Anadolu Efes 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozziem View Post
    I am watching Efes- Fener match, First half match is equal.
    Either Fener's level is down or Efes is playing better basketball. I can't decide. I hope Efes is playing better basketball than before.
    Do you know where I can check the boxscore of this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyonswim View Post
      Do you know where I can check the boxscore of this game?

What I can say about yesterday's Turkish Cup game, Efes Pilsen was the side dictating the game and tempo.
      This time they didn't just run and attack the rim, instead they balanced everything.
      Heurtel & Dogus playing on court together is the biggest difference maker last games.
      Dogus' full court pressure on the guards is the key... If you check the boxscore, he played 28 mins while JG and TH playing 24 mins. If DB didn't have 5 fouls he would hit 30+ mins easily.
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
        Who cares who leads the league... Efes will be humiliated again come playoff time
        I guess yesterday Fener was saving it's strength for the playoff time.
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
          I guess yesterday Fener was saving it's strength for the playoff time.
          Fener wanted to win match but they couldn't. There were some good things for Efes in Fener match.
          Efes played like a team and I haven't watched Efes like this for a long time.
          Main factor was Dogus Balbay. He provided team character. He must worked 3 points alot. If his 3 pt shoot performance increase, he could be very useful player.
          If Perasovic use Paul Brandon rightly in rotation, Efes has a really chance for f8.
          And we can battle in quarter final.

Happy yo see my team Efes played well yesterday and Althugh Fener wanted to win and concantre , they couldn't.
          long_term options
          *I like the possibility of EFES to reach f4
          *I hate Pao
          *don't want Greek loby in IBN
          *crazygreen is sympathetic interbasket citizen altough he is from greek loby.accepted Greek loby members:crazygreen,Fedfan,Mysh ArkadiosV2
          *turkish friends:wyopeq,ataman5, Levenspiel
          * protest İslamic goverment in Turkey because they force Efes PİLSEN to change its name, I drink more Efes beer after that against goverment.
          short term options
          *After Barac, Omic is silly player too .

Comment

What do you think about Banvit match that we lose, guys?
            If Alex Kirk played, would we have had chance to win? or nothing to do for Efes?
            Perasovic should have prefered Kirk instead of Thomas.
            And I change my option about Derric Brown. Normally, its too hard for me to change my option about player.
            Derric Brown is useful for all EL team but this is not valid for Thomas. Thomas can be useful in only some matches.

I hope we would play better than Banvit match in Baskonia match.
            long_term options
            *I hate Pao
            *crazygreen is sympathetic interbasket citizen altough he is from greek loby.accepted Greek loby members:crazygreen,Fedfan,Mysh ArkadiosV2
            * protest İslamic goverment in Turkey because they force Efes PİLSEN to change its name, I drink more Efes beer after that against goverment.
            short term options

Comment

Originally posted by ozziem View Post
              What do you think about Banvit match that we lose, guys?
              If Alex Kirk played, would we have had chance to win? or nothing to do for Efes?
              Perasovic should have prefered Kirk instead of Thomas.
              And I change my option about Derric Brown. Normally, its too hard for me to change my option about player.
              Derric Brown is useful for all EL team but this is not valid for Thomas. Thomas can be useful in only some matches.

I hope we would play better than Banvit match in Baskonia match.
              I was in the game. And I just wanted to go and punch Perasovic. Granger was having an off game, Huertel was having an off game. He kept them playing. When a player showed flashes he sub them out. He start with Balbay to all other games and Mutaf with this one? Seriously? Balbay should have start to wore down Theodore.

I appreciate Brown played good this game but I still dislike him. We see once again he can`t win game by himself but he plays so selfish at times goin for contested shots where there is still a lot of time. He is not a bad player but he needs a coach to control him.

Comment

Perasovic made two mistakes.
                1. Selecting 6 foreign players out of 8
                2. Starting Line up

Banvit has two 2 physically strong centers (Vidmar, Kulig) and 1 decent PF (Orelik). What did Efes do? Started the game with one center (Dunston) and 2 PFs
                Banvit has one PG (Theodore), but good core of SG (Chappel & Korkmaz) and SF (Muric & Gecim). What did we do? 3 PGs (Heurtel, Granger, Balbay), 1 SG (Can Maxim Mutaf) and 2 SFs (Cedi & Honeycutt).
                What I think it would be better if we had, Heurtel, Balbay, Brandon Paul, Can Maxim Mutaf, Cedi, Honeycutt, Brown, Geyik, Dunston, Kirk, Ogulcan, Demir.

From the selected roster ideal starting line up would be Granger, Balbay, Cedi, Brown, Dunston. Balbay can match with Theodore.

On the other hand there are some rumors for Nick Minnerath moving to Efes next season.

Don't know if this is true also there are news that Theodore will be naturalized in order to play for National Team. Then this would be a great add to any Turkish Team. Considering that he would select to play in Euroleague Fenerbahce & Efes will be the only two teams to fight for him.

