Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305
Results 6,081 to 6,092 of 6092

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I read this article about Peru football fans , that i really related to as similar to us Pinoy NT fans, here is the write-up , a good read LOL

Football is Peru's game. And they have been through 30 years of agony. They call themselves the kings of the choke, the South American Chicago Cubs. All they have is memories and the youth don't even have that. They actually don't know what it's like to be at a World Cup final.

Luis Miguel Echegeray, a lifelong supporter, wrote a beautiful column in the Guardian. He said, "For Peruvians, the only assurance that we have in life is that we make the best ceviche in the world and that we won't qualify for the World Cup. We are not even Cinderella – at least she made it to the ball."

The South Americans have endured 30 years of agony since they last played at a World Cup.

His mate Mariano Bustamente said, "As a Peruvian, rooting for the national team is like having a toxic ex-girlfriend. You know that every time you get back together, she's going to deceive you, she's going to cheat on you, but like a fool you forgive her, thinking that she will change. But she never changes, she just disappoints you, over and over again. But she'll return in four years, and again, like a fool you'll take her back."

Feeling sounds so familiar - like a toxic ex- girldfiend , we foolishly follow Gilas and hope things change one day
    This is dated material and so obsolete, only fools will give any merit.

The Chicago Cubs won the World Series last year, anyone into sports even with half a brain should know this. What a slight to Gilas to associate and imply almost into branding it with choking when only the coach can somewhat be accused of it to some degree. A disservice to the program and the millions of its diehard supporters.

Don't you answer to these people? --The benefit of wearing many hats... including the bayong. So cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    This is dated material and so obsolete, only fools will give any merit.

The Chicago Cubs won the World Series last year, anyone into sports even with half a brain should know this. What a slight to Gilas to associate and imply almost into branding it with choking when only the coach can somewhat be accused of it to some degree. A disservice to the program and the millions of its diehard supporters.

Don't you answer to these people? --The benefit of wearing many hats... including the bayong. So cool!
    Agree. Our frustration with Gilas is NOT about the ineptness of the team but about the behind-the-scenes machinations which make the team underperform. We qualified for the 2014 World Cup for crying out loud.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Agree. Our frustration with Gilas is NOT about the ineptness of the team but about the behind-the-scenes machinations which make the team underperform. We qualified for the 2014 World Cup for crying out loud.
    It's a dig to Gilas that is way below the belt, I didn't want it to stick to provide plenty material to Gilas bashers. Once in a while wayward comments destroy a brand if enough knuckleheads provide traction. I just hate for Gilas to put on this negative connotation, it has no purpose whatsoever to the pathway and plight of the national brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    so everyone in this thread is in the consensus that erram is really a good choice for gilas. nice to know. besides, we can get him easier for gilas campaign than either japeth and junmar. also, blackwater do not have pba veteran loan to gilas with the trade of art de la cruz. so for me, erram is good and realistic pick.
    I think even the coaching staff is aware that Erram is a good piece. The problem at the time was that he was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    I think even the coaching staff is aware that Erram is a good piece. The problem at the time was that he was injured.
    agreed. now, chot has no reason to left erram out of the gilas pool.

I have no quarrel with Erram being in the 24-man pool, but IMO he should first establish himself in a non-qualifier tournament (maybe WJC next year).
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    I have no quarrel with Erram being in the 24-man pool, but IMO he should first establish himself in a non-qualifier tournament (maybe WJC next year).
    just like almazan in seaba last year.

if that's the case, then erram should not be included next month. just field japeth, junmar, cs, almazan and rosario as bigs. then test erram in tournaments like dubai invitationals if gilas decides to participate there.

Japeth,Slaughter,Fajardo,Standhardinger and Erram perhaps? But I think Almazan's worth is already tested
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Japeth,Slaughter,Fajardo,Standhardinger and Erram perhaps? But I think Almazan's worth is already tested
    Agree with this frontline except for Erram. Erram has to wet his feet first in non qualifying tournaments. I would prefer Rosario or Almazan in his place.

Erram should still be included in the pool. I've managed to find some other clips of him with black water in an international tournament and he actually seems like a viable addition. Not to mention having more versatility at the 4/5 might give gilas more options like sliding Rosario or Almazan to 3 if they want to big and mobile.

Erram midrange over Chinese center
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbV6JA4dnc

Erram drive
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYygorYwgiQ

Another drive but and 1 against an Indian team
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4KjxfRsUMJI

Nice pass by Erram

There is something there
    Last edited by TheRodster21; 10-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Erram should still be included in the pool. I've managed to find some other clips of him with black water in an international tournament and he actually seems like a viable addition. Not to mention having more versatility at the 4/5 might give gilas more options like sliding Rosario or Almazan to 3 if they want to big and mobile.

Erram midrange over Chinese center
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbV6JA4dnc

Erram drive
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYygorYwgiQ

Another drive but and 1 against an Indian team

Nice pass by Erram

There is something there
    I think with Austin, Erram could be a good option because Austin plays mostly on the mid post or he faces up in the perimeter.Erram could wait on the post once Austin gets doubled or he will be the low post option but with Fajardo,Slaughter and Standhardinger(naturalized spot), I think having an Erram will be a redundancy.That is the reason why we have Japeth and Almazan as other options.Rosario will be another player that could be a face up guy as well because of his lack of bulk.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

JP Erram WAS part of the pool. Chot named him before but his injury forced the coach to drop him. So i'm sure he won't go unnoticed this time.

Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305