Developing youngsters and playing times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    the argument is that overpaid youngsters in TBL lose motivation to work hard. Logically this makes sense, but it does not apply to all. And I agree with you that main problem lies with the coach/management approach, at least more than it is with the players themselves.

Efes seemed willing to risk a few years in 2014 by bringing Ivkovic and collecting youngsters (Korkmaz, Osman, Kosut, Kilicli, Batuk, Balbay, Ulubay, Cosar etc), but they gave up only after 2 years. With a long-term A-license in EL, and no pressure for immediate success either in Europe or in TBL, I don't know what they're afraid of.

Yeah it is one of the reasons. I don't know if it is applicable that maybe cap restrictions on salary untill being 21 years old could do some movement about this issue. Maybe with this way, players have to chose playing time over money, maybe even they can go for a foreign job.

Comment

Raising and training young players in Europe is a disloyal, unfaithful and a gainless job for the clubs. Every player wants to go to the NBA, when they play a little and feel a little like ''star'' managers are there to tempt them and sell them to the USA and they go there without helping their team financially, things are not same as it's with FIFA in Football, NBA doesn't care contracts and thanks to FIBA there is a huge disorder going on in European basketball. Fenerbahce suffered from that a lot.

I think we need to train a different kind of players, not star types, more like guards and role player types, because these players ain't going to NBA usually, a player like Omer Onan or Kerem Tunceri, for example Greeks has these kind players, they are using it both in competitive teams and the national team.

We don't need a new Omer Asik, Memo, Hedo, Ersan or Kanter... This type of players are easy to sell to NBA, we need to raise players like Harun, Ibo, Serkan Erdogan etc. These type players can't go to the NBA easily and we've gained a lot from them in both competitive club teams and national teams.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information