Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: 2017 U16 European Championship

  1. #41
    Senior Member gockun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I can only start seeing kids on u16 tournaments and onwards, so I was very curious about our team. It did not look good . At some point, I went and checked the sizes of both teams, because on court German kids seemed seriously bigger, but to my surprise the average heights were exactly the same; 1.96cm.

    the only player I liked was Kucuk. He is nifty little guy. a type of PG we've been historically missing.

    Germans on the other hand was like a steam roller; they physically beat us and seemed to have made every shot.

    first impressions on these levels are usually not reliable. Hope see more games.
    Really talented for this level. But I am afraid his best case sceranio is probably Ender Arslan .

    What annoys me most about our youth level teams, we can't f..king shoot the ball. All U-20,18,16,14 teams included. There are really good talents out there but as long as they can't hit the ball from outside, they won't make any impact.

  2. #42
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    5,922
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    Really talented for this level. But I am afraid his best case sceranio is probably Ender Arslan .
    Ender Arslan at 20yo? I'd take it. Arslan later became a joke of a player, he was great in the beginning both for NT and for Efes.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,595
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Streaming is drunk in this tournament. Maybe not in all the games, because i've watched only Lithuanian games so far. By the way, Chroatian team got stucked in Lithuanian defence - non of them could score 10 pts in the game.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    77
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Streaming is drunk in this tournament. Maybe not in all the games, because i've watched only Lithuanian games so far. By the way, Chroatian team got stucked in Lithuanian defence - non of them could score 10 pts in the game.
    Today I had no problem, but yesterday´s match of Lithuania was crazy to see with that streaming, but in today´s Lithuanian game I had no problem (only watched first half)

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,595
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    Today I had no problem, but yesterday´s match of Lithuania was crazy to see with that streaming, but in today´s Lithuanian game I had no problem (only watched first half)
    It's strange. I didn't even watch live after yesterday's one - downloaded the game after, but it still wasn't good and some other people mentioned it too.

  6. #46
    Senior Member gockun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Ender Arslan at 20yo? I'd take it. Arslan later became a joke of a player, he was great in the beginning both for NT and for Efes.

    So, I heard that he will go to NCAA after one more year in TED (in summer of 2018). I don't know if it is good thing or not. Kid seems to know what he want, money is not a priority (for now) obviously which is the good thing for him, but NCAA didn't do good for Turkish prospects until now.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    77
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    So, I heard that he will go to NCAA after one more year in TED (in summer of 2018). I don't know if it is good thing or not. Kid seems to know what he want, money is not a priority (for now) obviously which is the good thing for him, but NCAA didn't do good for Turkish prospects until now.
    NCAA in 2018? He still needs to finish 2 more years of high school before go to University, no?

  8. #48
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,535
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    NCAA in 2018? He still needs to finish 2 more years of high school before go to University, no?
    He can't go to university till 2019. Probably, he meant high school in USA which would be a very risky choice for his career as well.

    Lithuania beat Israel by 8 and Israel stood back to 2nd place in group which means Turkey - Israel match-up at the next round since winning against Slovenia won't change our position, due to the heavy loss against Germans, unless we make a wonder by winning over them at least +30 points which doesn't sound realistic. Israel has a very good team here, but for our team getting Israelis from the 2nd spot is more than good. Today's Slovenia game is important to see whether we are going to gradually improve our performance.
    Last edited by slice me nice; 08-13-2017 at 01:51 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,595
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    WOW what is happening, Mannion from Italy knailed 42 pts in Russian basket and Chroatia lost 50 pts to Serbia - do these kids have passion for the game?
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 08-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Pazin could have scored 50 today if he played whole game Passion had to do nothing , some teams are just very bad or too young. The clearer picture will be at u18 tournament in two years for this European generation of players.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  11. #51
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,378
    Country: Canada

    Exclamation

    Wow!

    Latvia 83 Russia 81 (OT)

    What a comeback by Latvia! Down by 11 midway through the 4th quarter the Latvians force OT with seconds to play and hold the Russians off in the final seconds of OT!


  12. #52
    Senior Member BiHBasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    380
    Country: Bosnia Herzegovina

    Default

    So Slovenia was 3 - 0 in their group and Croatia 0 - 3 in their, and guess what, in the round of 16 Croatia eliminated Slovenia.

    I can't stand this system where every teams moves to the round of 16.
    "Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent’s greatest ever players."

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    77
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiHBasket View Post
    So Slovenia was 3 - 0 in their group and Croatia 0 - 3 in their, and guess what, in the round of 16 Croatia eliminated Slovenia.

    I can't stand this system where every teams moves to the round of 16.
    Croatia playing with 6 players today...

    p.s-->System was copied from youth world champìonships but i also thinks Euopean championship could be played with other system, like always did until last summer

  14. #54
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,378
    Country: Canada

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by BiHBasket View Post
    So Slovenia was 3 - 0 in their group and Croatia 0 - 3 in their, and guess what, in the round of 16 Croatia eliminated Slovenia.

    I can't stand this system where every teams moves to the round of 16.
    Yeah, it doesn't seem right when a 0-3 team knocks off a 3-0 team.



    The Croatian team's Jekyll-and-Hyde play also bewilders me. Here on Sunday Croatia lost to Serbia 102-52 and then today Croatia beats previously unbeaten Slovenia 76-65.


  15. #55
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,263
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Definitely it's terrible system. Luckily worked for us. Positive is that our very talented 2002. will play A division. I don't have high hopes for this kids. Rudan is nice and athletic Matković (still didn't get clearance to play from FIBA ) have some chances at pro level
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  16. #56
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,263
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't seem right when a 0-3 team knocks off a 3-0 team.



    The Croatian team's Jekyll-and-Hyde play also bewilders me. Here on Sunday Croatia lost to Serbia 102-52 and then today Croatia beats previously unbeaten Slovenia 76-65.

    I think there was planning because we played many times with Slovenia and usually toped them with this generation
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  17. #57
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,535
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Almost a triple-double performance from Küçük and easy win for Turkey against Israel. 19 points, 9 rebounds, 10 assists in 25 minutes. Great full-court passes and amazing court vision. He played like a real leader. We shortened the rotation in this game what it is cracked up to be and it worked very well. As I said, Küçük should take the helms in this team no other way around. He had enough freedom on offense today, maybe the first time in this tournament. It is good that the coach has corrected his mistake finally.

    Kurtuldum was amazing as well, great offensive and defensive display. Kurtuldum is showing his skills much better when Küçük is also on the court, I compare him to Cedi Osman at that age. They have a lot of common basketball sense. Kurtuldum likes to run, great slasher and average shooter. Not an elite prospect is Kurtuldum, however can be a very useful player in the future. I also liked his off the ball movements in this game.

    Another great performance was from Karabilen. He did amazing things on offense, but his defensive contribution was the key and he ended the game on a high note defensively as well. His position is still not clear, but he is a more C than PF for my taste. It is a great plus he has a shooting touch from perimeter. I am really satisfied with the effort of team. France game is gonna be difficult for sure, but after watching today's game, I am quite hopeful for tomorrow's game.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    77
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I have to agree on Kurtultum´s off ball play, I think is one of his best skills.

    If France is rival tomorrow is gonna be tough, cuz is not a good fit for us. hay can run (like us, but we are better in that) but, contrary to Finland, thay can get physichal and play basket with more contact or press (like Germany did). I´m still confident we can get a spot in top5..

    p.s-->i can not understad why coach is not careful woth foul troubles. Today is the second game (of 4) where a player makes 3 fouls in first quarter (Erdek in 5 minutes), and the just in first play of second quarter Çete makes his second foul, He was neither put on the bench so he did his third foul in the next minute with 8 minutes left in second quarte. If you later in the game need to use those players they can get extremely cold...

  19. #59
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,535
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    p.s-->i can not understad why coach is not careful woth foul troubles. Today is the second game (of 4) where a player makes 3 fouls in first quarter (Erdek in 5 minutes), and the just in first play of second quarter Çete makes his second foul, He was neither put on the bench so he did his third foul in the next minute with 8 minutes left in second quarte. If you later in the game need to use those players they can get extremely cold...
    Yeah, the coach sides with keeping the player on court who is on foul trouble. It is indeed hard to understand. But we are talking about a guy who made his best player averaged only 15 minutes per game in first three games. So it is not my main concern. Turkish coaches have been making a new breakthrough in basketball.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiHBasket View Post
    So Slovenia was 3 - 0 in their group and Croatia 0 - 3 in their, and guess what, in the round of 16 Croatia eliminated Slovenia.

    I can't stand this system where every teams moves to the round of 16.
    That horrible Croatian team now have a chance to go to semi finals, hopefully Latvia will stop them.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •