This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    the pba has learned from it and able to do strict requirements to be able to enter the league.. Not all are like Ben Mbalas and Akhueties some are Alinko Mba's, Ferdinands and Ikeh..
    Exactly. Treat them as locals so they can join the draft like every Filipino player so teams themselves can screen out the scrubs. We can even hold a special draft for these Foreignoy players and establish limits on roster spots etc.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
      Exactly. Treat them as locals so they can join the draft like every Filipino player so teams themselves can screen out the scrubs. We can even hold a special draft for these Foreignoy players and establish limits on roster spots etc.
      Second conference-third, because we can spend less on hiring big imports..or get players who really wing players not over weight football players

But I want the players play in D league during all filipino and battle all players in the provinces..
      Mas okay sila sa second division imo
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Second conference-third, because we can spend less on hiring big imports..or get players who really wing players not over weight football players
        Pwede rin. But I'd rather we keep the current system for imports and integrate Foreignoys (not necessarily Africans ) as locals. This way we can accommodate not only the Mbalas and the Akhuetie but also the Kirk Long and the Moriah Gingerichs and Kelly Hardemans.
        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Since we're talking about imports , might as well give out a clue, will see a new bread of a game changing import in the local sceane soon
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Every PBA team should have a d league affiliate, and better be a local government unit every all filipino the college imports
            reinforced the d league teams so full time sila, and there is an option to assign pba rookies upto sophomores to d league to prevent james forrester's or avo's..
            That's actually how it should be para nahahasa yung local players and at the same time foreign college players have the opportunity to become "homegrown" imports.

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            i hope they allow asean imports together with the non-asean imports. this way we help our neighbors for their development too.
            IMHO it is their responsibility to develop their players and not ours. Blu detergent sponsoring the stint of the Malaysian NT in the dleague was actually kind of bone headed. Our local players did not learn anything from them. Tinulungan na nga silang makalaro sa pbadl lulutuin pa yung laro sa sea games. It would've been better if we saw the batang gilas youth training pool in the dleague.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_d View Post
              That's actually how it should be para nahahasa yung local players and at the same time foreign college players have the opportunity to become "homegrown" imports.

IMHO it is their responsibility to develop their players and not ours. Blu detergent sponsoring the stint of the Malaysian NT in the dleague was actually kind of bone headed. Our local players did not learn anything from them. Tinulungan na nga silang makalaro sa pbadl lulutuin pa yung laro sa sea games. It would've been better if we saw the batang gilas youth training pool in the dleague.
              I think the BLu Star-malaysia partnership was only in name. Dioceldo Sy was approached to facilitate Malaysia's D-League stint so Blu-Star was approached so it can qualify as a club team. I don't think Blustar paid the Malaysian players. Baka Blustar pa ang binayaran so the brand name can be used.
              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Since we're talking about imports , might as well give out a clue, will see a new bread of a game changing import in the local sceane soon
                More clues please.

Comment

Since we're talking about imports , might as well give out a clue, will see a new bread of a game changing import in the local sceane soon
                  PBA or Gilas?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    pippo noundou is the coach of enderun. omorogbe is part of the coaching staff of perpetual. karim abdul works here and he is my neighbor. hahahaha

seriously, pba should be an eagle not a race horse in doing things.

with the influx of africans here, it is not impossible in the near future that the philippines will have afro-filipino not the fil-ams. literally afro-filipinos.
                    Is karim abdul still in the ph and is he still playing basketball? I remember his uaap stint, huge factor in ust making it to 3 uaap finals
                    Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

Isaiah Austin??

Comment

• Originally posted by MFFL View Post
                        Is karim abdul still in the ph and is he still playing basketball? I remember his uaap stint, huge factor in ust making it to 3 uaap finals
                        yes bro. kabarangay ko siya dito sa caloocan.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                          yes bro. kabarangay ko siya dito sa caloocan.
                          I remember Karim was a two sport athlete.. while playing for the Tigers he was also the Goalie of the Dolphins United in the 2nd division of the now defunct UFL.. buti hindi niya naisipan maglaro sa PFL .. at nagplano pa pala siya maglaro ng football sa Europe

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2016/...ootball-europe

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                            I get that point but in my opinion the "All-Filipino is sacred" argument has been rendered moot by the Fil-Am /Fil-Sham wave. If we can accommodate people who are essentially Americans with Filipino blood, we should also welcome foreigners with a Filipino heart to be considered as PBA locals. Citizenship lies not only in blood ties but also in the mind and in the heart.

I agree,can you imagine if the NBA said no foreigners can play in their league,the Americans themselves will call that league racists.I say let them play in the All-Filipino Cup if they play 4 years in the local college and university and a year in Dleague,they more than earned it.

Comment

• Its the NBA. Their locals are generally the best players in the world. Why do they have to restrict foreigners. Korea, China have their restrictions on foreigners. I think there should only be two conferences, one AFC and one with an import of unrestricted height. That should be enough.

Comment

Boss, maybe U mean breed?
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information