The Worst Referee Games Of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Agree with this one as well. Near the top. My criteria is that it's not about one decision or a few that affected the outcome of the game, those happen very often (like Serbia - Argentina finals, which I agree Argentina was damaged by the ref by not giving a foul on the final play). Those types of games happen many times every year, but every now and then there is an organized cheating game where refs are pulling a team play after play the whole game and destroying the game. Croatia - Spain in Belgrade was a game like that. Spain shot 50 free throws LOL! 38 called fouls on Croatia (basically to foul out the whole team) and they still broke them in overtime only. Pathetic.
    That game still hurts like it was yesterday
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Spain-Greece 2007,the semifinal.This one reminds me why i hate some players who don't deserve any kind of respect
      Hellas-Spain 1/2 Final Eurobasket 07 - Terrible Refs - Spanish Diving contest
      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

All Spain's games since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
          All Spain's games since 2005
          Eh, the two games that were mentioned are very obvious. Takes a man to admit it.

Comment

Few latest posts deleted. Keep personal stuff/insults to yourself or atleast PM. Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              Eh, the two games that were mentioned are very obvious. Takes a man to admit it.
              I was joking (see the face). Of course we were helped, the "karma" (a lot of times mentioned in this forum) returned us at semifinal vs Germany with Nowitzki's last shot, and vs Russia at the final with Pau's shot.
              Last edited by Mr Chacho; 01-20-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                I was joking (see the face). Of course we were helped, the "karma" (a lot of times mentioned in this forum) returned us at semifinal with Nowitzki's last shot, and vs Russia with Pau's shot.
                Maybe also with Teo's three from 10 meters over Garbajosa as well

Comment

Does anyone remember the group stage game in Ankara, Turkey vs Spain in 2001 EuroBasket? Spanish side complained a lot after this game, there has been even some bad blood between Spain and Turkey for sometimes after this game. ( I have only seen the highlights at the time)

Like i said before, No one can deny the lobbying and the shift of power every few years, so no one should really complain.This is similar to make up decisions during any game. ( balancing the bad decision)

A bit annoying but true..

Comment

Originally posted by Drexler View Post
                    Does anyone remember the group stage game in Ankara, Turkey vs Spain in 2001 EuroBasket? Spanish side complained a lot after this game, there has been even some bad blood between Spain and Turkey for sometimes after this game. ( I have only seen the highlights at the time)

Like i said before, No one can deny the lobbying and the shift of power every few years, so no one should really complain.This is similar to make up decisions during any game. ( balancing the bad decision)

A bit annoying but true..
                    To complain about referees is a waste of time, the game won't be repeat for the complaints. Is better to analyze the game and be focused on the next one.

Comment

baskonia-CSKA 2013 quarterfinals fourth game:

interesting video, CSKA won with the help of the referees.

minute 6:57, extreme backourt violation! and the referee is blind? amazing!

after the game messina criticized the tough defense of baskonia, and said that it was a bullfight, not a basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by jonga View Post
                        baskonia-CSKA 2013 quarterfinals fourth game:

interesting video, CSKA won with the help of the referees.

minute 6:57, extreme backourt violation! and the referee is blind? amazing!

after the game messina criticized the tough defense of baskonia, and said that it was a bullfight, not a basketball game.
                        This is the most shameless referees performance ever by far.

Comment

Talking about World-Wide, number one for me would be
                          2002 NBA playoffs Kings - Lakers. Just a pathetic...

Few years later referee told that Lakers just HAD TO WIN, so they(referees) did these stupid things.

---------------------------------------

Talking about Europe, 1995 Lithuania - Yugoslavia comes to my mind, because it is pretty much the same situation as I mentioned above.

Comment

Eurobasket 1995 Lithuania - Yugoslavia
                            WC 2002 Argentina - Yugoslavia

FIBA's new founded ethical committee should seriously investigate these two games. Bunch of bad whistles, not coming from the referee faults but bad intention towards Lithuania and Argentina. Let justice be done upon these two games even though many years have passed on them.
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information