No announcement yet.

Does this count as a successful basket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this count as a successful basket?

What happens when a player bounce-pass the ball into the basket, like in a circus shot? Does this count as a successful basket.

To the best of my questionable knowledge, yes. A bounce of any type, a pass, or a random, accidental bounce that goes into basket would count. But you cannot do that in free throws.

PS. also checked online, it's not 100% clear, but it's confirmed at least for the NCAA. Some people claim it may not be counted in due to defensive goaltending.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

the answer for your question is:-

Yes, a bounce that goes into the basket would count as a successful goal. Anytime (except on a throw-in) a live ball goes through the basket, it is a goal, and it doesn't matter who, if anyone, threw the ball.
      From the NCAA Men's Basketball 2013-14 and 2014-15 Rules, Rule 5 (Scoring and Timing Regulations), Section 1, Article 2:

Art. 2. A goal is made when:

a. A live ball that is not a throw-in enters the basket from above and remains in or passes through the basket; or

b. A free throw enters the basket from above and remains in or passes through the basket.

After a player bounces the ball, the ball is still live, meaning that any player could theoretically grab the ball and continue playing. So if the ball goes in the basket, the goal would count.

Kicking the ball in, even if it is easier for you, is not allowed (NCAA Rule 9, Section 7; NBA Rule 10, Section 4).

Source from the internet :- Does this count as a successful basket?

Comment

Yes it is consider counted,even if it bounced on the referee and goes into the basket.But if the referee is outside the court then bounce to him,its not counted.
        Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
        Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

I think it should be considered as counted
          Hello to everybody! I need fruit slot games free spins. Somebody knows where I can find it?

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information