Comment

Cedi, who played with 14 points on 6/10 sat in the last quarter against Uşak while lead of Efes slowly fade. I don`t understand the logic of Perasovic. You o for the same guys in every game and every game your lead diminishes in the th quarter.

Comment

Thomas Heurtel, Euroleague MVP for month of February...

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Comment

I will be in hall Brose match but Im afraid that we will lose. Brose will want to beat us a lot. If we lose, our top 8 chance will be over I think.
                      Bamberg beat Galatasaraya and Maccabi in away. First match we lose but we have Omic. Now We have Kirk and we are %15-%20 more power than first match.
                      I hope players are concantrating for match, otherwise we will lose .
                      long_term options
                      *I hate Pao
                      short term options

Comment

Btw does Cedi Osman really aim to play in the Cavaliers next year
                        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                          He is not ready yet for NBA. If he becomes just a bit sharper behind the 3pt line, he can be a role player. It would be stupid for him to leave now.
                          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                            He is a terrible shooter for this levels, if he thinks he can play at NBA in his current level then he is extremely confused. There is no chance for him to play in the NBA right now, he would just lost a 1 year. Even players like Bojan Bogdanovic hardly takes minutes in the NBA, and I am not even sure Bogdan Bogdanovic can be a role player in the NBA right now, Cedi Osman is a joke in comparison with these guys, he needs to be one of the top EuroLeague players first, then he can go to the NBA.
                            FENERBAHÇE
                            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Marco1907 View Post
                              He is a terrible shooter for this levels, if he thinks he can play at NBA in his current level then he is extremely confused. There is no chance for him to play in the NBA right now, he would just lost a 1 year. Even players like Bojan Bogdanovic hardly takes minutes in the NBA, and I am not even sure Bogdan Bogdanovic can be a role player in the NBA right now, Cedi Osman is a joke in comparison with these guys, he needs to be one of the top EuroLeague players first, then he can go to the NBA.
                              At the beginning of the year everyone was talking about what a disappointment Korkmaz is. He got away from Efes and played a major role in finals road of Banvit.

Cedi is being really misused in Efes. Remember the start of the season where he played with 45% from three. Than Perasovic developed a love for Honeycutt and Cedi became a guy to play 15 minutes without touching the ball a lot. I'm pretty sure he is not happy in Efes. Even when he plays good like he did yesterday, he can't see playing time in 4th quarter. Even when he did all he does is sadly watching Huertel or Brown taking shots with 15 second on the clock.

Beside that, Cedi have a more NBA style game than most European players. He is great in transition both in offence and defence. If he bulk up just a little he'll be a good defender. His shooting is the only concern. But like I said, Ithink beginning of the season proves he can be a sharp shooter in the right environment

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                                At the beginning of the year everyone was talking about what a disappointment Korkmaz is. He got away from Efes and played a major role in finals road of Banvit.

Cedi is being really misused in Efes. Remember the start of the season where he played with 45% from three. Than Perasovic developed a love for Honeycutt and Cedi became a guy to play 15 minutes without touching the ball a lot. I'm pretty sure he is not happy in Efes. Even when he plays good like he did yesterday, he can't see playing time in 4th quarter. Even when he did all he does is sadly watching Huertel or Brown taking shots with 15 second on the clock.

Beside that, Cedi have a more NBA style game than most European players. He is great in transition both in offence and defence. If he bulk up just a little he'll be a good defender. His shooting is the only concern. But like I said, Ithink beginning of the season proves he can be a sharp shooter in the right environment
                                That doesn't mean he can play there. Sinan Guler's style is also suitable for playing in the NBA but that doesn't mean he can actually play there. Because only elite players can play in the NBA, not even good ones. And I would prefer Sinan over Cedi Osman as of now, and you can understand how far Cedi from that level right now. Cedi needs to be a sharp shooter first if he wants to play at NBA. Because there are countless athletic players in the NBA, as for european players, not only they should be athletic they also need to shoot better than even others so they can play, that's how Bojan Bogdanovic is playing at the NBA right now, and even him isn't taking enough minutes. (8-10 minutes at best)

Cedi Osman played with 18 minutes average - 7.1 Pts 2.8 Rb 0.7 Asists in the Euroleague this season , this is far from being enough, he needs to play with at least 25 minutes average - 12 Pts - 5 Rb - 4 asists minimum. Cedi is too far from being one of the best of the Europe, and he has no chance at NBA. Let's take someone like Micov as SF, who played with 29 minutes - 11.2 Pts 3.6 Rb -2.4 Asists in the Euroleague, Cedi's stats aren't even good as Micov's and Micov isn't even one of the top SF of the Euroleague.
                                Last edited by Tevfik1907; 05-03-2017, 08:01 AM.
                                FENERBAHÇE
                                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information