Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295
Results 5,881 to 5,899 of 5899

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    When you're at the receiving end of ECJ's money, players tend to ignore whatever opportunities they may have elsewhere. His $100k may be the same as MVP's $100k but there's something about Danding that you just can't refuse.

Go ask Dennis, Jeff and Chip...they all had opportunities elsewhere - especially Jeff and Chip - but they never left the Philippines. And they actually resided here...
    Visit the page: Team New Zealand - Camp David : National Basketball Training Center (NBTC) National finals (March 2017, Manila) participants.
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

i am really excited that with the influx of african immigrants here, i am now looking forward to the prospect of having a significant number of afro-filipinos like joseph eriobu, sydney onwubere, felix afreku and aj edu.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Do you know who his replacement will be?
    Perhaps s 7-foot Cameroonian
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Do you know who his replacement will be?
    Future frontline of La Salle..
    6'9 Jeremiah, 6'8 Justine and 6'11 Lush..
    IMG_0991.jpg

When you're at the receiving end of ECJ's money, players tend to ignore whatever opportunities they may have elsewhere. His $100k may be the same as MVP's $100k but there's something about Danding that you just can't refuse.

Go ask Dennis, Jeff and Chip...they all had opportunities elsewhere - especially Jeff and Chip - but they never left the Philippines. And they actually resided here...
    Curious, why the $ 100 figure ?

Curious, why the $ 100 figure ?
    Just a metaphor, Dave. Feel free to replace the figure with another number and the point remains...

When you're at the receiving end of ECJ's money, players tend to ignore whatever opportunities they may have elsewhere. His $100k may be the same as MVP's $100k but there's something about Danding that you just can't refuse..
    70's and 80's Letran fans know a thing or two about ECJ's "persuasive powers" hehehe
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Euroleague's proposed basketball calendar allows for a single July window.
    http://www.euroleaguebasketball.net/...lp34xqt3dnilv9
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    IMG_0991.jpg
    Forgive my ignorance but please educate me about this Lush 6'11 import
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

IMG_0991.jpg
    benjie navarro (old small guy). delta pirating his players.lols
    Indiana Pacers (bcoz of PG13)
    San Antonio Spurs
    TaMs

ECJ sounds or acts like a mafia boss?

Fajardo
    Japeth
    Lassiter

Pag sinabi ni ECJ huwag kang lumaro muna sa Gilas hindi talaga sila lalaro.

Based on the history of this players I agree.

Si Ping lang ang may lakas ng loob and probably we know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post

Fajardo
    Japeth
    Lassiter

DLSU team especially the coaching staffs looks like a goon same with SMB team. SMC in particular with chualay leading the way..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    DLSU team especially the coaching staffs looks like a goon same with SMB team. SMC in particular with chualay leading the way..
    Like JPM said, ECJ is very "persuasive". So persuasive he "induced" rabid Letran fans into leaving the venues of NCAA games against La Salle hehehe
    -Margaret Mead

IMG_0991.jpg
    How is Jeremiah Panalangan progressing at La Salle?

I think this kid is around 18 to 19 years old right now.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

That is why, I really hope that they remove the high limit on imports in PBA so Austin can regularly play in our country and he does not need to go to other countries especially China, so he will always be available for national team duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post

Fajardo
    Japeth
    Lassiter

Guys here's the thing, I remember several UAAP and NCAA school representatives(heads of the different school offices) had some speaking engagement in our school preaching what is Self Driven, Self Empowerment, Goal Oriented, being Persuasive if it will benefit the country as a whole, love your country second to GOD, Patriotism etc. they speak from the heart, eloquent wordings, suave talking stuff like that and telling us students that their schools teaches not only good academics fundamentals but also first love of GOD, second love your country, third love your family(that's the hierarchy of it according to them) now I remember one the speaker from the Animos from Taft that one of the main secret why the man they called the Boss was a very successful businessman is that, aside from being intelligent and persuasive of all the things he wants to do, he implements the hierarchy that I mentioned above, in fact one of the BOSS's favorite quote was from JFK "ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country". Now that this hullabaloo thing that is happening in our Philippine basketball landscape especially on the youth team, and someone talks about Patriotism, self driven, self empowerment, self motivation, kusang palo/loob, volunteerism for the sake of the country and that JFK quote coming from a very respected schools from the UAAP and NCAA(I ain't a hater of those schools in the UAAP & NCAA, I really admired all their academic platforms and their teaching methodology, but in terms of implementing Patriotism in actual situation, it's ehem! for me) I don't believe easily and swayed by those suave talking, eloquent wordings because in myself I also believe in the saying, "TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE", show me what your talking about, that's me.

Too bad that international tournaments like the Jones Cup, Merlion Cup & the FIBA Asia Champions Cup are scheduled while our collegiate tournaments are ongoing.

It would be a good experience for these young college standouts if they play for the aforesaid minor international tournaments. Imagine if guys like CJ Perez, Thirdy Ravena, Matthew Aquino, Rey Nambatac, Sidney Onwubere, Abu Tratter, Davon Potts, etc., would form a team reinforced by Isaiah Austin, Christian Standhardinger & Rod Ebondo and play in this tournaments.

Magandang experience yun for those guys which would be crucial for their development not just as future PBA players but future Gilas "elite" players as well.

Sayang talaga.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Too bad that international tournaments like the Jones Cup, Merlion Cup & the FIBA Asia Champions Cup are scheduled while our collegiate tournaments are ongoing.

It would be a good experience for these young college standouts if they play for the aforesaid minor international tournaments. Imagine if guys like CJ Perez, Thirdy Ravena, Matthew Aquino, Rey Nambatac, Sidney Onwubere, Abu Tratter, Davon Potts, etc., would form a team reinforced by Isaiah Austin, Christian Standhardinger & Rod Ebondo and play in this tournaments.

Magandang experience yun for those guys which would be crucial for their development not just as future PBA players but future Gilas "elite" players as well.

Sayang talaga.
    The proliferation of Asian level tourneys only makes the idea of Gilas 1 more feasible. Gilas 1 had difficulty finding tournaments then, but imagine if we had a team assembled in January they would have been able to play in at least 4 tournaments this year alone plus the ABL. I tell you, the Gilas 1 model has become very feasible again. The recruitment windows should be for incoming college freshmen and graduates.
    -Margaret Mead

^ definitely agree. Due to k12, we now have 18 yr old freshmen. Get them before college basketball stunt their development.

Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295