X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azkals Star Mark Hartmann Unsure of S-League Future with Geylang

BY KELVIN LEONG
    October 26, 2016

Mark Hartmann's future at Geylang International remains unclear, with the striker yet to receive a "concrete" offer from the club.

The striker took the S.League by storm when he became the first-ever Filipino to sign for a Singapore club in June, proving his goal-scoring ability with a respectable eight goals in 11 matches.

Geylang closed out their season with a 4-1 home win against Home United on Tuesday, but fell short of AFC Cup qualification as they finished fifth in the league standings.

A sublime halfway line effort from Hartmann gave the Eagles a seventh-minute lead before Ken Ilso levelled the scores. A late surge saw Shahfiq Ghani, Gabriel Quak and Daniel Bennett find the back of the net, but the Protectors hung on to take fourth spot.

It all started with a debut goal on his first start for the club against Albirex Niigata (S) in the Singapore Cup on July 1, and the Azkals forward has not looked back since, adding seven more goals despite a lack of match fitness.

"I was recovering from an ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] injury since December and when Geylang spoke to me, I was upfront about not being 100 percent," he told ESPN FC.

"The management and coaches took a gamble on me and this has been a very positive experience in my football career.

"Geylang gave me the opportunity to get back to doing what I love most, scoring goals and playing football again.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.espnfc.com/blog/football-...e-with-geylang)
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Ceres FC clinches third place in the 2016 Singapore Cup after beating Balestier Khalsa FC, 2-1.

This is the highest finish ever in the Singapore Cup by a Philippine based Club so far, with both the Loyola Meralco Sparks and Global FC finishing fourth in the previous editions of the Cup.

Comment

Mark Hartmann gets Azkals Call for AFF Cup, Leaves S.League Club Geylang

BY KELVIN LEONG
        November 4, 2015

Mark Hartmann is focused on helping co-hosts Philippines claim a first-ever AFF Suzuki Cup title after leaving S.League side Geylang International.

After becoming the first-ever Filipino to ply his trade in the S.League, the burly forward netted eight goals in 11 games for the Eagles this season, attracting offers from Thailand, Malaysia, and back home.

With Geylang deciding not to retain his services, Hartmann is hoping to make the Azkals' squad for the Suzuki Cup on home soil before weighing up his club options on the table.

"Bittersweet if you ask me [about my time in Singapore]," Hartmann told ESPN FC. "I came in mid-season half fit, but managed to score goals and prove my worth.

"The club and fans have been great but I'm now leaving my options open. There is a concrete offer from a club on the table, but I just want to focus on national team duty for now.

"This year's [Suzuki Cup] is on home soil, and I'll fight for my place in the team. We have a lot of good players who are eager to play, so it needs to be 100 percent effort to make coach's [Dooley] final selection."

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.espnfc.com/blog/football-...e-club-geylang)

Comment

Three PH Clubs in Asian Tilt Next Year?

By: Cedelf P. Tupas - Reporter / @cedelfptINQ
          Philippine Daily Inquirer / 12:00 AM December 14, 2016

The Philippines could have three clubs playing in Asian Football Confederation competitions next year, following the AFC’s decision to allot one slot to the country in the AFC Champions League preliminary round.

Reigning United Football League champion Global FC will vie in the top club competition—the AFC Champions League—in the continent starting in January, while Ceres-La Salle will once again compete in the AFC Cup group stage.

A third Philippine club—the Loyola Meralco Sparks—could make the AFC Cup, if Global qualifies for the main draw of the Champions League, where some of the biggest clubs in Australia, Japan, China, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates see action.

The Sparks finished third in the UFL league competition this year.

Honor
          “It’s a huge honor and a responsibility at the same time being the pioneering Philippine club in the Champions’ League,” said Global chief executive Dan Palami, who is also manager of the national men’s football team.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://sports.inquirer.net/232399/th...#ixzz4Sm7i6TLt)

Comment

After playing in Singapore, MARK HARTMANN now brings his wares to the Malaysia's premier league!! Congratulations, Mark!!

Azkals Star Mark Hartmann Joins Sarawak from Geylang International

After a successful stint in the S.League with Geylang International, Philippines international Mark Hartmann has agreed to join Sarawak FA in the Malaysian Super League.

by Desmond Lim
            Published December 16, 2016

Having joined the Eagles in mid-season, Hartmann quickly established himself as one of the top forwards in Singapore, scorching the net eight times in just 11 outings. Despite his good form for Geylang, the S.League side decided to release him due to budget constraints.

