Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who would be your 3 candidates for naturalization?
    Help and support my video game mods:

Comment

• Originally posted by Thegloryball View Post
      Greg smith would be great, but personally I still want a naturalized import in the mold of andray blatche 6'9 and above who can create his own shot and defend and can be our go to guy when the system is already not working at all because honestly aside from castro or maybe romeo, i can't see any other locals who can step up and scores consistently when needed especially against powerhouse teams.

Josh smith 6'9 (30), anthony randolph 6'11 (27), or even micheal beasley 6'9 (27) would be a good top tier candidates if we are looking for a player that can really take us to the next level.
      i assume SBP is looking at a more cheaper alternative...meaning PBA imports willing to be naturalized.

Comment

• greg smith is ok.. but the problem is his free throw shooting. We don't like a shaq type of free throw percentage from our naturalize center.
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• With all the news about excused players from Gilas practice because of mother team games, it clearly shows that the SBP is being held hostage by the PBA. The SBP should just make Gilas independent of the PBA like its first version. Have a team in the ABL or if the one team one country rule sticks then let the MVP Group co-manage it. We have enough players young enough and good enough but aren't tied up with the PBA. (Ravena, Parks, Paras, Edu, Sotto, Kirkness)
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by live_evil View Post
            With all the news about excused players from Gilas practice because of mother team games, it clearly shows that the SBP is being held hostage by the PBA. The SBP should just make Gilas independent of the PBA like its first version. Have a team in the ABL or if the one team one country rule sticks then let the MVP Group co-manage it. We have enough players young enough and good enough but aren't tied up with the PBA. (Ravena, Parks, Paras, Edu, Sotto, Kirkness)
            agree. we have so much basketball talent surplus gone to waste. as for naturalization prospects, why not choose college imports like Mbala. cheaper alternatives for 3-4 positions.

Comment

Greg smith would be great, but personally I still want a naturalized import in the mold of andray blatche 6'9 and above who can create his own shot and defend and can be our go to guy when the system is already not working at all because honestly aside from castro or maybe romeo, i can't see any other locals who can step up and scores consistently when needed especially against powerhouse teams.

Josh smith 6'9 (30), anthony randolph 6'11 (27), or even micheal beasley 6'9 (27) would be a good top tier candidates if we are looking for a player that can really take us to the next level.
              Randolph has already played for USA in the Pan-Am games
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by jp2k View Post
                SBP considering 2-3 PBA imports for naturalization. Can naturalized imports be able to play as locals in PBA Philippine Cup. What could be the arrangement?
                http://www.foxsportsasia.com/en-ph/n...ys-al-panlilio
                Nope. The PBA has a different rule. You should have a tinge of Filipino blood to be considered a local.

Comment

Honestly I'm predicting a fully grown developed 20 year old 6'10 Hepa has the potential of being that player.
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Theoretical question for 2018 home and away ( 4 series), who would you prefer Blatche or Greg Smith ?http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...ralized-player
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• To me if your thinking of maximizing investment , given their age and resources and effort to naturalize through congress, this would be my 3 man naturalize pool-

1. Blatche (30 yrs - good for 2-4 more yrs)
                      2. Greg Smith ( 26 yrs old - good for 5-8 yrs)
                      3. Kameka Hepa ( 17 yrs old, will be ready in 3 yrs time and good for 15 more yrs- note no need to naturalize via congress) Not also Hepa can be used in next yrs U18 FIBA Asia, if we win that crown it will be the 1st since 1980?

I think it's unrealistic to apply for 3 new naturalize players through congress. Our congress men will be like, asa ka pa.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                        Nope. The PBA has a different rule. You should have a tinge of Filipino blood to be considered a local.
                        to be honest, its a double standard...you ask someone to be naturalized yet you dont allow them to play as filipino in club level...

since a naturalized filipino is a filipino regardless of his ethnic background or country of origin...we are living in a globalized world...

im just trying to understand their logic...

Comment

• I would only take blatche as our naturalized player for the next 10 yrs..

Seaba is just around the corner and I'm excited to see blatche lead the philippines to a championship..

Comment

• they should consider Frank Kaminsky. The guy is starting to become a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki. 7 footer with good handles and can hit anywhere in the floor. Relatively young at 24 yrs old
                            Last edited by kangpayomo; 04-20-2017, 11:54 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by kangpayomo View Post
                              they should consider Frank Kaminsky. The guy is starting to become a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki. 7 footer with good handles and can hit anywhere in the floor. Relatively young at 24 yrs old
                              this would be a great choice of candidate
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Can we find a 19-23 yr old to naturalize? So that we can maximize the playing years haha

IMO i really like the playing style of Greg or Maybe Daniel Orton to be our naturalized player after blatche i hope we can find another blatche in the next 5 years

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information