Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 2,621 to 2,628 of 2628

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Chot should have put his foot down and named a 15 man pool for the seaba, pull them out of the pba and maybe as compensation for the players that will train and play for gilas, pba teams w/gilas players should be allowed to tap another import (no height limit)
    Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

mahilig sa last minute

Trans: some pinoys does that.. 2 months before tournament preparation huh..

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    kulang na nga naman e pati pag-tae ng mga players e kunan ng video

http://m.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/opi...-puso-rhapsody
    Pang instagram at twitter ni coach chot yung gilas stint niya
    Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

I wonder how our most dominant big man Junmar handle Meralco's Stepheson. ��
    Marcio Lassiter's excuse on not joining national duties log History:
    Before Joining PBA:
    Gilas 1.0-Recruited by the program.
    After being drafted in the PBA:
    Gilas 2.0-Didn't want to take away the slot of other players despite a clear need for an upgrade.
    Gilas 3.0-(Remind me again please)
    Gilas 4.0-Super Ubo

Quote Originally Posted by Aerial Voyager View Post
    JuneMar Fajardo doesn't strike me as a person lacking in mental development to overcome obstacles impeding his way to fulfillment and progression.

That said, there's two plus one main fronts when he gears up for battle against Meralco import Stephenson, strength, speed plus endurance. He is obviously not going to win in the first one, but he could easily eke out an advantage in the next, in speed-- and at this stage of the race, things considered, most especially familiarity and acclimation, he also nudges the Meralco import on endurance by far and wide.

JuneMar studies tape on Stephenson and puts away DOTA for a few, it's an easy knockout.

Now, if he goes against the grain and be stupid about the mental aspect of the game and rely on out-muscling Stephenson, the reincarnation of the Hulk in Meralco shorts and add to that, a two-time former NBA roster member, then so be it... he gets better at DOTA.

IMHO, he does what's expected and outplay the guy with a combination of strength and athleticism that goes well with great effort at creativity and finesse learned years ago from none other than the "elegant" one, watch out! It'll be a site to behold, one that has eluded establishing in Filipinos minds one way or the other! ...but mainly, maybe because of being on the other side from the MVP family, not to digress any further, this would silence his critics to a great length and once and for all give him his just due, that he can do well in conferences with imports his size, wider, larger or both!

Of course, not unless coach Austria throws in a pickle-- sending a switcheroo all night long playing cat and mouse with him being only fielded when the other is on the bench taking a breather and Gabby Espinas enjoying a monster role. Oh, well...

Now that'll be a bad scenario, states so strongly which side his coach favors on the question of his worth during tall import conferences.

when will they face?
    Hindi ko sya mahanap

This is what I like in an import-laden conference where the imports tall & big. Those big & tall imports are going to test the mettle of our top local centers like Fajardo & Slaughter. This gives me some sort of a gauge of how Fajardo & Slaughter will fare in international basketball as these big imports, more or less, simulate the centers of our opponents.

That is why its not a big deal for me seeing Fajardo or Slaughter registering eye-popping stats in an All-Filipino conference where they would usually be matched-up with just 6-foot-5 to 6-foot-6 centers. It doesn't give me a hard-on seeing Fajardo scoring 35 pts. and hauling 20 rebs. while being matched-up against a Beau Belga, Ian Sanggalang or a Sonny Thoss. What would really impressed me is seeing Fajardo & Slowter holding their own against a Stepheson, Smith or Taggart.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus," or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

lol we are salivating matchup of junmar against second rate players.. asia pacific is much bigger comp now..

we dont salivate eye popping stas in any conf if its all filipino oe import laden and the way junmar performed last all filipino who gave way to his guards to take charge the offense and just focus on dirty job is commendable..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132