Hartmann, 24, returned to Manila immediately and linked up with Thomas Dooley’s Azkals for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup, but the tournament co-hosts made a disappointing group stage exit.

A trial was immediately set up and the giant forward was in Kuching a fortnight ago, training under the watchful eyes of head coach David Usop.

This Sarawak move was made possible by a few kind people from Singapore and since arriving in Sarawak, the club officials, coaches and everyone has been very good to me. They made me feel very welcomed and it was a no-brainer

The club decided to make a contract offer and Hartmann returned to Kuching last weekend to complete his medical and put pen to paper on a season-long contract, becoming the second player from Philippines side Global FC to join a top-tier Malaysian club, following Omid Nazari's move to Melaka United in November.

“It was my first shot at proving myself outside of the Philippines and joining Geylang was one of the best decisions I could have made,” Hartmann told FourFourTwo.

“It allowed me the opportunity to test myself in one of Southeast Asia’s best competitions and scoring those goals in the S.League helped put my name across the region.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/a...-international)

Comment

Hartmann Uupbeat on New Club Sarawak

BY JAELLE NEVIN REYES ON DECEMBER 25, 2016 SPORTS

Philippine National Football Team striker Mark Hartmann is looking forward to a new chapter in his career after completing his transfer to Malaysian Super League side Sarawak FA earlier in the month.

The 24-year-old Filipino-British standout previously played for Geylang International FC in the Singapore League before making the jump to Malaysia.

“When the season begins I’ll be looking to get off to a bright start,” Hartmann told The Manila Times in an online interview while on training camp with Sarawak in Australia.

The proficient scorer officially signed a one-year contract with the Crocs last December 16, locking him with the club until the end of the 2017 season.

His move marks another milestone in his career after making history as the first Filipino football player to play in the domestic top-flight tournament of Singapore.

During his stint with Geylang, Hartmann played a vital role in the club’s offensive line, scoring a total of 11 goals in eight games in Singapore.

Consequently, the former United Football League top scorer revealed that he was already in contact with team officials of Sarawak in the past month after his release from Geylang.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.manilatimes.net/hartmann-...arawak/303619/)

Comment

By Michael Angelo S. Murillo
                Reporter

Global FC Gears Up for AFC Champions League

Posted on January 05, 2017

HAD a 2016 that was “triumphant,” local football club Global FC is eyeing continued success in the brand-new year, beginning with the Asian Football Confederation Champions League happening later this month.

Wound up as the top finisher in the United Football League last year, winning both the League and Cup titles, Global was given the slot by the Philippine Football Federation (PFF) to represent the country and play in the preliminary/playoff stage of the AFC Champions League.

This marks the first time that the country will be sending a team in the biggest club football competition in Asia.

To qualify for the group stage, Global has to be at its utmost best, needing to win in each of the three stages leading to group play.

It opens its bid in the East Slot allocation against Singapore’s Tampines Rovers FC on Jan. 24 at the Rizal Memorial Stadium.

If Global beats Tampines it then moves to the next assignment against Australian side Brisbane Roar in an away game on Jan. 31.

The playoff stage in February will be another away match for Global if ever against Shanghai Shenhua FC, which finished fourth in the Chinese Superleague.

In the event that Global reaches the group stage of the AFC Champions League, the PFF said the Loyola Meralco Sparks FC, which placed third in the UFL, will be nominated to take its place in the AFC Cup 2017 group stage, joining Ceres-Negros FC.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.bworldonline.com/content....ague&id=138558)

Comment

Global FC will be facing the Tampines Rovers FC (TRFC) in a Knockout Match at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum for the 2017 AFC Champions Cup.

TRFC is a tough nut to crack, they are a top team in the very competitive S-League in Singapore. But international Football games like these rarely happen at the RMC hence it would be good to go there just to see top notch Football in action.

Here is the Events Page at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/743361619163488/

Tickets are available at the Gate of the RMC, but they are also available on SM Tickets: https://smtickets.com/events/view/5361

Comment

Limpag: Test for Global and Philippine League

Friday, January 20, 2017
                    By MIKE T. LIMPAG
                    FAIR PLAY

IN A few days, Global FC will face the Tampine Rovers in the qualifiers for the Asian Champions League, a game that could be the turning point for the Philippine club.

Global and Tampine have played before, in the AFC Cup last year, but this time, it’s for the Champions League and the stakes are much bigger.

If we want to dance with the big boys in Asia, we have to know if we have what it takes and the first dancing partner is Tampine. While the rest of the Philippine club football scene has been on a hiatus of sorts, with the end of the United Football League, Global and Ceres Negros have been quietly building up their teams.

For Global, which is finalizing its transfer to Cebu, it’s a chance to gauge where it stands in the Asian club football scene. Does one of the country’s most well-funded club, one with a foreign-laden coaching staff have what it takes to make it all the way to the Champions League?

To say that the odds are stacked against them is putting it lightly.

A win over Tampine Rovers will set Global up with another must-win match against Australia’s Brisbane Roar, which has competed twice in the AFC Champions League and owns two premierships and three championships in the A-League.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sport...-league-521256)

Comment

Great game by Global, Tampines is a very tough team. Now they will be facing an even tougher Australian Club next.

Global Outclasses Tampines Rovers, Advances to Next AFC Champions League Phase

LORENZO DEL CARMEN JANUARY 24, 2017

It’s one small step, but an important one nonetheless for the sake of Philippine football.

Global Football Club enjoyed a memorable 2-0 win over Singapore club Tampines Rovers to advance to the second preliminary round of the 2017 AFC Champions League.

Ahamd Azzawi (61′) and Misagh Bahadoran (73′) provided the goals for the home side tonight at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila. Khairul Amri could have pulled one back at the 88th minute but his penalty was saved by Global goalie Patrick Deyto.

I came here only about four days, but today the players they keep my advice so second half we get two goals and (Deyto) saved a penalty…. I’m so happy,” commented Global coach Imai Toshiaki.

Both teams started the match in anemic fashion. Set pieces were the main avenues of the two clubs’ attacks as there was a considerable lack of fluidity in the final third of the pitch.

Global skipper Bahadoran signaled the home side’s attacking intent when he initiated an offensive sequence all by himself. Bahadoran controlled the ball majestically which allowed him through on goal, only for Rogers goalie Mohamad Izwan to make the save.

Izwan was then called to action once again when the home side won a free kick at the edge of the Rovers’ box. Matthew Hartmann stepped up, only for his attempt to be nothing more than a routine stop for Izwan.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://tiebreakertimes.com/tbt/globa...ue-phase/75544)

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
                        Great game by Global, Tampines is a very tough team. Now they will be facing an even tougher Australian Club next.

Global Outclasses Tampines Rovers, Advances to Next AFC Champions League Phase

LORENZO DEL CARMEN JANUARY 24, 2017

It’s one small step, but an important one nonetheless for the sake of Philippine football.

Global Football Club enjoyed a memorable 2-0 win over Singapore club Tampines Rovers to advance to the second preliminary round of the 2017 AFC Champions League.

Ahamd Azzawi (61′) and Misagh Bahadoran (73′) provided the goals for the home side tonight at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila. Khairul Amri could have pulled one back at the 88th minute but his penalty was saved by Global goalie Patrick Deyto.

I came here only about four days, but today the players they keep my advice so second half we get two goals and (Deyto) saved a penalty…. I’m so happy,” commented Global coach Imai Toshiaki.

Both teams started the match in anemic fashion. Set pieces were the main avenues of the two clubs’ attacks as there was a considerable lack of fluidity in the final third of the pitch.

Global skipper Bahadoran signaled the home side’s attacking intent when he initiated an offensive sequence all by himself. Bahadoran controlled the ball majestically which allowed him through on goal, only for Rogers goalie Mohamad Izwan to make the save.

Izwan was then called to action once again when the home side won a free kick at the edge of the Rovers’ box. Matthew Hartmann stepped up, only for his attempt to be nothing more than a routine stop for Izwan.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://tiebreakertimes.com/tbt/globa...ue-phase/75544)
                        and global fc loss to brisbane roar. 0-6. brisbane roar uses mostly their team b. this is a good experience for them eventhough they face the team b of roar it's still a good experience for them. They'll use this experience to get them better in the future. I know now what team to root for sa PFL..
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          and global fc loss to brisbane roar. 0-6. brisbane roar uses mostly their team b. this is a good experience for them eventhough they face the team b of roar it's still a good experience for them. They'll use this experience to get them better in the future. I know now what team to root for sa PFL..
                          Yeah, Australia is ranked 44 in world by FIFA, so they are much tougher than any South East Asian country that we have faced.

Brisbane Mauls Global FC

Published February 1, 2017, 4:31 AM
                          By JONAS TERRADO

Game on Feb. 21 (Rizal Memorial Stadium)
                          7:30 p.m. – Global vs Magwe

Global received a harsh lesson when it comes to playing top-quality football after being thrashed 6-0 by Australian side Brisbane Roar yesterday and bow out of the prestigious AFC Champions League.

Four goals by Brisbane in the first half, including the first three from Brandon Borello inside the first 30 minutes, proved to be too huge a deficit to overcome for the United Football League double winner and saw its bid to qualify in Asia’s premier club competition end after the second preliminary round.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://sports.mb.com.ph/2017/02/01/b...uls-global-fc/)

Comment

After his S-League stint, MARK HARTMANN is now making waves in the Malaysian Super League (MSL), scoring a Hat-Trick for Sarawak FC in their recent game against Misa FC.

Comment

AFC Cup Preview: Who Will be Global's Game Changer?

The league champs host Burmese side Magwe on Tuesday. Which player will step up?

Bob Guerrero
                              Published 1:12 PM, February 19, 2017
                              Updated 1:12 PM, February 19, 2017

Global FC were unable to sneak into the AFC Champions League through its qualifying stage, falling to a heavy defeat at Brisbane against A-League side Brisbane Roar.

But the good news is that the Pinoy champs will instead join Ceres as the other Filipino club in the second-level AFC Cup. This is the third consecutive year that the Philippines is represented in this competition for clubs from Asia's up-and-coming member associations. Global pioneered Filipino representation in the tournament in 2015, narrowly missing out on the group stage.

Global are in Group F with defending champs Johor Darul Ta'zim of Malaysia, Magwe of Myanmar, and Boeung Ket Angkor of Cambodia. Ceres is drawn in Group G with Hanoi FC of Vietnam, Felda United of Malaysia, and Tampines Rovers of Singapore.

The format in the group stage is double-round-robin, home and away, with the top two teams reaching the knockout stage.

There will be plenty of pressure on Global to perform. The side beat Tampines Rovers in the first Champions League qualifier before being walloped by the Roar 6-0. Global fans then took solace in the fact that Brisbane went on to defeat Shanghai Shenhua 2-0 in the final qualifier in Shanghai to progress to the group stage of the AFC Champions League. Shanghai Shehnua features the brilliant Argentine Carlos Tevez in attack.

Global will need some or all of their starters to be on their A-Game. We al know that Misagh Bahadoran will be their marquee player. Here are the other vital cogs of coach Toshiaki Imai who are looking to make a splash.

Matthew Hartmann. Matty has gone from precocious senior team debutante at the age of 15, to persona non grata for his walkout in the 2011 SEA Games, to elder statesman of Global.

His maturation and development on and off the pitch has been heartening and just in time for Global's Asian aspirations. The 27-year old will likely play left back on Tuesday night since regular LB Serge Kaole is out injured.

“I used to play left back in England, although there it's different. In England it's all about the number of crosses you put in. Here it's a challenge to go up and down the field in the humidity and with the fast tempo of the game,” Hartmann explains.

The Southampton native, who was once referred to as “the best left-footed player in the Philippines, bar none,” by ex-Nomads coach Mick Dennison, is also relishing the possession-based approach of Imai. Expect to see Global try to play out of the back and through the midfield instead of sitting back and counterattacking or hoofing the ball long.

Hartmann also has the added motivation of being a father to fifteen-month old Olivia, his first child. The names of Olivia and Danielle, his longtime partner and Olivia's mum, are tattooed on his right arm.

“I do everything for her,” he says of his daughter. “All the work for my next (player) contract will be for her.”

“Having a kid has definitely made me wiser,” adds Hartmann.

Matt will also be inspired by the goalscoring exploits of brother Mark, who is making hay for Sarawak in Malaysia. Check out this stupendous goal in a recent match.

Paul Mulders. The 36-year old Filipino-Dutchman is on his second spell with Global after two years with Ceres.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...l-game-changer)

Comment

Global FC beats Myanmar's Magwe FC in the 2017 AFC Cup

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information