X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    kasalanan ni Lawrence "April Boy" Tiongson yan haha
    Is it Tiongson who posts in a pinoy run basketball forum?(PEX ?)
    Is he also here?

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
      Is it Tiongson who posts in a pinoy run basketball forum?(PEX ?)
      Is he also here?
      yep, he is a regular at PEX.. Don't know if he's here
      Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 03-16-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• No Blatche???

http://m.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/new...a-championship

Comment

• ...and nobody seems buying his "Paul-usot" this time.
          Following Pinoy Hoops While Doing The Laundry At The Same Time!
          #labapilipinas

Comment

• is this a guy who has a "knee injury"? lol paul lee

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              Free scout for opponents.. It's not necessarily to document everything.. kulang na lang they'll video the player/ who pees during break time
              Exactly!
              Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

• Maybe we should forget paul lee for gilas the same way most people here have forgotten super ubo as a gilas player, we have castro, romeo, ravena, and jalalon as the top gilas point guards anyway, we'll always need shooters regardless if we have plenty already in the pool, which makes maliksi a good addition, hopefully he and wright would make a good combination as the designated shooter
                Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

• Blatched is great but if we find a new naturalize player I think it must be a role player..a great rebounder and defender, good passer, and has a mid range shooting. In short we need a player that will blend to the team.
                  If force, speed, acceleration, gravity, distance and time can compute then why we used chances when it comes to dice. PROBABILITY is just an excuse for a complex computation.

Comment

• Originally posted by RONNEL View Post
                    Blatched is great but if we find a new naturalize player I think it must be a role player..a great rebounder and defender, good passer, and has a mid range shooting. In short we need a player that will blend to the team.
                    I think Alab thought of the same thing and look at them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerby View Post
                      I think Alab thought of the same thing and look at them now.
                      I think, before you even jump to such conclusion, you first have to assess if the team had really blended well. Secondly, are they executing well, and are the imports asserting themselves enough.
                      A great role import player, should have impact. you can do that if you are a really great defensive player, individually and team wise.
                      The alab imports are deferring TOO much to its local players. that is not really blending well considering that they are most assuredly being payed well than the locals.
                      Next to consider is that whether the coach is doing its darnest to coach reasonably at a high level. in all honesty, would you say Coach Mac is coaching at a high level?

other instances, we can give in to the breaks of the game and alab could not do anything about it. However, how do the players respond after setbacks? How do players carry themselves during times of losses and during crunch times? in these instances, a coach plays an important role. How great is he a motivator?

So in essence, @ronnels suggestion can be said to be not bad, given that our experience with blatche seems to put us out of rhythm.

Personally, in my opinion, blatche is a good fit to us, its just that we tend to have a mentality of recognizing or deferring to someone when we see that person as better than us or we think that person has been given the authority to do what he does. If we would act a little bit like ping and abueva, who works within the system but still insists on their personality, we as a team would turn out just fine in the Worlds and the Olympics.

Comment

• No one from alab asked for the imports to defer, they simply not performing(Romeo still scores alot even with 6'5 scorer imports) and if parkslocals struggles they are the ones should clean up the messes thru rebounding, cannot even neutralize their import counter parts..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• true, no one from alab asked the imports to defer to the locals, but based on what I have seen lately, they are somewhat deferring to the locals, and that is not a sign of a great role player import.
                          As you said, the alab imports can't even neutralize their import counterparts.
                          These imports are not doing a great job of being role players. Add to that what you mentioned that our players are simply "inaalat" then we have a good recipe for a skidding team.
                          Although, a having a good chemistry will help in this situation to lessen the impact of non-performance of a struggling team.

and as I said before, a great role player import for Gilas is one who makes an impact. a great impact defensively. I don't think the alab imports are even like that.

As to Romeo, this guy is built the same way like ping and abueva. he also insists on his personality. Its just that I think, ping and abueva plays more within the system than romeo. with romeo, the team and coach literally adjusts to him hahahaha

Comment

• A safe rule like the 20% rule applies to each position. You either score or rebound , or force errors 20% more than the guard, forward or center assigned to you, or you force your opponent to assist, score or rebound 20% less than his average per minute.

A coach would be happy with that. Any import or local who can apply the 30% rule to his game is worth good money.

Dami bobong coach, na di mapag sabihan ng maabot per game ang offense at defense expectations. Tingin ng player tuloy, okay lang magkalat. Guards nga di mapagsabihan na win handling at di lang ball handling ang expectation.
                            Last edited by charmed; 03-17-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Almazan is shooting threes!!!! he can use his both hand underneath the basket.
                              LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                              Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                                Almazan is shooting threes!!!! he can use his both hand underneath the basket.
                                and scored a couple of times attacking from the outside

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information