Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3020

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    With all the news about excused players from Gilas practice because of mother team games, it clearly shows that the SBP is being held hostage by the PBA. The SBP should just make Gilas independent of the PBA like its first version. Have a team in the ABL or if the one team one country rule sticks then let the MVP Group co-manage it. We have enough players young enough and good enough but aren't tied up with the PBA. (Ravena, Parks, Paras, Edu, Sotto, Kirkness)
    agree. we have so much basketball talent surplus gone to waste. as for naturalization prospects, why not choose college imports like Mbala. cheaper alternatives for 3-4 positions.
    Help and support my video game mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Thegloryball View Post
    Greg smith would be great, but personally I still want a naturalized import in the mold of andray blatche 6'9 and above who can create his own shot and defend and can be our go to guy when the system is already not working at all because honestly aside from castro or maybe romeo, i can't see any other locals who can step up and scores consistently when needed especially against powerhouse teams.

Josh smith 6'9 (30), anthony randolph 6'11 (27), or even micheal beasley 6'9 (27) would be a good top tier candidates if we are looking for a player that can really take us to the next level.
    Randolph has already played for USA in the Pan-Am games
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by jp2k View Post
    SBP considering 2-3 PBA imports for naturalization. Can naturalized imports be able to play as locals in PBA Philippine Cup. What could be the arrangement?
    http://www.foxsportsasia.com/en-ph/n...ys-al-panlilio
    Nope. The PBA has a different rule. You should have a tinge of Filipino blood to be considered a local.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegloryball View Post
    Greg smith would be great, but personally I still want a naturalized import in the mold of andray blatche 6'9 and above who can create his own shot and defend and can be our go to guy when the system is already not working at all because honestly aside from castro or maybe romeo, i can't see any other locals who can step up and scores consistently when needed especially against powerhouse teams.

Josh smith 6'9 (30), anthony randolph 6'11 (27), or even micheal beasley 6'9 (27) would be a good top tier candidates if we are looking for a player that can really take us to the next level.
    Honestly I'm predicting a fully grown developed 20 year old 6'10 Hepa has the potential of being that player.
    Visit the page: Team New Zealand - Camp David : National Basketball Training Center (NBTC) National finals (March 2017, Manila) participants.
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Theoretical question for 2018 home and away ( 4 series), who would you prefer Blatche or Greg Smith ?http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...ralized-player

To me if your thinking of maximizing investment , given their age and resources and effort to naturalize through congress, this would be my 3 man naturalize pool-

1. Blatche (30 yrs - good for 2-4 more yrs)
    2. Greg Smith ( 26 yrs old - good for 5-8 yrs)
    3. Kameka Hepa ( 17 yrs old, will be ready in 3 yrs time and good for 15 more yrs- note no need to naturalize via congress) Not also Hepa can be used in next yrs U18 FIBA Asia, if we win that crown it will be the 1st since 1980?

I think it's unrealistic to apply for 3 new naturalize players through congress. Our congress men will be like, asa ka pa.
    Visit the page: Team New Zealand - Camp David : National Basketball Training Center (NBTC) National finals (March 2017, Manila) participants.
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by alfrancis View Post
    Nope. The PBA has a different rule. You should have a tinge of Filipino blood to be considered a local.
    to be honest, its a double standard...you ask someone to be naturalized yet you dont allow them to play as filipino in club level...

since a naturalized filipino is a filipino regardless of his ethnic background or country of origin...we are living in a globalized world...

im just trying to understand their logic...
    Help and support my video game mods:

I would only take blatche as our naturalized player for the next 10 yrs..

Seaba is just around the corner and I'm excited to see blatche lead the philippines to a championship..

they should consider Frank Kaminsky. The guy is starting to become a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki. 7 footer with good handles and can hit anywhere in the floor. Relatively young at 24 yrs old
    Last edited by kangpayomo; 04-20-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Quote Originally Posted by kangpayomo View Post
    they should consider Frank Kaminsky. The guy is starting to become a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki. 7 footer with good handles and can hit anywhere in the floor. Relatively young at 24 yrs old
    this would be a great choice of candidate
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Can we find a 19-23 yr old to naturalize? So that we can maximize the playing years haha

IMO i really like the playing style of Greg or Maybe Daniel Orton to be our naturalized player after blatche i hope we can find another blatche in the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    this would be a great choice of candidate
    If SBP cannot afford Kaminsky contract from the Hornets, maybe they can try Perry Jones III who currently plays in the D league. Same skillset with Blatche with a Greek freak body.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    To me if your thinking of maximizing investment , given their age and resources and effort to naturalize through congress, this would be my 3 man naturalize pool-

1. Blatche (30 yrs - good for 2-4 more yrs)
    2. Greg Smith ( 26 yrs old - good for 5-8 yrs)
    3. Kameka Hepa ( 17 yrs old, will be ready in 3 yrs time and good for 15 more yrs- note no need to naturalize via congress) Not also Hepa can be used in next yrs U18 FIBA Asia, if we win that crown it will be the 1st since 1980?

I think it's unrealistic to apply for 3 new naturalize players through congress. Our congress men will be like, asa ka pa.
    How about Christian Hermoso-Standhardinger as backup if Blatche is not available due to other commitment, naturalization of Smith and while waiting for Hepa to grow up. Is their any move of having Hermoso on board Gilas just like whatbis done with Wright?

Christian Standhardinger?

Gilas mulls adding Fil-foreign player to pool
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/...gn-player-pool

Quote Originally Posted by ZIMATAR View Post
    Christian Standhardinger?

Gilas mulls adding Fil-foreign player to pool
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/...gn-player-pool
    wild guess dwight ramos.. ?

Ramos brothers are both eligible right? i think its Christian Standhardinger or Stephen holts.

Stephen Holt!

Jordan Clarkson
    Kamaka Hepa
    AJ Edu
    Christian Stanhardinger
    Stephen Holt
    Aaron Craft
    Millora-Brown
    The Brother of Matt Rosser

hanap pa tayo lol

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Jordan Clarkson
    Kamaka Hepa
    AJ Edu
    Christian Stanhardinger
    Stephen Holt
    Aaron Craft
    Millora-Brown
    The Brother of Matt Rosser

hanap pa tayo lol
    ron harper jr, remy martin, artest

si AJ edu eligible so local yan lol

the tallest player we have in cadets is escoto in which he has acl and we'll probably see him next season of pba. 2nd tallest is AVO.. so it'll make sense if it's Standhardinger.. I would love to have holt as one of our fil-foreign ineligible player in our pool but we need at big man.

Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast