Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I have to chose an opponent for Lithuania in 1/4 Finals ...

US - I would not, for all the obvious reasons,
    France - inconvenient, athletic black-man's full team
    Australia - unknown team full of NBA players
    Serbia - the most by a familiar, defensive mastery maybe we lower, but the three-second zone can just crush them. Mutual match history as well as our side.

Comment

The basketball gods (or a conspiracy theorists would say FIBA/IOC) gave the US a very favorable opening schedule, starting with China followed by Venezuela, Australia, and then Serbia and France. If they have any chemistry/line-up problems leading into the tournament, the US will be given a chance to work on those before the competition stiffens. Coming off the US's weak training schedule, I wouldn't want them to face Serbia or France, both of whom started training a few weeks ago and have already seen competitive matches.

Comment

Is there a thread for selling/trading Rio tickets?

I'm selling my tickets for face value (4 x 100BRL = 125 USD) and will be shipped free from USA. Had changes in schedule and can't hold onto these anymore.

BK010 category C - Argentina x Nigeria
        BK030 category C - Argentina x Lithuania

basketball_tix.jpgbasketball_seats.jpg

Comment

It is well known that with a gold medal Carmelo Anthony will become the only 3 time winner. But a less known fact is that Carmelo and Kevin Durant are attempting to become 3 time champions in world events. Joining only David Robinson
          ('86, '92, '96) Sergei Belov ('67, '72, '74), Modestas Paulauskas ('67, '72, '74) and Kresimir Cosic ('70, '78, '80).
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Irrelevant but as discussion brought it;Does anybody know why Greece didn't take part at the Olympics of 88',while being a European champion by that time?I hadn't born by that time so I couldn't know.If somebody elder knows please enlighten.
            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
              Irrelevant but as discussion brought it;Does anybody know why Greece didn't take part at the Olympics of 88',while being a European champion by that time?I hadn't born by that time so I couldn't know.If somebody elder knows please enlighten.
              There was a separate Olympic qualifying tournament back then. Greece finished fifth and only the top three qualified:
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                There was a separate Olympic qualifying tournament back then. Greece finished fifth and only the top three qualified:
                http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/eve...Men/index.html

Thanks.
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrfon View Post

If i have to chose an opponent for Serbia in 1/4 finals...

Spain- worst-case scenario for obvious reasons
                  Brazil- second worst-case...very strong and unpredictable team playing quarterfinals in front of thousands fans...you can add a slight referee home court advantage...thanks but no thanks
                  Croatia- on paper weaker than e.g. Lithuania, but capable of screwing everybody's dream in one game, especially as our mutual games bring additional motivation
                  Argentina- farewell for one of my favorite generations in basketball...would love to see one last game against Manu & company...if we have to lose against someone, this would be the easiest lost to accept
                  Lithuania- great old rivalry... with all the respect for this country of basketball, i'd still choose them first rather than mentioned above (except maybe Argentina)

+1.I believe chances winnings group B and getting Australia is slim.So normally we will get in 1/4 Usa/France/Serbia.Without any doubt we also choose play you Serbia, from this 3 teams we choose less evil .

France in 2011-2015 period was beating us almost every time we play and is bad matchup for Lithuania.

Usa is Usa we want to face them again,its always fun game but not in 1/4...

1/4 Serbia vs Lithuania would be old classic.And knowing this serbians generation havent been in Olympics, and we will have 7 players that have played in Olympics before,also knowing we have mental edge on them after last 2015 semifinal i like our chances.Serbians would be favorites,but not huge one and i see it would be open game with good shot to win for both teams.Olympic sweet memory from 2000 1/4 game vs Jugoslavia still is in my head

Btw do not sleep on Australia in group game,they are very dangeruos team we got punished in 2014 world cup in group againts them.
                  Last edited by Shawshank; 07-17-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

would anyone like to participate in a private league prediction game at http://www.prediction-game.com ? if there is interest i'll create one and start a new thread for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ByThor View Post
                      would anyone like to participate in a private league prediction game at http://www.prediction-game.com ? if there is interest i'll create one and start a new thread for it.
                      Sure, but might as well hand me the trophy though.
                      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Is there a fantasy game for the Olympic tournament???

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post

Are you in my mind ? I was searching for something like this all day long yesterday.Didn't find anything.
                          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

My tournament's prediction:

Group A

USA
                            SRB
                            FRA
                            AUS

Group B

ESP
                            BRA
                            ARG
                            LIT

USA vs.LIT
                            SERvs. ARG
                            ESP vs. AUS
                            BRA vs. FRA

1/2 Final

USAvs. FRA
                            SPA vs. SER

1rd place USA
                            2nd place SER
                            3rd place SPA
                            4th place FRA

M.V.P Durant!

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                              After sportcity died, I doubt there's smth in English. We have one in Lithuania on krepsinis.net, not really hard to participate, rules are easy, prizes sucks tho, also there should be Spanish one on acb.com

Comment

krepsinis.net hasn't send me prize for Euroleague 2014-15 fantasy game as I live in Lithuania. No way they could send a prize to other country
                                LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information