No announcement yet.

2016 FIBA ASIA challenge cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why are SBP is so focused on getting players on madamot na UAAP/NCAA? I'm sure 5 out 10 there are some hidden gems in mindanao and visayas that are better player than the ferrer's, pessumal's, tolomia's. Etc. Di mo malaman kung tamad lang ba talaga mga scout natin eh o kesyo nasa UAAP/NCAA daw kasi best available player natin outside of the PBA pwede ba naman yun. I'm not really Knowledgeable about their rules on lending players but I think one of the reason why those two colleges leagues are big headed when it comes to lending a player because they knew SBP has too limited options on resources. UAAP/NCAA schools on SBP: "susundin nyo kami? O wala kayong makukuhang player ni isa sa amin?" lols. It's about time we broaden our search not only on manila region. There are so many poor college players that has potential in mindanao and visayas. Bigyan mo lang ng kabuhayan yung mga yan and some scholarship I'm sure makikipagpatayan pa yan sa paglalaro sa bansa. Nowadays on those two big leagues puro larong mayaman eh.
    Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

• Jordan up big against Taipei..

Comment

• Originally posted by Thegloryball View Post
        I wonder why are SBP is so focused on getting players on madamot na UAAP/NCAA? I'm sure 5 out 10 there are some hidden gems in mindanao and visayas that are better player than the ferrer's, pessumal's, tolomia's. Etc. Di mo malaman kung tamad lang ba talaga mga scout natin eh o kesyo nasa UAAP/NCAA daw kasi best available player natin outside of the PBA pwede ba naman yun. I'm not really Knowledgeable about their rules on lending players but I think one of the reason why those two colleges leagues are big headed when it comes to lending a player because they knew SBP has too limited options on resources. UAAP/NCAA schools on SBP: "susundin nyo kami? O wala kayong makukuhang player ni isa sa amin?" lols. It's about time we broaden our search not only on manila region. There are so many poor college players that has potential in mindanao and visayas. Bigyan mo lang ng kabuhayan yung mga yan and some scholarship I'm sure makikipagpatayan pa yan sa paglalaro sa bansa. Nowadays on those two big leagues puro larong mayaman eh.
        Do they even have scouts right now? They missed a lot of fil-foreign prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by engwan View Post
          Jordan up big against Taipei..
          and we're out..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Jordan is back! they look good sam daghlas did awesome job reviving their program. so we're out? jordan destroy india, kazakhstan and taiwan but they lost to china by 18 Hmm interesting i'm sure it will be an exciting game vs gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
              The current performance of the team and players leads to the following assessment:

1. Belo is the most valuable non-pba filipino player that should be named in the gilas 5.0 developmental team. I rank him higher than Ravena, Parks, and Wright.

2. Pogoy needs to polish his shooting stroke but he's gonna be a good backup at the off-guard position. Hopefully, Wright would be our starter.

3. Tolomia is ok but I want to see him, Kiefer, Ed, and Jio all together in the pool.

4. Von Pessumal should not be given a contract by Gilas management. If they do, should be a 1-year contract and axe him if he does not improve significantly.

5. If Marcus shows in the invitational tourney that he's still fit, it is imperative that he joins the team to serve as the starting 5.
              How about CJ Perez?

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                How about CJ Perez?
                Well, he will still play college ball for at least a year (season 2017) I think. So he would not be a full-time Gilas yet.

Comment

The current performance of the team and players leads to the following assessment:

1. Belo is the most valuable non-pba filipino player that should be named in the gilas 5.0 developmental team. I rank him higher than Ravena, Parks, and Wright.

2. Pogoy needs to polish his shooting stroke but he's gonna be a good backup at the off-guard position. Hopefully, Wright would be our starter.

3. Tolomia is ok but I want to see him, Kiefer, Ed, and Jio all together in the pool.

4. Von Pessumal should not be given a contract by Gilas management. If they do, should be a 1-year contract and axe him if he does not improve significantly.

5. If Marcus shows in the invitational tourney that he's still fit, it is imperative that he joins the team to serve as the starting 5.

Tolomia has never improved since high school days. Still turn-over prone, can't hit jumpers consistently, blows easy lay-ups a lot and poor free-throw shooter. As for Belo, nagkataon that he's the best player on this team, but he is no way higher than the 3 you mentioned. And you're forgetting CJ, with more international exposure, can be one of our best players. For Von, no way he is getting any contract, has he even scored yet? And at the SEABA, he was atrocious too.

Comment

Well, he will still play college ball for at least a year (season 2017) I think. So he would not be a full-time Gilas yet.
                    if he can secure a 3 year contact and get drafted by the pba via special draft. he will forego his college stint. he just wants to earn more so that his ofw mom can come home.

i think he has potential. would love it if he gets a gilas contract.
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• -I think Belo can still improve his dribbling skills and a lot more (perhaps lateral quickness and court and defensive awareness).This guy will be very dangerous if he becomes more comfortable dribbling the basketball.

-I think CJ Perez has a lot of potential, he maybe raw now but imagine if he could be like a bigger version of Jason Castro probably 3-4 years from now.

-Van Opstal needs a new lease of life after getting indued.

-I am looking forward to seeing big guys who are currently in college and else where like Abu Tratter,Ahanmisi (if eligible),Edu etc. I read on PBAdraft.Net Facebook page that Chris Blake (6'7;Bradley) is eligible to play for Gilas,I hope someone could confirm his eligibility.
                      Last edited by Alex07; 09-13-2016, 04:09 PM.
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Aside from Belo, i think Pogoy has the highest upside/potential in this group.
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• I don't have access to the streaming sites and Belo's highlights are all on the offensive side. How is his defense? What positions can he potentially guard internationally?

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                            Aside from Belo, i think Pogoy has the highest upside/potential in this group.
                            Agreed. Decent size for an Asian wing with a good jump shot.

Besides Belo and Pogoy, I want to see more Escoto and Perez. Think the four of them have a shot at being senior Gilas quality players (belo especially obviously)

Comment

He's going to an NCAA team right? if so will he be available for the 2017 Nov and 2018 Feb home and away series?
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Haven't seen the games or highlights. But Belo seems leaner. Am I right? I always thought that for his height, 6-4/5, Belo will be better internationally by being leaner and quicker than by bulking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information