X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    So Rabeh is a legit Gilas prospect?
    i have always believe him to be a special player so much so that i mark the calender everytime he goes up against junmar. question is with him playing in Kuwait, does he lose legitimacy to be a national player here? another even more intriguing nlex player that gilas could take a look at is carlo lastimosa..if not for his inconsistent perimeter game.
    Idol ko na po ulit si Marcio Lassiter

Comment

• There really is no point in begging and waiting for the san miguel teams to volunteer their players. Factually, the improvement of the national team comes with rescinding and throwing away of the pba and sbp moa.

The sbp does not need it since only the few smc pro teams and alaska will not lend players. With its fiba-recognized REGULATORY authorities over all levels of pinoy basketball, the sbp can create a 50-100 person pool for national teams!

The sbp can ensure that no non-pro nt member can directly enter the pba without its written approval. Under its rule making authorities, the sbp can provide these nt pool members to pro teams willing to lend them for national team duties.

A lot of corporations interested in pro ball will like this, as it completely breaks the silent monopolization and cooptation by san miguel of the best big ballers and filams. You can imagine now any new corporate or rich provincial team capable of easily forming a team stronger than san miguel beer simply through sbp agreements.

The power of the sbp to license pro ballers and their matches cannot be questionned successfully. Remember, athletes like boxers are licensed, and their matches are regulated, to protect the athlete and the public. The sbp can enforce rules that any non-pro or pro athlete receiving under the table agreements for them and their families can be banned for years, as this practice is as harmful as game fixing.

You will also need a powerful sbp board chairman that san miguel cannot intimidate. A villar, sy, gokongwei, zobel or aboitiz as chairman can finally stop corrupt practices in cornering the best players.
      Last edited by charmed; 05-20-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by charmed View Post
        There really is no point in begging and waiting for the san miguel teams to volunteer their players. Factually, the improvement of the national team comes with rescinding and throwing away of the pba and sbp moa.

The sbp does not need it since only the few smc pro teams and alaska will not lend players. With its fiba-recognized REGULATORY authorities over all levels of pinoy basketball, the sbp can create a 50-100 person pool for national teams!

The sbp can ensure that no non-pro nt member can directly enter the pba without its written approval. Under its rule making authorities, the sbp can provide these nt pool members to pro teams willing to lend them for national team duties.

A lot of corporations interested in pro ball will like this, as it completely breaks the silent monopolization and cooptation by san miguel of the best big ballers and filams. You can imagine now any new corporate or rich provincial team capable of forming a team stronger than san miguel beer simply through sbp agreements.
        smc...sure, but a bit of a shocker was alaska. smh
        in terms of involvement with the national team, i have always admired alaska's CEO tho i still cant spell his name.
        Idol ko na po ulit si Marcio Lassiter

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerial Voyager View Post
          i have always believe him to be a special player so much so that i mark the calender everytime he goes up against junmar. question is with him playing in Kuwait, does he lose legitimacy to be a national player here? another even more intriguing nlex player that gilas could take a look at is carlo lastimosa..if not for his inconsistent perimeter game.
          afaik Rabeh and Japeth have played for the youth team before.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Rabeh and Japeth never played for our youth teams. The 2004 FIBA Asia U18 team only had Jervy Cruz and Mark Canlas as legit bigs, then we were suspended by FIBA from 2005 to 2007(?). By the time we were cleared to join FIBA tournaments, neither Japeth nor Rabeh were able to make the cut-off age.

Fun fact: the team we sent to SEABA in 2004 included the likes of Kevin Astorga, Ogie Menor, Jay-R Taganas, James Martinez, Dylan Ababou, and a little-known guard named Jayson Castro out of PCU. Only Ababou made it to the FIBA Asia roster.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

He's not even a legit PBA player anymore. So, short answer, no.
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by charmed View Post
                There really is no point in begging and waiting for the san miguel teams to volunteer their players. Factually, the improvement of the national team comes with rescinding and throwing away of the pba and sbp moa.

A lot of corporations interested in pro ball will like this, as it completely breaks the silent monopolization and cooptation by san miguel of the best big ballers and filams. You can imagine now any new corporate or rich provincial team capable of easily forming a team stronger than san miguel beer simply through sbp agreements.

The power of the sbp to license pro ballers and their matches cannot be questionned successfully. Remember, athletes like boxers are licensed, and their matches are regulated, to protect the athlete and the public. The sbp can enforce rules that any non-pro or pro athlete receiving under the table agreements for them and their families can be banned for years, as this practice is as harmful as game fixing.

You will also need a powerful sbp board chairman that san miguel cannot intimidate. A villar, sy, gokongwei, zobel or aboitiz as chairman can finally stop corrupt practices in cornering the best players.
                You're forgetting that SBP has always been the beggars in the relationship with the PBA.

Let's just stop watching the games, to continue what many have done recently, and hope PBA realizes their mistake.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  The guy was an all star recently lol..although it says about the selection process..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

PBA Player? How about Legit Filipino? lol
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                      PBA Player? How about Legit Filipino? lol
                      Is there a question with his Filipino citizenship? I thought his mother is a legit Pinay who was born and lives in the Philippines. His half brother, with his mom, is Carlo Sharma.

Comment

maybe...but only becos nlex is thin in young talent right now. their best players are on the wrong side of 30s.

those who are young enough are mallari and alas.

but mallari is ineligible while alas is a good prospect but we have too many pgs in d pool already.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          The guy was an all star recently lol..although it says about the selection process..
                          production and performance wise, he deserved the all-star call-up more than asi...

Comment

he is this conference...but i'd rather have gilas enlist malarri...perhaps he could play as our naturalized player in sea level if (a) we do not have an american reinforcement and (b) do not need the services of mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                              Is there a question with his Filipino citizenship? I thought his mother is a legit Pinay who was born and lives in the Philippines. His half brother, with his mom, is Carlo Sharma.
                              I was being sarcastic. I was questioning his willingness to play for flag at least in subtext. Ever since Gilas I, the guy has been a disappointment and unpredictable as far as commitments are concerned.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                                It depends on the program he will be there for classes and conditioning as far as team practice that's up to the coaching staff and AD.He can take some classes online while in the Philippines if they let him.Sometimes redshirt guys don't practice with the team cause there's too many guys already for this coming year.He can always take track during spring season to get faster and quicker then during summer weight training classes,instead of coming back to the Philippines hanging out with his shobiz buddies and doing bs commercials.He gotta make sacrfices to the point that both his body and mindset is ready for the next season.
                                I'm not sure that's how it works. If I recall correctly, students on scholarship (whatever kind) are required to be full-time students. He cannot simply take the plane to the PH whenever he feels like it. Not all classes can be offered online. I do agree that the guy needs to cut down on showbiz bullshit.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information