Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    Oh come on, don't be a stranger:

They are always invited to Tournaments in China such as the Atlas Challenge Cup and 4 Nation Friendlies
    Looks like a more organized version of the USA team that goes to Taiwan for the Jones cup. I've heard of the name before but never paid much attention.

Are they confirmed for Jones Cup? First I've heard anything about that squad
    We The North

Comment

No Philippines? That is interesting, I wonder what happened there. Perhaps too many import caliber players?
      We The North

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
        Looks like a more organized version of the USA team that goes to Taiwan for the Jones cup. I've heard of the name before but never paid much attention.

Are they confirmed for Jones Cup? First I've heard anything about that squad
        JC organizers tried the last minute in inviting Canada 3D, but the official schedule is up for ROC-A and I don't see Canada among the fixtures.:

Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Couldn't find information about Mighty Sports' exclusion. Does anyone have a link to the tournament's official website?

I was kinda looking forward to seeing Mighty Sports play.

Comment

Did the Permanent Court of Arbitration decision regarding Spratlys affect the Philippines' status in the Jones Cup somehow?

Silly Taiwan, denying the Philippines a slot in the WJC after the mainland lost the Spratlys case. They did that once before after a Philippine Coast Guard member shot a Taiwanese fisherman, plus it kinda gave the motivation for Taiwan NT to beat Gilas on Philippine soil in 2013.
            Originally posted by gideon
            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Iran NT for 2016 William Jones Cup

Rouzbeh Arghavan, Farid Aslani, Ali Allahverdi, Mohammad Ojaghi, Mohammad Torabi, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Vahid Dalirzehan, Adnan Doraghi, Navid Rezaeifar, Amir Sedighi, Saleh Foroutan, Arsalan Kazemi, Sajjad Mashayekhi, Rasoul Mozaffari, Salar Monji, Meysam Rezaei, Behnam Yakhchali and Yousef Mohammadvand

Coach: Dirk Bauermann
              Last edited by CKR13; 07-13-2016, 09:30 PM.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                Did the Permanent Court of Arbitration decision regarding Spratlys affect the Philippines' status in the Jones Cup somehow?

Silly Taiwan, denying the Philippines a slot in the WJC after the mainland lost the Spratlys case. They did that once before after a Philippine Coast Guard member shot a Taiwanese fisherman, plus it kinda gave the motivation for Taiwan NT to beat Gilas on Philippine soil in 2013.
                I don't think that decision played into this, if anything, Taiwan is worried about a loss of face by the team having too many imports and making the young the Taiwanese National team look like fools.

This years' Jones cup looks like a down year, I've heard nothing about it and seen no advertisements at all.
                We The North

Comment

so its official? Philippines is out? a phil website 2 days ago had an article of shaping up the team for the Jones Cup...

Comment

Japan will send a fourteen man team for the Jones Cup.

Yuki Togashi
                    Yuki Mitsuhara
                    Ryusei Shinoyama
                    Kengo Nomoto
                    Takanobu Nishikawa
                    Kosuke Hashimoto
                    Yuma Fuji
                    Naoya Kumagae
                    Yusuke Karino
                    Endo Yusuke
                    Ryuichi Kishimoto
                    Yuya Nagayoshi
                    Shigehiro Taguchi
                    Tenketsu Harimoto

Honestly, Japan could have sent a stronger team without tapping any of the OQT players. They should have sent bigs Zack Baransky and kid project Taiga Watanabe to add to height. Seiya Ando, Masaya Karimata, Tatsuya Suzuki could have added more guard depth. Yuma Fuji has been a disappointing product.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Someone from Taiwan,

Is mighty sports in or out, as we are growing tired of Mighty Sports PR brigade here in the Philippines
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

第38屆威廉瓊斯盃籃球邀請賽將於下週六(23日)在新莊體育館點燃戰火,本屆共有伊朗、埃及、日本、印度、南韓與加州州立大學沙加緬度分校,前來共襄盛舉,台灣則將分為藍隊與白隊出戰各國強敵。今年最受矚目為台灣旅美小將吳永盛所就讀的NCAA一級學校加州州立大學沙加緬度分校將前來參賽,吳永盛自金華國中畢業後,

So the Mighty Sports is not really joining this Year's WJC?

Comment

BbsImg146815570254261_1590x872.jpg

Guys, easy lang. Kasali Mighty Sports.
                          Read more on my blog: Hoopnut! --> Hoop Nut Blog sigpic

Comment

So, The Canadian 3D Global Sports team is not participating ...am I right ?

Comment

Chinese Taipei (ROC-A) NT

Tien Lei
                              Chou Yi-Hsiang
                              Lee Wei-Che
                              Liu Cheng
                              Yang Chin-Min
                              Chou Po-Chen
                              Chen Ying-Chun
                              Hu Long-Mao
                              Chang Tsung-Hsien
                              Chian Yu-An
                              Chou Po-Hsun
                              Douglas Creighton
                              Lu Chi-Min
                              Wu Hung-Hsing
                              Hu Kai-Hsiang
                              Peng Chun-Yen
                              Quincy Davis
                              Lee Te-Wei

Quincy Davis was signed to a 1 year deal this summer that ends after FIBA Asia Challenge. Too bad that Yu Huan-Ya will miss the tournament due to a hand fracture. Yu would have easily started at PG.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Looks like Mighty Sports is in, I'm not sure where this 3D sports rumor came from.....

So long as it isn't that shittastic USA team they've invited the last few years I am happy.

Also, tickets seem impossible to purchase this year. Went to a 7/11 and the tickets are unavailable! Very annoying.
                                We The North

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information