Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266
Results 5,301 to 5,309 of 5309

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

  1. #5301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,319

    Default

    Shea I li is your pi akamahusay na gwardya sa buong asya pasipiko but cant play in their podium must be like our gilas team no heart to play after a close lnockout game.loss
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #5302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Somehow the naturalized player program back fired on us. It taught us to be dependent on a naturalized player instead of pushing our local giants to up their game. What if we had 20 yr old Greg and June Mar and 22 yr old Japeth consistently playing for us internationally. We wouldnt look so lost without our ineligibles.

    Now we needed CS to help avert disaster against Thailand. We probably would have lost with 6'6 Troy as our center. While they are playing their own 20 yr old center.

    Where is Carino who dominated Korea in the U18? Where is Baltazar who dominated our HS league? Where is Aquino, a 6'9 who can shoot from 3?

    Instead of focusing on naturalized and ineligible players why not focus on the development of our 6'7 and up players and let the best them join are mens team already?


    K.Carino is a regular in the Batang Gilas roster,but he's about the same age as Kobe and he's about 6'8-6'9,IMO he should be practicing with the senior team,expose him guarding the likes of CS,JA,JF,Almazan,to get used to guarding big guys which in U-16 he did a remarkable job.Even just a practice player or be in the opposing team that runs the opponents offense against our first and second team.

  3. #5303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Where were you and your "we" statements when we were basking in glory during and after SEABA? You were nowhere in sight to share fun times.

    Sorry for you man, Analyzed... it's must be hard.

    Last OT, my apologies.

    Bruh,you burned him on both ends already,but you're right and probably a lot of members in the forum thought the same and you're right to make that call.When our team is up we should all celebrate and see the positive stuff that the players and coaches executed.When our team lose,some of us gets overtop emotional but then a true fan should feel a semblance of that feeling.

  4. #5304
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Shea I li is your pi akamahusay na gwardya sa buong asya pasipiko but cant play in their podium must be like our gilas team no heart to play after a close lnockout game.loss
    Shea left for the locker room in the closing minutes vs Australia in the semis, his index finger in his shooting hand is actually in a "cast" , i guess they decided he could not play in the game for 3rd .
    Visit the page: Team New Zealand - Camp David : National Basketball Training Center (NBTC) National finals (March 2017, Manila) participants.
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  5. #5305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Where were you and your "we" statements when we were basking in glory during and after SEABA? You were nowhere in sight to share fun times.

    Sorry for you man, Analyzed... it's must be hard.

    Last OT, my apologies.
    Sorry bro, but what is their to bask with that Seaba glory ,where we still played with a naturaluzed player even on home soil. We are that insecure that we need to have Blatche to secure Seaba title.

  6. #5306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Sorry bro, but what is their to bask with that Seaba glory ,where we still played with a naturaluzed player even on home soil. We are that insecure that we need to have Blatche to secure Seaba title.
    That was not the point made in the post.

    See Armir's...

  7. #5307
    Senior Member ctongco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,166
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Considering all things to have 2 seperate teams (Senior and cadets) win agianst Thailand and Jordan in the same night speaks of the depth of the Philippines. We really have "2nd tier level depth" it's getting to the next level that is the challenge.

    Sorry to harp on it , but will say it again, the Philippines isn't elite in Asia (top4) in the following areas
    1. Defense
    2. Big men
    3. Preperation ( note we were elite in this area in 2013 and 2014, but consistently we're not compared to other Asian teams in terms of preperation)

    We are elite (top 1 or 2)
    1. In guard play , primary PG's
    2 And naturalized center (no surprise then when we don't use one, we fall out of top 4)

    " interesting true conversation between Gilas staff:
    assistanat coach- " the WC showed Filipinos can compete at World level"
    Manager- "Uhh, honestly without Blatche and Norwood ( who elevates the defense) we cannot compete "

    Sounds harsh but objectively the manager is right
    Without Blatche and Norwood, we wouldn't be able to compete. The same could be said if didn't have Castro, Pingris, Ranidel and Alapag.

  8. #5308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,046
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    K.Carino is a regular in the Batang Gilas roster,but he's about the same age as Kobe and he's about 6'8-6'9,IMO he should be practicing with the senior team,expose him guarding the likes of CS,JA,JF,Almazan,to get used to guarding big guys which in U-16 he did a remarkable job.Even just a practice player or be in the opposing team that runs the opponents offense against our first and second team.
    He had a double double and around 9 blocks against Korea. I think our young bigs are usually at par or better with our neighbors in terms of mobility and athleticism. It is in college where they stagnate and by the time they get to the PBA their peers have already surpassed them by leaps and bounds. The reason partly is the import system. Our bigs are just backup to imports nowadays if they cant play PF. Worse many teams have two imports so there is virtually no slot for a backup C.

    College teams should be willing to lend their young bigs especially if they are just backups. They are just backup anyway. The experience they will get with the mens team would be priceless. The mens team will get ceiling and mobility even if they are raw. Also the 2nd import should be removed to give local centers playing time.

  9. #5309
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctongco View Post
    Without Blatche and Norwood, we wouldn't be able to compete. The same could be said if didn't have Castro, Pingris, Ranidel and Alapag.
    Yes, not arguing against that, all those factors (good PG's and tough PF's) contribute to us being competitive. the thing is those factors (PG and physical bigs) are a given we've always have had , but we know they can only take us so far (quarters of Asia) , we needed a naturalize big and a wing with length to get us to the next level - those 2 factors have been consistent whenever we advanced further
    80's NCC - Dennis Still and Moore (regardless if you had Calma , Caidic etc)
    2011- Marcus and Lasssiter/Lutz
    2013/2014/2015- Blatche and Norwood

Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •