No announcement yet.

Asia Championship 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaaaat ??? Even in Lebanon the Chinese buy the ref !!
    Amir was puched in the last 30 seconds and the ref called a wishtle against us !!!!! Hahaha loool i prefer laugh at this

Comment

• if the ref had any clue, this guy Han would have fouled out. all he does is push and push by his hand. He has zero basketball skils, and got away with every push in the world.
      Refereeing disaster, thankfully it was meaningless game as it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
        Australia is a hard fit. It was unfair when they only had to beat New Zealand to qualify for the Olympics and qualified automatically for the Worlds.

Yet geographically/time zone they'd be a bad fit for Europe and the Americas as well, hard to grow international basketball when every meaningful game they played would likely be in the middle of the night for the locals.

Best case scenario Australia's admittance to Asia raises the game across the board (much like post dream team we saw a raise in the game worldwide), worse case scenario they become a more dominant Dream Team in Asia until someone says screw geography and puts them in Europe.
        Just keep them in Oceania, and give Oceania 2 spots for world cup.no need to bring them to fiba asia.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
          if the ref had any clue, this guy Han would have fouled out. all he does is push and push by his hand. He has zero basketball skils, and got away with every push in the world.
          Refereeing disaster, thankfully it was meaningless game as it gets.
          This tournament for me was the worst officiated in my opinion..Lebanon did a really good job hosting it but the referees especially those coming from oceana were so inconsistent with their calls..A lot of non calls on both ends..

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
            Just keep them in Oceania, and give Oceania 2 spots for world cup.no need to bring them to fiba asia.
            That's the situation we had previously and it was a joke. When Oceania has 2 spots for the world cup they literally didn't have to do anything to make it. A region with only two teams is no region at all.
            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Korea dont make it obvious that you tanked again tb in the first round..
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• congrats to South Korea.
                Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• IMG_9886.jpg
                  Asia Legends in 1 pic!

Comment

• That is a nice pic of the Asian legends!

Congrats Korea for winning 3rd!

The Aussies are the favored to win but I will be rooting for long time FIBA Asia member, Iran. Go Team Melli go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                      That's the situation we had previously and it was a joke. When Oceania has 2 spots for the world cup they literally didn't have to do anything to make it. A region with only two teams is no region at all.
                      They can play the qualifiers vs asia. like allocate 4 seats to asia, and 5th 6th in asia face the top two in oceania to qualify to world cup.

but dont bring them to asia cup. just look how embarassing the game is now, 48 - 28 and we are still early 3rd quarter.

Comment

• when a team wins title, it generates intrest in country.The game got popular in Lebanon because of winning titles ( arabic clubs cup, asian clubs cup)..

Australia will kill any intrest in this cup , and kill any nation of hoping ...

Comment

• Congrats to Australia, they were indeed the best team of the tournament and everybody knew that from the start but I believe we could play better, much better than this, you can't win the title by scoring only 1 3pointer in the final. I think Australia was more prepared for us tonight, they had a better plan. they made it very physical since they knew we played curcial games with only 5 (maybe 6 if we count Oshin) players and they were already tired after the Korean semifinal. we played much better in 1st and 3rd quarters when our top guys were fresh.

I'm glad Australia and New Zealand are playing in FIBA Asia, you can't improve by avoiding playing top teams. even though we lost our rightful "Asian" title because of them.

and that was surprising they gave the MVP award to Haddadi ! I think all of our 5 starters played great overall but we need better bench players, or at least a better coach who trusts his bench more ! and I still hope our federation changes its policy and invites our "Golden generation" players to the team. Samad and Kamrani still can play few more years for the NT.

Comment

• First of all congrats Australia and hard luck Iran !
                            Iran shows that even without Kamrani and Bahrami, they have a solid team and they are maybe the best in Asia. I guess they will be a top 4 teal for years. I knew that Jamshidi and Yakhchali were good so im not surprised but to be honest i was surpised by the PG Mashayekhi ! He did two very good games against Lebanon and S Korea.
                            Indeed you don't have a big rotation so I don't know if it's the coach or because there's a big gap between the starting 5 and the bench.

Secondly i hope that everyone enjoy the tournament in Lebanon. It was our first ever hosting and even the first hosting in our Region. It's great to know that 15 NT from Asia and Oceania came to play basketball in that small country called Lebanon especially with all the things you can hear on the news in the Middle East etc.

Maybe the last comments it will be about the Lebanese fans. We were great in supporting our NT but we have to respect the other (national anthem, the haka etc )but to be honest i knew that they will always be some stupid fans.

Comment

• Basketball lovers, try out brand new real time manager for free !!! https://mybasketteam.com

Comment

• FIBA should expand the asian cup teams from 16 to 24 lots of good sea teams, gulf teams and central asia teams unable to play, and we are contend with hong kong and India mediocre perf
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information