Asia Championship 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
    Sorry!We have no player called Han Dehun.
    McCalebb2015 that was just a typo. Was referring to Han Dejun. Quite an amiable guy, just like Shan Tao, he bows before leaving the court.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
      It's not like our players never played against such crowd before even though our current team is less experienced and they didn't play a close game yet and
      as I said our team wasn't convincing so far but I still think they can handle playing in a hostile situation. even though I would prefer Korea or even New Zealand instead of the host team for this crucial QF game. we have a bad memory of winning easy games in group rounds and then losing in the quarterfinal, to me QF is always the most important game of the tournament.
      Thanks for the response. I still have Iran with a slight advantage vs Lebanon. Historically, Lebanon has trouble beating Iran. But I do agree that Kamrani's presence is missed.

Comment

It was 2007, when China and Yao were not there.It was our opportunity to finally win, after racking so many second spots to China.But Hamed Ehadadi came in, and ruined our chance. This match today will be biggest in history of lebanese basketball.

Yes, we never beat China in Fiba Asia I think.Although we should have in 2009 when referees had different ideas

Comment

China vs Lebanon 2009 --> ref with a foul called against Fahed with 1 minute left how can we forget this ! Inexistant foul !
          China vs Lebanon 2001 --> they were struggling against us with Yao in Shangai in the group stage and the crowd begun to throw cissors and their players fought us man !!!

All I know is that a population of 3 000 000 made scared more than a billion Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
            China vs Lebanon 2009 --> ref with a foul called against Fahed with 1 minute left how can we forget this ! Inexistant foul !
            China vs Lebanon 2001 --> they were struggling against us with Yao in Shangai in the group stage and the crowd begun to throw cissors and their players fought us man !!!

All I know is that a population of 3 000 000 made scared more than a billion Chinese
            Any chance of you guys watching it live in the arena? Crowd support is the X-FACTOR!

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
              Man!This is 2014 not now.They are youth players in 2014 except for Zhou Peng.Whatever,Gilas only lose Blatche.We also didn't have naturalized player.
              Whatever reasons..Castro was not there also..what about your losses during manila championships was that your youth team too?I respect the chinese team what I was pointing out too is that every time they play outside mainland china for the past ten years they dont seem to do well..A lot of factors to consider like players not taking national team duties seriously if it wasnt on china;not being able to adjust to the host climate;player availability etc..

Comment

But Fiba world cup is in china, so looks like China's one foot is already at the door of tokyo olympics..
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Disgusting crap in 4th q, how much money China spend to Syria to win this after 3rd q? Shame on FIBA one more time
                  https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                    Disgusting crap in 4th q, how much money China spend to Syria to win this after 3rd q? Shame on FIBA one more time
                    Ridiculous!Team Syria has no good bench players enough.Their core players have a huge impact on physical decline in 4rd q.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post

It was in the last minute! There was no foul. There was a clear distance and no impedance to movements or whatever but the ref whistled for a foul.

Comment

• Lol you wanna talk missed Chinese calls? Watch whenever a Chinese does a spin move, it's a travel but they don't call it. But when people like Castro do a stutter step it's always a travel. Or how about the flopping? Cruz called for flopping because flop=tech in FIBA even though Li Gen was the one who elbowed him, but China is never called for flopping at all, see example like Romeo doing a spin move to pass to Almazan.

That's why nobody likes to play in mainland China, because if the calls are already wack overseas in FIBA Asia what more on their home turf lol.

Comment

• A well deserved win for South Korea. Hats off to them. Congrats!

To Gilas, win or lose we will continue supporting our national team. Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                            IMHO, it was the Chinese teams' better play and end game execution that won the game, Iraq just collapsed in the end.

Comment

• Yeah baby. semifinal here we go ! Not the best of performances again but we got the job done. and that's all that matters in this stage of the competition.

pity we played very soft in defense in last 3-4 minutes letting them to narrow the lead to just 10 . we could win by much more but that's probably doesn't matter .

even though I think coach Hatami had made some good decisions in crucial moments but still this is unbelievable to play almost the whole game with 6 players ! he HAD to bench Haddadi in 3rd quarter. he knows they called up Haddadi from his holiday and he is not in great shape to play the entire game. even though the last time he played the entire game in a QF was in 2011 and we know what happened !

while all 6 players played good tonight I believe Mashayekhi was the star of the day, he scored few crucial baskets in 3rd quarter when we were in trouble.

and I hope Hatami doesn't repeat the same mistake against Korea, in that game we can bench Haddadi for few minutes, Arghavan is good enough to handle the Korean centers. please don't exhaust Hamed more than this ! in past few years we usually had no problems with Korea except for 2014 Incheon final but this Korea is getting better and better throughout the tournament

Comment

• I didn't watch the start of the game as the Iranian sport channel didn't show it live with sounds on but now I'm reading Arsalan Kazemi's interview and few other comments in some social media , nice job by Lebanese fans to boo the national anthem , that was pure class even though I didn't expect anything else and of course they got their answer in the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information