2.14m/1994 Fujian

    Team Red will debut with exhibition games against Iran at home in June.
    Last edited by sinobball; 05-10-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    aim low, score high

  13. #13
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Team Blue
    Coach: Du Feng
    Assistants: Zhang Boyu, Yang Wenhai

    Roster (23 players)
    Yu Dehao PG 1.90m/1995 Shenzhen
    Liu Xiaoyu PG 1.91m/1989 Shanghai
    Zhang Chengyu PG 1.92m/1989 Qingdao
    Guo Ailun PG 1.92m/1993 Liaoning
    Wang Ruheng SG 1.91m/1990 Sichuan
    Cui Jinming SG 1.93m/1992 Jilin
    Zhao Yanhao SG 1.95m/1997 Zhejiang Lions
    Ju Mingxin SG 2.00m/1993 Guangzhou
    Li Jingyu SF 2.00m/1991 Shandong
    Li Gen SF 1.96m/1988 Xinjiang
    Chen Linjian SF 1.98m/1993 Fujian
    Keranbek Maken SF 1.98m/1992 Xinjiang --> ethnic Kyrgyz
    Gu Quan SF 2.00m/1992 Shenzhen
    Gao Shang SF 2.00m/1994 Guangdong
    Zhou Peng SF 2.06m/1989 Guangdong
    Ren Junfei PF 2.03m/1990 Guangdong --> Ren Junwei's twin
    Ren Junwei PF 2.03m/1990 Shanxi --> Ren Junfei's twin
    Tao Hanlin PF 2.08m/1991 Shandong
    Hu Jinqiu PF 2.10m/1997 Zhejiang Lions
    Jia Cheng C 2.07m/1991 Shandong
    Yi Jianlian C 2.13m/1987 Guangdong
    Han Dejun C 2.15m/1987 Liaoning
    Li Muhao C 2.18m/1992 Shenzhen
    aim low, score high

  14. #14
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Team B (U-21 team)
    Coach: Fan Bin
    Assistants: Wang Jihua, Fang Su

    Tang Jie PG 1.85m/1999
    Sun Minghui PG 1.88m/1996 Zhejiang Lions --> 1 year CBA experience
    Hu Mingxuan PG 1.91m/1998
    Bai Haotian PG 1.92m/1999
    Zhao Jiayi SG 1.92m/1999
    Guo Haowen SG 1.95m/2000
    Wu Xiao SF 1.96m/1999
    Yang Kai SF 1.97m/1996
    Wu Yujia SF 1.99m/1999
    Man Jiang SF 2.00m/1999
    Wang Rui PF 2.03m/1999
    Jianiyou Taruike C 2.07m/1998 --> father is Nigerian
    Fan Ziming C 2.10m/1998 Guangzhou --> 1 year CBA experience

    This team is pretty much last year's U18 team, with some older players added since they failed to qualify for World U19 this year. They will instead play in the useless EABA: http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...-Japan-Jun-2-7
    Last edited by sinobball; 05-10-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    aim low, score high

  15. #15
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Question to Kings and Sinobball:

    Where will be the venue in the friendly against Iran in June 13? Thanks in advance.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  16. #16
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Question to Kings and Sinobball:

    Where will be the venue in the friendly against Iran in June 13? Thanks in advance.
    Dalian, Liaoning Province.
    aim low, score high

  17. #17
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    Thanks for the info Sinobball!
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  18. #18
    Senior Member Lebasketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    120
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Hi
    I've a question about China NT so if someone could help me to answer.
    For the qualificaton to the WC, which team China will send ? Their A team or B team because they are already qualified !?

  19. #19
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebasketball View Post
    Hi
    I've a question about China NT so if someone could help me to answer.
    For the qualificaton to the WC, which team China will send ? Their A team or B team because they are already qualified !?
    Team Blue AND Team Red, alternatively (see above). Unlike in a tournament, FIBA doesn't require a fixed roster for all qualification games. So long as you submit 12 names a few days before a scheduled game. Like you mentioned, China already qualified.

    Teams Blue and Red will remain independent from each other before 2019. So you can think of them each as half of Team A. Team B is the developmental team. Maybe they'll have Team B play Hong Kong in the qualifiers.
    aim low, score high

  20. #20
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    21,847
    Country: United States

    Default

    OT: Guo Ailun signs with Jordan Brand
    https://sneakerbardetroit.com/jordan...yer-guo-ailun/
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •