Page 290 of 295 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 5899

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Since we're talking about imports , might as well give out a clue, will see a new bread of a game changing import in the local sceane soon
    Boss, maybe U mean breed?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Boss, maybe U mean breed?
    need to turn of predictive text

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Its the NBA. Their locals are generally the best players in the world. Why do they have to restrict foreigners. Korea, China have their restrictions on foreigners. I think there should only be two conferences, one AFC and one with an import of unrestricted height. That should be enough.
    People want more championships in real life i want my company to.have three seasons /conference a year
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

^
    The import flavored 2nd conference, should at least have a special classification for "college resident imports" . Not just for the sake for giving foreigners who invested time in the country the opporuntiy, but i actually think it will add to the PBA draw, local fans still find association with these resident imports. especially alumni fans of colleges

Take a cue from the Cooks Asia cup team- Bright and Austin. let the wiiner represent us in the Asia cup for good measure

^
    The import flavored 2nd conference, should at least have a special classification for "college resident imports" . Not just for the sake for giving foreigners who invested time in the country the opporuntiy, but i actually think it will add to the PBA draw, local fans still find association with these resident imports. especially alumni fans of colleges

Take a cue from the Cooks Asia cup team- Bright and Austin. let the wiiner represent us in the Asia cup for good measure

Agree with this, but before doing that, let us have a Kuya Marcus rule and the Long Rule where the naturalized, and non-pinoys like long can play as locals in the pba.
    After that, then let us do the compton rule - where the likes of resident local imports can play in the pba.

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Agree with this, but before doing that, let us have a Kuya Marcus rule and the Long Rule where the naturalized, and non-pinoys like long can play as locals in the pba.
    After that, then let us do the compton rule - where the likes of resident local imports can play in the pba.
    Yeah these rules should be implemented, get rid of the archaic rules of racially classifying players as who can / cannot play in the PBA as a local or import:
    (1) natural-born Filipinos - can play as LOCALS
    (2) homegrown Fil-Foreigners like Abueva and Castro - can play as LOCALS
    (3) foreign-born/grown Filipinos like Alapag, Cabagnot and Caguoia - can play as LOCALS
    (4) foreign-born/grown Fil-Foreigners like Norwood, Tautuaa, and Wright - can play as LOCALS but with Fil-Foreigner cap per team
    (5) naturalized Filipinos like Blatche and Douthit - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    (6) Foreigners born and grew in the Philippines like Compton and Long - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    (7) Foreigners who play collegiate leagues - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    Help and support my video game mods:

Quote Originally Posted by jp2k View Post
    Yeah these rules should be implemented, get rid of the archaic rules of racially classifying players as who can / cannot play in the PBA as a local or import:
    (3) foreign-born/grown Filipinos like Alapag, Cabagnot and Caguoia - can play as LOCALS
    (4) foreign-born/grown Fil-Foreigners like Norwood, Tautuaa, and Wright - can play as LOCALS but with Fil-Foreigner cap per team
    (5) naturalized Filipinos like Blatche and Douthit - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    (6) Foreigners born and grew in the Philippines like Compton and Long - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    (7) Foreigners who play collegiate leagues - cannot play as LOCALS but can play as IMPORTS (if they meet the height restrictions)
    5, 6 and 7 should also be allowed to play as locals. They are all Filipinos by law or by affinity. Barring them from playing as locals is also racial classification.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    5, 6 and 7 should also be allowed to play as locals. They are all Filipinos by law or by affinity. Barring them from playing as locals is also racial classification.
    Agree. Problem is that the Filipinos are still stuck with the 'Pinoy by blood only' mentality. Foreigners living here for a long time are still viewed as aliens although they are more 'Pinoy at heart' than the Fil-Shams who never had an idea about the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by jp2k View Post

I agree. Capping per team in #4 should be removed. Nowadays, with the security and safety that is the D-League and Gilas Pilipinas representation, the PBA should be removing the cap on Fil-Fors born outside the PHLs.
    We have better scouting nowadays, and market demand will always dictate that there should be "homegrown locals" in a team, otherwise, that "import" kuno teams will have no fan following.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    5, & 6 should be treated as locals. There are just a few of them, and by virtue of law or by proving their love for the PHLs, it is but reasonable that they should be treated as locals.

As to #7, I would surmise that they should only be treated as resident locals. Players like Mbala, will be given a chance to represent their country for FIBA Qualifiers, so I don't really believe that they should be given pure local status. However, by virtue of them almost being like those people in #6, I think they should be given the Resident Local status. That is, they are residing locals in the PHL, hence given the opportunity to play in the PBA. However, there should be capping as far as they are concerned. maybe something like 2 Resident Local per team.

With these, the PBA will be really freaking competitive. And it will be harder to horde players, because there are so many to choose from hehehehe.
    Heck, a team may be purely Fil-fors born outside the country + 2 resident locals, and another team composed of purely fil-fors born in the PHLs, and another team purely made up of homegrown local talents. that would be one hell of a PBA if you tell me

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    I agree. Capping per team in #4 should be removed. Nowadays, with the security and safety that is the D-League and Gilas Pilipinas representation, the PBA should be removing the cap on Fil-Fors born outside the PHLs.
    We have better scouting nowadays, and market demand will always dictate that there should be "homegrown locals" in a team, otherwise, that "import" kuno teams will have no fan following.

5, & 6 should be treated as locals. There are just a few of them, and by virtue of law or by proving their love for the PHLs, it is but reasonable that they should be treated as locals.

As to #7, I would surmise that they should only be treated as resident locals. Players like Mbala, will be given a chance to represent their country for FIBA Qualifiers, so I don't really believe that they should be given pure local status. However, by virtue of them almost being like those people in #6, I think they should be given the Resident Local status. That is, they are residing locals in the PHL, hence given the opportunity to play in the PBA. However, there should be capping as far as they are concerned. maybe something like 2 Resident Local per team.

With these, the PBA will be really freaking competitive. And it will be harder to horde players, because there are so many to choose from hehehehe.
    Heck, a team may be purely Fil-fors born outside the country + 2 resident locals, and another team composed of purely fil-fors born in the PHLs, and another team purely made up of homegrown local talents. that would be one hell of a PBA if you tell me
    for me, we should pattern pba with nznbl. therefore, the teams' composition are as follows:

eligible - those players that can play in fiba as locals;
    1 naturalized - those filipino players that failed to secure passport before reaching the age of 16;
    1 resident foreigner - those foreign players that reside, played and studied in the philippines and;
    1 import - those who do not include in the above-mentioned.

they are only have 1 per each classifications. the rest of the team are eligibles. they should practice it. the eligibles should occupy the most spots in the team.

for me, pba is very much a part of the player pathway for eligible filipino players, where gilas and potential gilas can play and develop as players. For that reason, it is intended that pba teams have a majority of players that are able to represent the philippines.

For me, those who are ruled ineligible by the FIBA to play as local for the Philippine team should also be ruled ineligible to play in the PBA as a local. Why? So that the family of the below 16 years old Fil-foreigners based in abroad are "matauhan" to get them Philippine passport, it is a win-win situation for the Gilas and the young basketball player, he will have an option to play in PBA in the future if he will be not good enough for NBA(Millora-Brown) and also a good addition to the Gilas pool..

^wow ha. taas ng tingin sa sarili. as if there are no better optons other than this third world shthole of a country.

