Atempted Military coup in Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    Affects of failed coup attemp go on and one of the biggest purges in the world's political history is being carried out by government, thousands of officers were expelled and more than 6k soldiers including generals and other commanders have been arrested. Moreover, Erdoğan has declared state of emergency for three months. Any person from opposition side is in danger in following days and any demonstration in the streets will be forbidden, probably except pro-gov. ones. The emergency allows the president and cabinet to restrict "freedom of speech" and bypass parliament to pass new laws.
    Εmperor Palpatine had the same emergency and executive powers.

Order 66 in implementation.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
      Εmperor Palpatine had the same emergency and executive powers.

Order 66 in implementation.

in the past, like 10 years ago, I used to find people paranoiac who said Erdogan is evil and one day he'll seize full control and change the regime... I think even them did not expect this much.

This is our fault as a country. We gradually let this happen. Either we were naive and chose to ignore the warning signs, or we knowingly supported these guys as we wanted to live in a dictatorship that supported our world view. There was only one large scale, pure and brave attempt against AKP atrocities in 2013, the Gezi protests. It almost took down Erdogan, but eventually it could not, and having learned his lesson, Erdogan made sure a similar act can never happen again. Now wait to see any regular person who supported Gezi being taken down one by one. They'll find an excuse. Actually wait, with this latest act, they don't even need an excuse.
      Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-21-2016, 11:37 AM.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Enes Kanter changed his surname to Gulen:

After learning the news of his disownment by his father and family, Enes Kanter posted a response in his secondary Twitter profile, that he created after his officially account was withheld in Turkey.

so now it is confirmed what has been known by turkish members earlier, Kanter will surely never play for Turkey again..
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          Yes, the former football player, and former member of parliament from the ruling party. He's known with his ties to Gulen movement, just like Kanter.
          People of no caliber are demanding their death. Welcome to middle ages.
          Along with countless public officials, Turkey has now issued an arrest warrant for retired striker Hakan Sukur. He is accused of supporting US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, who Ankara says orchestrated the revolt.

wanted by Turkey, probably dead or alive.
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

I'm following the news from my country, and I cannot believe it. The general public seem to have completely bought this idea of FETO, and are finding lots of crime cases in the past that these guys had allegedly committed; i.e., re-writing he history a-la 1984. That's how the masses are manipulated, I guess. Only 45 days after the event, and Erdogan's ploy has almost completely been bought!.

No one seems to question the incredulity of the coup attempt any more. What the heck was these guys' plan if the coup was successful? (even if we ignore that it was designed to fail). Having no supporters left within government nor in public eyes, how could they survive? With a few judges and bureaucrats?

Erdogan is a genius level manipulator of masses, and we as a nation are way too predictable in our reactions. We're like that stupid fish in Marmara sea which keeps biting the shiny threads.

Comment

That's an admissible skepticism Levenspiel, everything is possible in Turkey. However, I am not on the same line with you on this after following the recent developments closely. At the beginning, I thought this is the another trick of Erdoğan who had brought few of his loyal high-ranking officers into action by making them performing a good theater. I thought like this because I was not aware of the huge power of Gülen in army. This type of thing couldn't be further from my mind, since I know the structure of army very well through my relatives (I have some close relatives in army). You have to internalize the Atatürk's reform and principles if you want to remain in army, as you most probably know too. However, what we have been hearing on TVs is really incredible. Gülen has secretly infiltrated the most important institutions of army too, which has always been considered as the most credible institution of the Republic. So, it doesn't sound the coup attempt was a ploy to me anymore by also taking into consideration the power conflict between Gülen and Erdoğan.

The thing is that the biggest guilty in this case is Erdoğan. He has simply fed the monster to damage all the streaks of this country to worm his way without falling out with army. He has reached his goal right now, he exploited Gülen very well and now he owns all the power in his hand. On the other hand, Gülen realized he had been losing his economical power, he thought that it is the right time to bring his ''golden generation'' into action. It was the last and the most damaging bullet of Gülen to keep his power. He played his last card, however he failed. That's how I look at the case shallowly.
              Last edited by slice me nice; 08-31-2016, 01:34 PM.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

First thought that Erdogan organized this coup byhimself I have a few Turkish friends every now and then the subject is also politics so I know a lot about Turkey.

Erdogan for a long time wanted to get rid of sekulist elements in the army, also Gülen just he didnt now how to do it with out getting criticism from the world, democracy etc.

After the coup Erdogan had Alibi which he waited for for a long time to clean the army and many other things. This is way I thought he did it byhimself.

Today I think that the wester world wos behind the coup since Erdogan is getting closer to Putin now but also a few explosions happened in Turkey before the coup (IS did it) and America controle IS no dubiety about it.

The coup failed bc the poeple saved him and they did so bc (do not matter if you like ERdogan or not) but the economy have rised in Turkey during the Erdogan era and this have big influence on the poeple it is very easy to say cheap tricks with Islam this and that but the ruth is the economy have rised people have better life today than 20 years ago.
                FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  That's an admissible skepticism Levenspiel, everything is possible in Turkey. However, I am not on the same line with you on this after following the recent developments closely. At the beginning, I thought this is the another trick of Erdoğan who had brought few of his loyal high-ranking officers into action by making them performing a good theater. I thought like this because I was not aware of the huge power of Gülen in army. This type of thing couldn't be further from my mind, since I know the structure of army very well through my relatives (I have some close relatives in army). You have to internalize the Atatürk's reform and principles if you want to remain in army, as you most probably know too. However, what we have been hearing on TVs is really incredible. Gülen has secretly infiltrated the most important institutions of army too, which has always been considered as the most credible institution of the Republic. So, it doesn't sound the coup attempt was a ploy to me anymore by also taking into consideration the power conflict between Gülen and Erdoğan.

The thing is that the biggest guilty in this case is Erdoğan. He has simply fed the monster to damage all the streaks of this country to worm his way without falling out with army. He has reached his goal right now, he exploited Gülen very well and now he owns all the power in his hand. On the other hand, Gülen realized he had been losing his economical power, he thought that it is the right time to bring his ''golden generation'' into action. It was the last and the most damaging bullet of Gülen to keep his power. He played his last card, however he failed. That's how I look at the case shallowly.
                  I don't claim to know things better at all, but to my eyes, Erdogan is the absolute devil, therefore I'm quite skeptic about anything he does

Gulen was powerful, that's clear. Probably more powerful than I have imagined, and army was their most critical target (holding the gun facilitates a lot of things). As you explained quite well, Erdogan and his followers greatly helped him, they nourished this monster and it's unbelievable to me that they did not know what they were doing. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they staged this.

No strategist myself, but I think a successful coup needs some kind of a public support. Who'd support these guys? it may be my lack of imagination, but I cannot think of any one. It needs also an underlying army support. Gulenist did have none of these, or very little of it. They were fooled into this act probably by Erdogan's intelligence agency (I just remembered the great movie, the Arlington Road). This created an excellent situation for Erdogan to get back the grip he was about to lose. Nobody is discussing now his fake diploma, nor the impeding or rather occurring economical crisis, nor millions of refugees any more. All forgotten, even though nothing has been fixed, and actually went worse.

This is a repeating pattern over the last 5-6 years. He keeps inventing new enemies, relying on our predictable reactions. an they work. :/

Comment

Gulen was powerful, that's clear. Probably more powerful than I have imagined, and army was their most critical target (holding the gun facilitates a lot of things). As you explained quite well, Erdogan and his followers greatly helped him, they nourished this monster and it's unbelievable to me that they did not know what they were doing. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they staged this.
                    That's a hypocrisy we need to focus on. They are arresting thousands of people whom they were connected closely once upon a time. Do they really think that every problem is going to be solved when they clean up the institutions from Gülenists? What about the ones who have turned blind eyes to Gülenist movements in public agencies? They should be the real target and this is posing a huge threat for the future too. They tend to hand over the reins to different religious movements in future. Typical political Islamist act. However, let's back to the real world, nobody will touch to these people since they are Erdoğan's close staffs and himself. These things are deeply investigated in a normal country, however what's funny that we are talking the coup's itself instead what has caused this mess, how have they gained this kind of control in army, why did the state yield its power to a nondescript religious movement. These things need to be talked, Erdoğan's 'we were fooled' theme public themes don't convince nobody.

No strategist myself, but I think a successful coup needs some kind of a public support. Who'd support these guys? it may be my lack of imagination, but I cannot think of any one. It needs also an underlying army support. Gulenist did have none of these, or very little of it. They were fooled into this act probably by Erdogan's intelligence agency (I just remembered the great movie, the Arlington Road). This created an excellent situation for Erdogan to get back the grip he was about to lose. Nobody is discussing now his fake diploma, nor the impeding or rather occurring economical crisis, nor millions of refugees any more. All forgotten, even though nothing has been fixed, and actually went worse
                    This is what I am asking to myself too. Which particular social groups would be their clappers? We need to study the coup statement which was published on TRT carefully. They were saying that 'Glorious Atatürk' at some part of the statement. They would most probably about to put on their Kemalist masks in order to be backed by a huge number of people. Let's don't forget, we know they are the member of Gülenist movement, just because they have failed. Otherwise, at first, they would seem the protector of the reforms until some point. I don't expect them to show their real face easily until they fully assign their authority and jurisdiction. When they think everything is set for Gülen, we would witness some kind of Humeyni return. Of course, not the one which is backing up by the people. That would be a chaos. So, first group to be aimed was Kemalists, my humbly interpretation. The Gülen's officers knew the power they hold in army was not sufficient for a successful coup. That's why they had tried to convince chief of general staff to sign the coup statement. A coup starting from chain of command would change a lot of things, they basically gambled, it didn't go at their sweet wills at all. Btw, yes we have all forgotten all those problems that we were talking before the coup. Ploy or not, unfortunately, Erdoğan has regained his power, and stronger than ever before.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information