• Show
Clear All

Some records achieved in yesterday's game:

- largest margin achieved by any winning team
    - 3-pt made (7) and attempted (tied with 11) by Terrance Ferguson
    - 3-pt made (14) and attempted (36) by USA-team
    - steals (tied with 5) by Markelle Fultz
    - fewest points ever allowed (67), combined with lowest FG shooting

USA is currently leading the series 13-6.

Comment

Harry Giles was invited and attended the game, as announced, but obviously dnp as he's still rehabbing from ACL injury/surgery.

Photo gallery
      Last edited by carlo; 04-10-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
        I was referring to Jamar Wilson.

I know his wife is Finnish and he has spent a lot of time there, not a big deal or anything. Definitely an example of a European country grabbing any American talent they can get though.
        Getting off-topic here, but I don't think Jamar is a good 'example of a European country grabbing any American talent'. A) Finland does not pay Jamar for playing, B) Finland does not (and did not) use any expedited naturalization process for athletes C) He is not a starter, D) the initiative to join the team came from him (as opposed to him being 'grabbed' into the team. Happy to have him though and he seemed to fit in quite well with the team in last Eurobasket in Montpellier (even though we didn't do so well).

Back to topic: I suspect some of the better European talent did not choose to play (or were not even invited) in the Nike Hoop Summit. E.g. one of Finland's biggest talents, Lauri Markkanen (Arizona U in the future), chose not to participate and I'm sure there are others.

Comment

Originally posted by Upi View Post
          Getting off-topic here, but I don't think Jamar is a good 'example of a European country grabbing any American talent'. A) Finland does not pay Jamar for playing, B) Finland does not (and did not) use any expedited naturalization process for athletes C) He is not a starter, D) the initiative to join the team came from him (as opposed to him being 'grabbed' into the team. Happy to have him though and he seemed to fit in quite well with the team in last Eurobasket in Montpellier (even though we didn't do so well).

Back to topic: I suspect some of the better European talent did not choose to play (or were not even invited) in the Nike Hoop Summit. E.g. one of Finland's biggest talents, Lauri Markkanen (Arizona U in the future), chose not to participate and I'm sure there are others.
          You were right. The World roster was a travesty. Mostly 2nd and 3rd rate talents.

Comment

Atic and Varnas were among three best SG's(third one was Korkmaz) on the last year U - 18 European Championship, so not like they are some second class European talents. But they aren't good as top American guards of their age, not like I needed Nike Hoop Summit to figure that. As for Atic, I'm not suprised at all that he didn't perform well, this entire season was terrible for him. This was his second "professional"(playing against adult males) season and I must say he sucks on that level, he really struggles against stronger adult players. But as 1997 born, there is a planty of time for him.
            Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
              Atic and Varnas were among three best SG's(third one was Korkmaz) on the last year U - 18 European Championship, so not like they are some second class European talents. But they aren't good as top American guards of their age, not like I needed Nike Hoop Summit to figure that. As for Atic, I'm not suprised at all that he didn't perform well, this entire season was terrible for him. This was his second "professional"(playing against adult males) season and I must say he sucks on that level, he really struggles against stronger adult players. But as 1997 born, there is a planty of time for him.
              The game was lost even before starting. Without real playmakers or shot creators on swingman spots, World squad didn't have the tools to face US lockdown perimeter defenders.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information