I really hope that our naturalize players will be allowed more to play in the PBA so we will not have any problems with there availability. If Austin will be selected as naturalize player, i hope PBA will give a leeway and allow him to play in PBA. That is why i hope pba remove the height limit rule for imports.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    For me, those who are ruled ineligible by the FIBA to play as local for the Philippine team should also be ruled ineligible to play in the PBA as a local. Why? So that the family of the below 16 years old Fil-foreigners based in abroad are "matauhan" to get them Philippine passport, it is a win-win situation for the Gilas and the young basketball player, he will have an option to play in PBA in the future if he will be not good enough for NBA(Millora-Brown) and also a good addition to the Gilas pool..
    It's one thing for a foreign entity (FIBA) to not honour our citizenship laws, it's another thing all together for a local entitiy (PBA) to not honour the citizenships laws of the country it operates in. By penalizing legitimate Filipino citizens like say Artest or Tio who failed to get his passport before 16 to be ineligible to play as a local in the PBA that's essentially what you're doing.
    Visit the page: Team New Zealand - Camp David : National Basketball Training Center (NBTC) National finals (March 2017, Manila) participants.
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Since we're talking about imports , might as well give out a clue, will see a new bread of a game changing import in the local sceane soon

I am curious, who is this import? Half pinoy? Is he for Gilas?

It's one thing for a foreign entity (FIBA) to not honour our citizenship laws, it's another thing all together for a local entitiy (PBA) to not honour the citizenships laws of the country it operates in. By penalizing legitimate Filipino citizens like say Artest or Tio who failed to get his passport before 16 to be ineligible to play as a local in the PBA that's essentially what you're doing.
    For me what is the use of being one of the best players in PBA if you can't represent your country as a local player. China's CBA Asian imports are those players who are also FIBA eligible. Well we all know that PBA is pure business, don't give a damn if you are a FIBA eligible or not as long as you are a natural born pinoy and can provides entertainment and competition to draw more gate attendance..

For me what is the use of being one of the best players in PBA if you can't represent your country as a local player.
    To give them livelihood. They are still Pinoys and can work in our country as locals like the homegrowns.

These Fil-Foreigners are already discriminated in the countries where they come from; we'll also discriminate them here? Where will they go then?

that'll be discrimination.. not all filipinos living outside philippines are informed about that and some won't even bother to have philippine passport. it's like no half foreign aussies are allowed to play in nbl if you don't have australian passport prior to age 16. NBL will criticize for that.

allow a half foreign player to play for pba eventhough they got their passport after aged 16. For some ineligibles, PBA is their fall back option just like pringle and CS..

PBA will criticize if you don't allow a fil-foreign to play for PBA if he doesn't have a philippine passport at aged 16. discriminate na nga PBA and you suggest this. It'll bring more criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    that'll be discrimination.. not all filipinos living outside philippines are informed about that and some won't even bother to have philippine passport. it's like no half foreign aussies are allowed to play in nbl if you don't have australian passport prior to age 16. NBL will criticize for that.

allow a half foreign player to play for pba eventhough they got their passport after aged 16. For some ineligibles, PBA is their fall back option just like pringle and CS..

PBA will criticize if you don't allow a fil-foreign to play for PBA if he doesn't have a philippine passport at aged 16. discriminate na nga PBA and you suggest this. It'll bring more criticism
    it is not a form of discrimination if we allocated 1 slot for an ineligible. that's the reason why it is imperative they should be classified as naturalized players. besides, we are also in compliance with the fiba rules and regulations about the eligibility of players with dual nationality. these serve as governing internationally in international basketball and we should follow it unless someone challenge it and file a petition to the court of arbitration for sports or someone sponsor an amendment with the rules. but for now, we should abide with that rules since implicitly, it overrides our municipal laws.

again we are not depriving those ineligibles from playing, we are just limiting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

I know it sounds discrimination but it is for the goodness of Philippine national basketball team. Kudos to the family and handlers of AJ Edu, Kirkness and other Fil-foreigners who gotten their Philippine passport before they turn 16. Old Fil-foreigners like Ross, Cabagnot, Standhardiner, Pringle, Holt and others are excluded because they are already above 16 years old when the Hagop rules take effect, but for the new generation fil-foreigners, I think they are the one who should not be eligible to play in PBA if they are not FIBA eligible.. Imagine all PBA players are eligible to play in Gilas but there is other problem, SMB.. sigh

Page 290 of 295 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292 ... LastLast