X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosion in Istanbul Airport

What the hell just happened at Turkey? [edited]

- posts moved out of EL signings and rumors thread. - Levenspiel
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-30-2016, 02:30 PM.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
    What the hell just happened at Turkey?
    I will avoid speculation: Suicide bomb (maybe two) detonated before security check. Justice Minister says 10 dead, 20 injured.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-30-2016, 02:30 PM.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
      I will avoid speculation: Suicide bomb (maybe two) detonated before security check. Justice Minister says 10 dead, 20 injured.
      Well,that's clearly something that most foreigners could use as an argument if they want to leave.Udoh might think of it as well,and that will make his decision easier.
      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

you know what's funny? i was reading this on quora before it all happened.

Answer (1 of 21): There are many different ways to look at this question. The first way is to think about the likelihood of facing any terrorism attack anywhere. It is essentially zero so it really should not be determining your decisions on how you travel / where you travel etc (unless of course...

i have no words to explain it. i'm sorry.
        FENER
        cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
        calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
          I wish all the best to the Turkish people and our freinds here.
          I hope that no one will let the terror win
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
            I wish all the best to the Turkish people and our freinds here.
            I hope that no one will let the terror win
            Same by me.3rd time if I am not mistaken that an occasion like this happens.Sorry for OT,let's close it here.
            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Offtopic indeed but our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.Basketball gets quite irrelevant when stuff like that occur and inflict pain on innocent people.

Comment

NBA. EuroLeague. FIBA. We got it all covered. TalkBasket.net is your #1 basketball news source with non-stop updates and breaking news.

i believe this one is dead (sorry bad choice of words) too.
                FENER
                cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
                calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

Comment

Thank you guys for your wishes.

One thing I keep saying (and may be protested for here) is that Turkey is not a safe country any more. and not for a sports event for sure. all organizations should be taken away.

This is also a bit different than the situation that Israel had a few years ago. Their government and security forces were trying to fix the issues. Turkish government is the issue itself, so it will only get worse.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

One thing I keep saying (and may be protested for here) is that Turkey is not a safe country for anything. and not for a sports event for sure. all organizations should be taken away.

This is also a bit different than the situation that Israel had a few years ago. Their government and security forces were trying to fix the issues. Turkish government is the issue itself, so it will only get worse.

I suspect that the terrorist attack has to do with the similar attacks at Paris and Brussels Don't really know if they are related but I strongly believe that that's the case.
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

One thing I keep saying (and may be protested for here) is that Turkey is not a safe country any more. and not for a sports event for sure. all organizations should be taken away.

Nop.
                      Despite and even due to the terror, all the events must stay.
                      I doubt if other countries are more safe in Europe, so the terror can find you every where.

The F4 in Tel Aviv in 2004 had well orginezed even a month before it was a terror attack
                      2022/2023:
                      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

I have fight tickets to my hometown through that airport and back in a few days. and I am not fucking going. I'd not advise any one to be naive nor brave, but of course it's none of my business.
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                          What the hell just happened at Turkey?
                          [quoted post edited]

Anyway, This is what Middle East is. Life is very hard here.
                          Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-30-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

First of all, I hope that all our turkish friends who posts here are okay, my thoughts and prays to the turkish people.

Terrorists attacks Istanbul because is the city which connects the east and the west. It's normal that the players will be a bit afraid to play in Istanbul, but if we are afraid, the terrorists win.

Comment

A delusional psychosis is devastating a country which has not experienced these pains before his era. All we do is condemnation as if the terrorists care. Without target-driven action steps, the terror actions will again take place in this country. I am really sad, we don't deserve these things. We said this countless times, these almond-shaped moustache guys have been driving this country to the edge of a cliff. Power groups are playing their cards, innocent victims are dying instead of them. Words fail me guys, just sad.
                              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information