No announcement yet.

2016 U16 International Tournament in Samsun, Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serbia with a 42-37 lead over Turkey at half time.

Marko Pecarski still stands head and shoulders above the competition level. He ended the first half with a double-double of 24 points, 10 rebounds and only a single missed shot (8/9 2FG, 1/1 3FG and 5/5 FT).

Comment

Serbia - Turkey 81-77

Pecarski ended the game with 34 points (on 10/15 2FG, 2/2 3FG, 8/10 FT), 16 rebounds and 1 block. Petrušev also registered a double-double with 18 points (on 4/10 2FG, 3/6 3FG) and 10 boards. However both struggled a little against Turkish 2nd-half's tough defence. For his part Nedeljković showed again his versality with 19 points (on 5/8 2FG, 2/3 3FG), 4 rebounds? 5 assists, and to a lesser extent Ilić too.

The "drunk" cameraman who freezed several time the follow-through on Turkish bench during fastbreaks situations and Gütlekin's bicolor knee sleeves literally gave me a headache. I can just imagine future cameramen watching this game as an instructional video for what to not do, and future ballers for what to not wear.

Turkish undersized post Alperen Demir looks like a handball pivot, contrary to Efe Yurtlu and Yavuz Gütlekin who have basketball bodies.

Comment

This Turkish generation lacks a quality guy under the rim who can cover the painted area. Adem Bayrak is the guy for this role however he had some serious injuries and looks like he couldn't have recovered from those injuries that pulled him downward. I still believe in him and he will get his form during the European Championship. The most talented guy in this generation is Mert Konuk but couldn't perform well in overall and kinda disappointment. Yavuz Gültekin is the real deal but needs to bulk up immediately. Anyway, frequent rotation of coach simply do harm us but this is the reason why we are playing these tournaments.

Serbia has really different talents and Pecarski has showed off his quality during these days. He really put great numbers in stat sheet. They will be the favorite for the title this summer.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I am really satisfied from what I have seen from our NT at this tournament, the team is well coached and is very deep, players like Rutesic barely see the court time and he could be one of the most talented player on our squad. Also this team can be enforced at summer with 3,4 players who are not present in Turkey .
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
            This Turkish generation lacks a quality guy under the rim who can cover the painted area.

I`ve never heard this sentence before

Comment

Lithuania is playing without its best player Balciunas who signed with Barca in summer, so it can be too hard to handle with Serbian bigs Pecarski and Petrusev.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                Lithuania is playing without its best player Balciunas who signed with Barca in summer, so it can be too hard to handle with Serbian bigs Pecarski and Petrusev.
                Why isn't he playing? And where is he playing now? 3rd Spanish division? I couldn't find any info.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I really wonder what will happen if 2000 born C Balsa Koprivica(listed as 7'1'' tall) from USA appears in Serbian team for U16 Euro.

Pecarski is a clear leader of this team, seems like he can have 25 points 15 rebounds in most of the games on this level, but what if arguably even better prospect that plays on same position join the team? Can they play together(Pecarski as 6'9'' is a more of the size of PF than C anyway)?

What would happen with Petrusev in that case?

Pecarski is a clear candidate for a MVP on the U16 Euro, but if Koprivica join the team there is a chance he will overshadow him, and I don't think that some powerful people in Pecarski's backround would like that.

I have a feeling that Koprivica will not play for the U16 Serbia in this summer, and that some people in Serbia will be happy because of it
                  Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Pecarski can cover both positions, I don't think there will be any issues , there are plenty minutes to share between three of them, also we still yet to see how will Koprivica translate his game at European Championship.
                    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Guys, when will be the final game today or tomorrow? Already in foretaste to see classic of European basketball between Lithuania and Serbia. Given the fact that Balciunas isn,t playing in this tournament quite obviously that in U 16 EC Lithuania will be only stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                        Guys, when will be the final game today or tomorrow? Already in foretaste to see classic of European basketball between Lithuania and Serbia. Given the fact that Balciunas isn,t playing in this tournament quite obviously that in U 16 EC Lithuania will be only stronger.
                        it will be today at 18.00 Turkish time so app. 40 minutes later. Link:http://www.tbftv.org/

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Argentina - Turkey: 51-85

Good performance from the team and maybe the best one in the tournament in third place game. The coach tried to use every guy approximately 20 minutes and gave them an even break. Overall tournament performance was disappointment but with the addition of healthy Adem Bayrak, we will definitely be stronger and fight for medal. We have upcoming Turkish Championship next month, there will be players who come to light like they do every single year.

Turkey B - France: 39-55

The performance of B team put a smile on my face. They got important wins and fought very well despite the fact they are one (some of them two) year younger than every player in Samsun. Very impessive talents there, especially Kurtuldum. One or two years differences between players differ them a lot from each other physically. I am pretty sure, these players will evolve into different players next year. Talent wise, they had coped with everyone but physically got destroyed by athletic French players particularly in this game. Still, such a good effort from team, they are the winners of this tournament.
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Liths doing great job in the first quarter. Serbia is worse than I expected but not ended yet. 1st Q. result: Lith: 17 Srb: 6

Comment

Deserved win of Lithuania over Serbia in a final that was imo never in doubt, even when Serbian team tried to close the gap in Q4. Lithuania surprisingly won the rebounds battle and nailed several times Serbia with 3-point shots.

Turkey U16 finished the tournament on a high note, while younger U15 lost vs France but otherwise had a fine tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information