Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225
Results 4,481 to 4,488 of 4488

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by PacificRims View Post
    Does anybody know what is happening to Bobby Ray Parks? It looks like the Monstars got his skills or something. Hahaha
    He is fully invested in defense and be a good team mate to gilas..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    He is fully invested in defense and be a good team mate to gilas..
    I'm aware of his efforts on defense, but he didn't make life hard for Iraq's import yesterday. Chot had to sub Pogoy for Parks, because the import was going off.

Quote Originally Posted by PacificRims View Post
    I'm aware of his efforts on defense, but he didn't make life hard for Iraq's import yesterday. Chot had to sub Pogoy for Parks, because the import was going off.
    Not totally correct, as Mayfield really had a hard time against Parks in the beginning of their matchup. Mayfield is a veteran so he quickly figured out Parks' defense and was able to adjust accordingly. Mayfield can adjust on the fly, so we had to use Parks, Kobe, and Pogoy against him. Good thing Iraq is still at a low skill level, so Mayfield's teammates were unable to pick up the slack.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Not totally correct, as Mayfield really had a hard time against Parks in the beginning of their matchup. Mayfield is a veteran so he quickly figured out Parks' defense and was able to adjust accordingly. Mayfield can adjust on the fly, so we had to use Parks, Kobe, and Pogoy against him. Good thing Iraq is still at a low skill level, so Mayfield's teammates were unable to pick up the slack.
    The gameplan is to mayfield go on his own (because teh only way they can won is somehow nag ala mejri and haddadi yun mga big men nila).. 2nd half was really unventful and a won game already, what pisses about parks play is its a no no against elite teams..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I was expecting allot from Parks Jr. Bad sadly he is still a dissapointment. I thought he will be a good scorer and slasher, but he is soft and he rather pass and contented to play defense. His defense is not good either. I think he lacks guts. I don't know if its because of NU and UAAP or that is really what he is.

Sayang,i notice that he has the same stance and same shooting style and moves with Sacramento Rookie De'Aaron Fox, but De'Aaron Fox has more guts and is a pure slasher and has good shooting from the perimeter.

But he is just 24, so there is still room for improvement. I think he was a better player in Highschool.

I suddenly found myself following Amer's ascent. This is a guy that wasn't even worthy of a slot in the SEA Games two years ago, and now here he is turning heads. He continues his strong play from last conference by debuting with 20 pts, 8 asts game today. Kudos to whoever is training Baser Amer (Alapag?), his exponential improved play might prove beneficial for Gilas in the future.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

too late but still happy 10 years(lifting of suspension/ban..), Philippine Basketball!

(young norwood and kwill vs the young bharami bros)

i remember back then, one of the biggest problems of the coaching staff is who should they pick and cut from the overloaded talent in pool. Now it's who will be available..
    You can't always be the best, but you can always do your best

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    too late but still happy 10 years(lifting of suspension/ban..), Philippine Basketball!

(young norwood and kwill vs the young bharami bros)

i remember back then, one of the biggest problems of the coaching staff is who should they pick and cut from the overloaded talent in pool. Now it's who will be available..

It even boiled down between Renren Ritualo and James Yap for the final cut, 2007 Team Philippines.

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225