Page 251 of 305 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6083

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Back in the day Christian Stanhardinger was projected to be 6'8 national team small forward prospect, but it seems he has developed into an Inside player how time flies, just what if he played for Gilas 1 back then hehe

Hopefully, before fiba asia 2017 ends, we see all the Gilas bigs playing --- The Kraken, The Spraken, The Rock & Rollen, and The Supalpalen. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Roseblade13 View Post
    Back in the day Christian Stanhardinger was projected to be 6'8 national team small forward prospect, but it seems he has developed into an Inside player how time flies, just what if he played for Gilas 1 back then hehe
    His body bulked up like a tank -- The Pinoy Panzer!

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Hopefully, before fiba asia 2017 ends, we see all the Gilas bigs playing --- The Kraken, The Spraken, The Rock & Rollen, and The Supalpalen. ��
    No love for Gregzilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDurant View Post
    He just did in 2015. He played well. He'll settle down and will be fine.
    No one is questioning if Calvin is effective or played well in 2015 ( he did- i witnessed first hand facing him as manager of NZ team that played Gilas in the MVP cup), the question is he irreplacable. Remember in 2015 Gabe was in the roster , so Abueva didn't demonstrate that he can replace Gabe and make Gabe replacable. To me while Abueva arguably should be in the team for what he brings, he isn't a must and is repacable, Gabe at this point is a must and is still irreplacable.

His body bulked up like a tank -- The Pinoy Panzer!
    Pinoy Panzer is much better than dothraki

Quote Originally Posted by Roseblade13 View Post
    I so want to hear bsgermany's opinion on everything that is happening right now on CS. lol
    “Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.”
    ---- John Madden

ineresting news that Alapag is now the ALAB coach. If the draft does not favor MVP teams maybe some would skip the draft and play in the ABL....

Dukdaken!!

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    I so want to hear bsgermany's opinion on everything that is happening right now on CS. lol
    me too...lol
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    No one is questioning if Calvin is effective or played well in 2015 ( he did- i witnessed first hand facing him as manager of NZ team that played Gilas in the MVP cup), the question is he irreplacable. Remember in 2015 Gabe was in the roster , so Abueva didn't demonstrate that he can replace Gabe and make Gabe replacable. To me while Abueva arguably should be in the team for what he brings, he isn't a must and is repacable, Gabe at this point is a must and is still irreplacable.
    I'm completely resigned to the fact that Chot has not properly defined Calvin's role in this team.
    Forever a SPUR.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDurant View Post
    ineresting news that Alapag is now the ALAB coach. If the draft does not favor MVP teams maybe some would skip the draft and play in the ABL....
    Christian Standhardinger though will be playing for Hong Kong Long Lions. I wonder why Alab did not pursue him.

Quote Originally Posted by splitzapper View Post
    Christian Standhardinger though will be playing for Hong Kong Long Lions. I wonder why Alab did not pursue him.
    Looks like Alab management is still unwilling to spend enough money to put together a serious team.

... but didn't have to spend a cent to keep him out of RSA's reach.

I think it might work out for the better. We don't know yet the draft order. SMC might steal CS. The ABL will make it easier for the Pinoy Panzer to be Gilas available.

Yup, he'll play heavy minutes there but it's unlikely he'll come down with some case of well-timed pneumonia.

Better luck next time, SMC.

AHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    yes, i recall that bsgermany guy. i was lurking back then and i'd often chance on him getting into a fight with a local regarding christian.
    he liked to highlight the fact that pinoys are small and according to him even an average german f@ggot could beat up a regular pinoy straight guy any time.
    that was my lasting impression of him.

anyway, let bygones be bygones. christian is with us now. what i like about this fil-german is that he's always the Outstandinger and never the grandstandinger. dibs.....

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    I'm completely resigned to the fact that Chot has not properly defined Calvin's role in this team.

With the emergence of CBC,Calvin is pretty much expendable.CBC can get as physical and get in the head of his man,look at that Iraqi player to the bench he fumes.His offense at this level will get better and better,he's not Gabe,that's another player to look for but my money is on KP,with more experience he can handle the hot SFs on the other team with an offense to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Here is the thing, you have to balance the advantages and disadvantages of selecting Calvin as a role player. Note he's high maintinance ( he was the last player to report to practice for whatever reason (e.g. Alaska holding him back etc) , while cadets like Parks practice regularly long term with the team . For a player coming of the bench ( role player) which is what either Abueva or Parks roles will be , Given what it takes to have Calvin on board is a difficult ask regardless if he is indeed a better player than his cadet counterparts.

For the home and away games were there is little prep time, Calvin's situation is hard call to select him. (coaches need certainty of availbility to be able to prepare)

Wth is his cs agent doing..is like really shortening his cateer with his decisions..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 251 of 305 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast