This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Agree. Our frustration with Gilas is NOT about the ineptness of the team but about the behind-the-scenes machinations which make the team underperform. We qualified for the 2014 World Cup for crying out loud.
    It's a dig to Gilas that is way below the belt, I didn't want it to stick to provide plenty material to Gilas bashers. Once in a while wayward comments destroy a brand if enough knuckleheads provide traction. I just hate for Gilas to put on this negative connotation, it has no purpose whatsoever to the pathway and plight of the national brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      so everyone in this thread is in the consensus that erram is really a good choice for gilas. nice to know. besides, we can get him easier for gilas campaign than either japeth and junmar. also, blackwater do not have pba veteran loan to gilas with the trade of art de la cruz. so for me, erram is good and realistic pick.
      I think even the coaching staff is aware that Erram is a good piece. The problem at the time was that he was injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
        I think even the coaching staff is aware that Erram is a good piece. The problem at the time was that he was injured.
        agreed. now, chot has no reason to left erram out of the gilas pool.
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

• I have no quarrel with Erram being in the 24-man pool, but IMO he should first establish himself in a non-qualifier tournament (maybe WJC next year).
          “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
            I have no quarrel with Erram being in the 24-man pool, but IMO he should first establish himself in a non-qualifier tournament (maybe WJC next year).
            just like almazan in seaba last year.

if that's the case, then erram should not be included next month. just field japeth, junmar, cs, almazan and rosario as bigs. then test erram in tournaments like dubai invitationals if gilas decides to participate there.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• Japeth,Slaughter,Fajardo,Standhardinger and Erram perhaps? But I think Almazan's worth is already tested
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                Japeth,Slaughter,Fajardo,Standhardinger and Erram perhaps? But I think Almazan's worth is already tested
                Agree with this frontline except for Erram. Erram has to wet his feet first in non qualifying tournaments. I would prefer Rosario or Almazan in his place.

Comment

• Erram should still be included in the pool. I've managed to find some other clips of him with black water in an international tournament and he actually seems like a viable addition. Not to mention having more versatility at the 4/5 might give gilas more options like sliding Rosario or Almazan to 3 if they want to big and mobile.

Erram midrange over Chinese center
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbV6JA4dnc

Erram drive
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYygorYwgiQ

Another drive but and 1 against an Indian team
                  Blackwater big man JP Erram takes his Indian defender to school at the post for an and1 play in the Elite's 113-70 demolition of Karnataka State on June 6, 2...

Nice pass by Erram
                  Blackwater big man JP Erram takes his Indian defender to school at the post for an and1 play in the Elite's 113-70 demolition of Karnataka State on June 6, 2...

There is something there
                  Last edited by TheRodster21; 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                    Erram should still be included in the pool. I've managed to find some other clips of him with black water in an international tournament and he actually seems like a viable addition. Not to mention having more versatility at the 4/5 might give gilas more options like sliding Rosario or Almazan to 3 if they want to big and mobile.

Erram midrange over Chinese center
                    Blackwater big man JP Erram shows his shooting range as he buries a jumper against 7-foot Chinese defender in their match against Zhejiang Chouzhou-China in ...

Erram drive
                    Blackwater big man JP Erram drives hard to the basket and draws a foul from India's slotman in the Elite's match against Karnataka State in the 2016 Penang C...

Another drive but and 1 against an Indian team

Nice pass by Erram

There is something there
                    I think with Austin, Erram could be a good option because Austin plays mostly on the mid post or he faces up in the perimeter.Erram could wait on the post once Austin gets doubled or he will be the low post option but with Fajardo,Slaughter and Standhardinger(naturalized spot), I think having an Erram will be a redundancy.That is the reason why we have Japeth and Almazan as other options.Rosario will be another player that could be a face up guy as well because of his lack of bulk.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• JP Erram WAS part of the pool. Chot named him before but his injury forced the coach to drop him. So i'm sure he won't go unnoticed this time.

Comment

• For 2018 June and beyond if we can have this core available

Kierfer
                        Romeo
                        Wright
                        Pogoy
                        Parks
                        Rosario
                        Austin
                        Paras
                        AJ Edu

and take just one big from the SMB group (Greg, Junmar or Japs)

I'm good with that , Gilas can work with that
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Can the PBA adapt and at least review this 1 player/ team policy? We've been hit hard by this hagop rule already, surely this policy shouldn't add to our woes. This policy is self destructive... likened it to self mutilation or worse suicide. Is SBP spineless?
                          " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• The likes of Pringle, JDV and Slaughter have every right to be eligible to play for the national team. We must make a stand to FIBA. The signs are ominous. We can't afford to send a handicapped team and leave it again and again to the last minute when our backs are already against the wall before we get our acts together. When do we ever learn? I'm sorry to say but we are super tired of moral V's.
                            " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
                              Can the PBA adapt and at least review this 1 player/ team policy? We've been hit hard by this hagop rule already, surely this policy shouldn't add to our woes. This policy is self destructive... likened it to self mutilation or worse suicide. Is SBP spineless?
                              With that heavily worded official statement from TNT, for sure Commi and SMC will have their revenge. The collateral damage is Gilas. For sure no Slaughter, Fajardo, Aguilar and maybe Standhardinger.

Worst case scenario of no CS and SMC biggies, I dont know where will Gilas be come H and A.

Remaining serviceable biggies could be, Almazan, Erram, Rosario, Williams and CBC. Then add Norwood, Maliksi, Wright, Pogoy, Castro, Ravena and Romeo. Without a naturalized player, this team is hard-pressed to even beat Taiwan and will surely lost to Japan. Goodbye, World Cup!!!

Comment

• ^
                                Well Nov 3 i(1st offical practice) is 4 days away , will find out fast whose available
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information