No announcement yet.

2017 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally get a place in World Cahmpionship. I still think bad decissions in key moments let us without a medal. Happy cuz we have some talented guys, even we still are not aware the need we have to improve individual basic skills in young players..

Comment

So, it is over... There is no "real deal" talent for Turkey, actually there is also no eurolegue level talent there too. Erdek, Çete, Kurtuldum has no basketball IQ, tunnel visions and very bad shot selections out there. They only play with high motor, agressive which are enough for this age to be successfull but in senior age. Karabilen has some IQ, good vision, very mobile but not consistent, lacks agressivity, motor and somewhat unsupporting. Kucuk as I said before reminds me of Ender Arslan, really talented but really low basketball IQ and does not have good frame for senior level. As years go by this team will downgrade I think, though I would love to be mistaken...

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Wow!

Latvia 83 Russia 81 (OT)

What a comeback by Latvia! Down by 11 midway through the 4th quarter the Latvians force OT with seconds to play and hold the Russians off in the final seconds of OT!

I guess, I shall have my own catchphrase on these boards. Maccabeo has "shooot", I'll go with "Russian choking". I haven't watched this championship except for some glimpses of the first gameday's scrimmages because I was really busy with my scientific work obligations but either way this Russian team achieved a new all-time low. This is the first European youth basketball tournament where we finished last. And initially I had some hopes for this team, God, what was I thinking.

Russian basketball is doomed. It gets worse and worse. There are ebbs and flows as it is always the case in youth categories but, generally speaking, ten years ago we were elite (well, worse than Spain or Serbia but at least rarely missing qfs), five years ago we were decent, now we are atrocious. I am not a stranger to the Russian basketball but the speed with which we are deteriorating puzzles even me. Next year only U-18 Russian team will play at a Division A of these European junior NT competitions. Shit, future is bleak for basketball here. Well, that won't stop CSKA crooks from tunnelling budget money into their laughing stock of a team. Maybe, it's better to go the Norway way and dissolve all the national teams on all levels for good (or maybe they still have U-16, dunno)? I think it's a better option than fighting with Malta and Armenia for the 13-16th places in Division B. And, given the dynamics we currently have, such a scenario is set to become reality very soon.
        2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

By the way, I'm surprised to see Montenegro in the finals but I'm far from being knowledgeable about this generation of players.
          2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Could Sezgun be a late-bloomer? I like physichal skills of Kirciman

Lack of IQ is one of biggest problems in turkish basketball. Most of the teams, players play too vertical, too direct to the basket. This U16 is an exageration of that, as Gokun said, they result in agrresive with high motor players, but can not read the game whe thay can not be succesfull with thhat basketball or whe the oponent team slow us....

I like Kuçuk but he shoots like when kids change to play in real high basket, do not know how to explain his shoot in English..

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
              I guess, I shall have my own catchphrase on these boards. Maccabeo has "shooot", I'll go with "Russian choking". I haven't watched this championship except for some glimpses of the first gameday's scrimmages because I was really busy with my scientific work obligations but either way this Russian team achieved a new all-time low. This is the first European youth basketball tournament where we finished last. And initially I had some hopes for this team, God, what was I thinking.

Russian basketball is doomed. It gets worse and worse. There are ebbs and flows as it is always the case in youth categories but, generally speaking, ten years ago we were elite (well, worse than Spain or Serbia but at least rarely missing qfs), five years ago we were decent, now we are atrocious. I am not a stranger to the Russian basketball but the speed with which we are deteriorating puzzles even me. Next year only U-18 Russian team will play at a Division A of these European junior NT competitions. Shit, future is bleak for basketball here. Well, that won't stop CSKA crooks from tunnelling budget money into their laughing stock of a team. Maybe, it's better to go the Norway way and dissolve all the national teams on all levels for good (or maybe they still have U-16, dunno)? I think it's a better option than fighting with Malta and Armenia for the 13-16th places in Division B. And, given the dynamics we currently have, such a scenario is set to become reality very soon.
              I was about to question the terrible situation in youth Russian NTs. I fully agree with you. Something must be wrong there. Even the elite basketball countries may have consecutive weak generations, that's normal. However, if a country has talent drought between '94-'01 generations, that's the good indicator of planlessness. Back on those days you mentioned, matching with Russia was a nightmare, as the Russian kids were fundamentally established and having well-built frames. Now all I see, bunch of kids who lack basic fundamental also have terrible game knowledge and not ready to cope with high level mentally as well. Playing against Russian youth NTs is a sure win for the opponents. Really a strange case. According to one of the respectable Russian youth basketball follower I keep in touch with, most of the experienced youth setup coaches are already retired and incoming ones don't have enough knowledge to manage a youth team. Again according to him, federation is not minding much the general national youth program, they even haven't organized coaching-development seminars or communes in the simplest terms. I seriously would like to talk the reason of this deterioration with an insider.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

France is EC edging Montenegro in the title game. Killian Hayes once again led his teammates to victory, deserving the MVP award.
                Besides the winners, historic qualification of surprising Montenegro to 2018 U17 WC. Serbia, Croatia and Turkey are also qualified. Both Croatia and Turkey were late racers after a disappointing tournament start. Notables missing, Lithuania and Spain.

In Div. B another nation made history with the promotion to the upper Division of Georgia, who snatched the third place from Great Britain. Winner Greece and Netherlands were also promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
                  By the way, I'm surprised to see Montenegro in the finals but I'm far from being knowledgeable about this generation of players.
                  Good use of home court advantage, I will be shocked if they are in the top five teams next year at the world championship.
                  Last edited by Srle; 08-19-2017, 11:41 PM.
                  UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Bad summer for Lithuania after the last one when all the champs were finished with a medal (no gold though). This summer only one bronze has been taken in a very hardly game with OT against Turkey in U18. I didn't like our U16 team, but there are some guys who can be good in the future. But they were very unstable in Podgorica and deservedly will miss a WC.

Comment

Originally posted by roloj View Post
                      Could Sezgun be a late-bloomer? I like physichal skills of Kirciman

Lack of IQ is one of biggest problems in turkish basketball. Most of the teams, players play too vertical, too direct to the basket. This U16 is an exageration of that, as Gokun said, they result in agrresive with high motor players, but can not read the game whe thay can not be succesfull with thhat basketball or whe the oponent team slow us....

I like Kuçuk but he shoots like when kids change to play in real high basket, do not know how to explain his shoot in English..
                      SezgĂ¼n has soft hands, some post moves, good size ,can play P&R on the other hand he is a softy, avoid contacts, really slow legs, not an intimidater, can't finish if there is any body infront of him. İf he gain some muscle he can be something.

Comment

Bibeorivc is finally playing for Fener

Comment

Bibeorivc is finally playing for Fener
                          Nothing is signed.

And he can play for Fenerbahce as much as he want, but if he start playing for Turkey, once more everybody will see what I'm talking all the time: Turkey is the biggest enemy of the Bosnia and Herzegovina and our people. At least when we talk about basketball.
                          Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                            Nothing is signed.

And he can play for Fenerbahce as much as he want, but if he start playing for Turkey, once more everybody will see what I'm talking all the time: Turkey is the biggest enemy of the Bosnia and Herzegovina and our people. At least when we talk about basketball.
                            wow, that escalated quickly. Bball, I understand, but why otherwise?
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                              Nothing is signed.
                              So he Is playing these games as some kind of test or tryout or something? is he still free?

Comment

So he Is playing these games as some kind of test or tryout or something? is he still free?
                                He is under contract with the Spars Sarajevo. Why is he playing for the other team while under contract with them, I don't think they will bother to share with us.
                                Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information