Asia Championship 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to NZ, hard luck to us.
    I said that we lack good shooters and i was right about that. We can not win a game with only 2 3's. Arakji was stopped but come on i said it in an old post ! Fahed > Arakji... he doesn't know how to shot a FT !!! Unfortunately it's black or white with him.
    Butautas should let play Pelle more minutes ! He's a monster under the basket and all the game they were killing us inside so give him more minutes !
    But credit to NZ, respect to them !
    Now we will probably play against Chinese Taipei or Japan and if we win we will play against Iran or Philippines !
    Hard QF

Comment

Lebanon - New Zealand was easily the game of the night. Youngsters now finding their footing and they are surprisingly athletic.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Lebanon - New Zealand was easily the game of the night. Youngsters now finding their footing and they are surprisingly athletic.
        Their youngsters are good. Good composure against the home team and its veterans.

Good luck to your next game, Lebanon. The second seed is still up for grabs.

Comment

kazakhstan's performance is becoming worse as years goes. have anyone notice that? they are becoming the korea's bitch now. i thought in 2007, they looked promising. then 10 years later, they are getting beaten black and blue by their asian opponents. seriously? korea were bamboozled by russia and lithuania - former soviet countries just like the kazakhstan.

why am i getting disappointed? because just like russia and lithuania, kazakh players possess the size for a basketball team. however, something is wrong within their training. just wondering.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
            Congrats to NZ, hard luck to us.
            I said that we lack good shooters and i was right about that. We can not win a game with only 2 3's. Arakji was stopped but come on i said it in an old post ! Fahed > Arakji... he doesn't know how to shot a FT !!! Unfortunately it's black or white with him.
            Butautas should let play Pelle more minutes ! He's a monster under the basket and all the game they were killing us inside so give him more minutes !
            But credit to NZ, respect to them !
            Now we will probably play against Chinese Taipei or Japan and if we win we will play against Iran or Philippines !
            Hard QF

No doubt ARAKJI >>> Fahed. Not a chance. Fahed was only good at NT level some players like Fahed Bawji succeed with NT while they play below par for their clubs.
            ARakji plays great both places, nt and club.

The reason we lost, is because Fadi el Khaib choked down the stretch.He made costly two turnovers, missed couple of shots.. he tried playing hero ball which affected the other players. It should be a team.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
              No doubt ARAKJI >>> Fahed. Not a chance. Fahed was only good at NT level some players like Fahed Bawji succeed with NT while they play below par for their clubs.

The reason we lost, is because Fadi el Khaib choked down the stretch.He made costly two turnovers, missed couple of shots.. he tried playing hero ball which affected the other players. It should be a team.
              Nah maybe he was clutch in the spreads hahaha..just ask Oh Se Keun hahaha
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post

Arakji better overall player but not a better player when it counts. Fahed at his prime yesterday would scored easily minimum 18 points ! Arakji always struggle against PG who has speed and know how to defend ! Ok he's still young but missing FT in korea game and NZ like bassem balaa it's a disgrace !
                Fadi was alone he did everything so no the reason why we lost is the very poor performance of Arakji ! I guess you are a Riyadi fan to hate Kakhia Fadi and to say that Arakji is >>>>>> Fahed !
                Be objective Arakji was 0 yesterday he scored 2 points ?
                Khatib against korea was not good and he still scored 16 points
                You know what i mean ? Even when you have a day off you have to score a minimum and that's what Arakji lacks !

Comment

Is Kevin Ware going to join team Jordan for today's game against India? What documents is he waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by salda View Post
                    Is Kevin Ware going to join team Jordan for today's game against India? What documents is he waiting for?
                    Unfortunately NO, FIBA asked for a Passport with 5 Years and he has one with only 1 Year.
                    He even might not play against Iran if they don't solve the Problem until Sunday.

Comment

Do other countries see Philippines as a power in Asian basketball?

There's this weird feeling in me that doesn't think so.

Comment

For today's games, Lebanon needs to win Kazakhstan and for Korea to win NZ by 3-8 points to get top seed in Group C.

NZ just needs to win Korea or lose by only 1-2 points to keep top spot, while Korea needs to win NZ by 9+ points to get top spot.
                        Originally posted by gideon
                        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                          Do other countries see Philippines as a power in Asian basketball?

There's this weird feeling in me that doesn't think so.
                          I think who knows basketball in the Asian level for sure for them Philippines is a powerhouse. Since 2011 you are back in the top 4 and you played good basketball in the world stage against Argentina Croatia France NZ etc.
                          BTW it's not too much important how others see your NT because the answer was and will always be in the court.

Comment

David Andersen will miss the rest of the tournament due to a shoulder injury. He will be flying home so AUS will play with an 11 man squad.
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Interesting finish between Korea and New Zealand, where the Koreans let New Zealand hold the ball for the last shot despite needing more than a one-point win to advance. Guess they figured they couldn't make up the necessary points and just wanted the win?
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                                Interesting finish between Korea and New Zealand, where the Koreans let New Zealand hold the ball for the last shot despite needing more than a one-point win to advance. Guess they figured they couldn't make up the necessary points and just wanted the win?
                                Don't you think the better play was letting Heo miss both free throws to extend the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information