This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems to be the 12 man pool for the special draft
    The 12 hopefuls -Mike Tolomia, Russel Escoto, Arnold Von Opstal, Kevin Ferrer, Mac Belo, Roger Pogoy, Jio Jalalon, Von Pessumal, Ed Daquioag, Carl Bryan Cruz, former Blackwater cager Almond Vosotros and ABL veteran Matthew Wright.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
      Ugh, people here tend to look at the negatives.

You give emphasis on the meltdowns, but not how Gilas 2.0 generally performed.

With that aside, let's all hope he improves in the PR aspect (those rants vs Japeth on Twitter were uncalled for) which I am sure of because he spent a lot of time as a TV executive.

Also, I guess we'll see more of Jayson Castro who will definitely be called out of retirement any time soon

And yes, don't include Japeth into the pool kung di mo man lang gagamitin.
      *Peace

chot will bring out the best of the players like the 2013 aguilar, the 2014 fajardo. let's see in his 3rd stint. for sure he learned his lessons very well from 2014.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
        To DT: Agree. I also thought the none inclusion of Calvin and limited to no playing time of Aguilar were Tab's mistake ( with the 2 players raw talent, he failed to adjust )
        match up wise aguilar is useful against france. Abueva with his immaturity at times, can be useful in defending the perimeter against nzl and france.

sigpic

Comment

• With this change, i think a hybrid Cadets-PBA will be used in the important home-and-away games. (PBA, meaning MVP teams only unless PBA has a different MOA)
          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
            With this change, i think a hybrid Cadets-PBA will be used in the important home-and-away games. (PBA, meaning MVP teams only unless PBA has a different MOA)
            Narvasa the puppet should man up his words that the PBA will support the gilas 100% and all the teams will lend

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              Narvasa the puppet should man up his words that the PBA will support the gilas 100% and all the teams will lend
              i don't think the "great" crowd in the Meralco-Ginebra series will save Narvasa from being fired. Or so i hope.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• for me. at least one per team

GPBP - Romeo
                SMB - Fajardo
                BGSM - Aguilar, Thompson
                Star - Lee, Barroca
                ROS - Almazan, Norwood, Cruz
                Alaska - Abueva
                TNT - Castro, MGR, Troy, Tautuaa(back up naturalized)
                Mahindra - Dehesa

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  i don't think the "great" crowd in the Meralco-Ginebra series will save Narvasa from being fired. Or so i hope.
                  so who will replace narvasa if ever?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                    You do know that a lot of time is needed to learn the triangle offense and time isn't what you have during short tournaments, right?

I do remember Tim Cone-coached teams not doing well during the first few PBA games of the season or conference, and early losses are something we cannot afford in short international tourneys.
                    Don't you pigeon-hole the guy as strictly a triangle offense coach. No proof to that.

The whole of this third conference, Tim Cone has made adjustments all tournament long to get to the big dance, even discarding the triangle to achieve this mark, now, that's what you may call coaching the Pinoy way, unlike TAB's, coach by numbers, LOL.

As far as Chot's, maybe as someone here have already pointed out, if he do away with playing favorites then we may have a fresh start which can launch into something a bit more positive later on for the side of Gilas. But then again, great coaching has little less to do with motivational speeches than game by game adjustments and the knack for winning-- the real key here!

Cone's the guy. He deserves a second crack and the basketball world needs a sampling and an introduction to the greatest living coach that Pinoy professional league can offer.

If given a choice, I'd rather not be a party to the old meltdowns that more than likely is a guaranteed occurrence to follow Chot's track until he sees his very last days of coaching... like a bad habit. Don't rightly know, I just have a bad gut feel to this Chot's "re-engineering".

Too bad, the choice has been signed sealed and delivered undiplomatically by SBP and Pinoy basketball is again, for the nth time, all the poorer.
                    Last edited by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid; 10-18-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      for me. at least one per team

GPBP - Romeo
                      SMB - Fajardo
                      BGSM - Aguilar, Thompson
                      Star - Lee, Barroca
                      ROS - Almazan, Norwood, Cruz
                      Alaska - Abueva
                      TNT - Castro, MGR, Troy, Tautuaa(back up naturalized)
                      Mahindra - Dehesa
                      Dehesa is a Batang Pier. For me its:

ALA - Abueva
                      GIN - Aguilar
                      BWE - Erram
                      GBP - Romeo
                      MAH - Guinto
                      MER - Newsome
                      NLX - Lanete
                      PHO - Torres
                      ROS - Almazan
                      SMB - Fajardo
                      STR - Lee
                      TNT - Rosario

Comment

• usurped Toroman. usurped Tab.

if we're playing a dog-eat-dog corporate style for Gilas HC, Chot should be fired if he doesn't bring us to World Cup 2019.

i support RP team/Gilas through and through, irregardless of the shadows behind the team. though all-out support for a 'win despite the means' platform is a different matter.

expectation: win now mentality, no youth development, less tactics more puso, at least world cup quarter final

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
                          Don't you pigeon-hole the guy as a strictly triangle offense coach. No proof to that.

The whole of this third conference, Tim Cone has made adjustments all tournament long to get to the big dance, even discarding the triangle to achieve this mark, now, that's what you may call coaching the Pinoy way, unlike TAB's, coach by numbers, LOL.

As far as Chot's, maybe as someone here have already pointed out, if he do away with playing favorites then we may have a fresh start which can launch into something a bit more positive later on for the side of Gilas. But then again, great coaching has little less to do with motivational speeches than game by game adjustments and the knack for winning-- the real key here!

Cone's the guy. He deserves a second crack and the basketball world needs a sampling and an introduction to the greatest living coach that Pinoy professional league can offer.

If given a choice, I'd rather not be a party to the old meltdowns that more than likely is a guaranteed occurrence to follow Chot's track until he sees his very last days of coaching... like a bad habit. Don't rightly know, I just have a bad gut feel to this Chot's "re-engineering".
                          True, i think we all have the same worry of Chot's probable meltdowns.

That said, would people rather have Chot's meltdowns or Tab's rigid coaching?

i'd personally take the high risk high reward Chot...

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rorschach™ View Post
                            Dehesa is a Batang Pier. For me its:

ALA - Abueva
                            GIN - Aguilar
                            BWE - Erram
                            GBP - Romeo
                            MAH - Guinto
                            MER - Newsome
                            NLX - Lanete
                            PHO - Torres
                            ROS - Almazan
                            SMB - Fajardo
                            STR - Lee
                            TNT - Rosario
                            plus Dehesa is ineligible

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMarco2016 View Post
                              plus Dehesa is ineligible
                              Or better yet, plus Dehesa sucks.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Chot Reyes is back as Gilas head coach.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information